Cal Baseball as of Sat am...

6,681 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Baller4
gwashburn14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tough for Cal when those west coast teams it plays on those mid week games aren't strong. And that late season series against San Jose State didn't help at all and those four straight games against Washington. Hard to improve your RPI when the Pac-12 was down this year.
SFCALBear72
5 ACC teams hosting Regionals compared to only 2 Pac-12 teams.

Schedule will definitely get tougher next season.
Go to work, Bears!!

Coach Neu: Make sure those non-conference games add "value" to our resume!!
barsad
We were robbed. SOS is BS, West Coast teams don't have much choice in non-conference.
SFCALBear72
barsad said:

We were robbed. SOS is BS, West Coast teams don't have much choice in non-conference.
No choices???

Well, we could have scheduled UCSB, UC Irvine, Fresno State, USD or Grand Canyon instead of Pacific, USF and St, Mary's.

They all made the tournament.
udaman1
Do our stud middle infielders stick around after this massive lack of respect? Would you?
Chabbear
Ah but those are all overnight trips, right?
89Bear
udaman1 said:

Do our stud middle infielders stick around after this massive lack of respect? Would you?

Heading to the ACC is reason to stay!
SFCALBear72
Chabbear said:

Ah but those are all overnight trips, right?
Could be. Why, is that what decides who is on the schedule? lol.

So, instead of a 3-game series with San Jose State, you schedule one of those other teams.

Or you could fly down to Orange County or San Diego in the morning, play an afternoon game and fly back that evening
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Today, D1Baseball.com has us headed to #4 Texas A&M (College Station Tx) along with Texas and Niagara.

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

During the last 2-3 years there have been only a few posters here. Among them are (were) a couple that don't like Neu at all. I can only say this team didn't give up....and hasn't given up yet.

GO BEARS!!

Yeah, haven't heard from those guys in a few days.
Here I am. First, nobody is happier than me that we are having a great year.

What this shows is that we could easily be a perennial powerhouse with the right leadership. I wanted to be our coach a few years ago, but that ship has sailed.

It is insane that Neu apparently has a lifetime contract ....

This guy is a total Piece of work. You complained about the last staff, even when this program went to 2011 WS. You have receipts on how you said that Neu was the genius and the reason why Cal was successful when he was the pitching coach. Now he is the worst coach??? If you want to see the receipts, look this cat up and his posts.

You wanted to be the coach???? The lifetime contract was your complaint was for the last HC. Who in 7 years has a couple of Pac titles and 6 out of 7 regional appearances. In 7 years Neu has needed help each year. Was left with a team who was predicted to win the PAC in his first year as HC, and did not make a regional. It took 7 years to get this team, and Neu did not set this team for success. Playing UOP twice really helped the cause. ACC play is not going to be good for Cal. I am sure they will have to GoFundMe for travel. Sweep OSU and then lose 2-3 to Stanford. This was a good team, and this staff blew it. If I were some of these players, I would be looking into the portal because it is not going to get any easier, and why not look elsewhere to have a chance.

As for this OSO. Maybe this guy is Zuber or possibly related to Milano. If it is Zuber, go on with your online coaching. I remember you were a piece of work when you were an assistant here. Cannot be the last one in and first one to leave!

I was in AZ for this tournament. Good was not good enough. U of A has a great shot to go all the way. That team plays at a different level.

Hey, but as one of your bandwagon fans who started posting this season. At least the tacos were good!!!
udaman1
89Bear said:

udaman1 said:

Heading to the ACC is reason to stay!
Man, I hope. Those two are beasts. cornerstones for the next 2 years
blungld
It's always "strength of schedule for the SEC"...and if you can't claim that, then it is the "eye test."
CRBear
Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Today, D1Baseball.com has us headed to #4 Texas A&M (College Station Tx) along with Texas and Niagara.

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

During the last 2-3 years there have been only a few posters here. Among them are (were) a couple that don't like Neu at all. I can only say this team didn't give up....and hasn't given up yet.

GO BEARS!!

What this shows is that we could easily be a perennial powerhouse with the right leadership. I wanted to be our coach a few years ago, but that ship has sailed.

This guy is a total Piece of work. You complained about the last staff, even when this program went to 2011 WS. You have receipts on how you said that Neu was the genius and the reason why Cal was successful when he was the pitching coach. Now he is the worst coach??? If you want to see the receipts, look this cat up and his posts.

You wanted to be the coach???? The lifetime contract was your complaint was for the last HC. Who in 7 years has a couple of Pac titles and 6 out of 7 regional appearances. In 7 years Neu has needed help each year. Was left with a team who was predicted to win the PAC in his first year as HC, and did not make a regional. It took 7 years to get this team, and Neu did not set this team for success. Playing UOP twice really helped the cause. ACC play is not going to be good for Cal. I am sure they will have to GoFundMe for travel. Sweep OSU and then lose 2-3 to Stanford. This was a good team, and this staff blew it. If I were some of these players, I would be looking into the portal because it is not going to get any easier, and why not look elsewhere to have a chance.

As for this OSO. Maybe this guy is Zuber or possibly related to Milano. If it is Zuber, go on with your online coaching. I remember you were a piece of work when you were an assistant here. Cannot be the last one in and first one to leave!

I was in AZ for this tournament. Good was not good enough. U of A has a great shot to go all the way. That team plays at a different level.

Hey, but as one of your bandwagon fans who started posting this season. At least the tacos were good!!!

My goodness, you are equal parts pathetic and stupid. I said I wasn't a fan. The whole point of my post was to ask you why you have so little going on in your life that you troll a enssage board and pathetically want us to ask you all about your life. My interest in you was purely out of curiosity about why a (presumably) grown man has so little going on in his life. But alas, I no longer care. Sometimes the simple answer is the correct one. You're just a loser. No further explanation is required.
Baller4
CRBear said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

My goodness, you are equal parts pathetic and stupid. I said I wasn't a fan. The whole point of my post was to ask you why you have so little going on in your life that you troll a enssage board and pathetically want us to ask you all about your life. My interest in you was purely out of curiosity about why a (presumably) grown man has so little going on in his life. But alas, I no longer care. Sometimes the simple answer is the correct one. You're just a loser. No further explanation is required.
Go eat your tacos MEAT!!!! YOU were pathetic and stupid to come back on here and be rattled by what I said. Here you go guys. This is the type of fan who comes in and wants to talk baseball. I live rent free in your head. Go catch catch some pine MEAT!!!! I didn't even remember who you were, but pull back the curtain, and here you are!!! You are rattled for what, but again, thank you for exposing your interest in Cal baseball is for the tacos!!!!!
Ccajon2
OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

You'd have made a fine coach for Cal, as a former player. Don't know why you weren't considered, Softball team got Chelsea, who was absolutely the right hire as Head SB coach.
Baller4
Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

You'd have made a fine coach for Cal, as a former player. Don't know why you weren't considered, Softball team got Chelsea, who was absolutely the right hire as Head SB coach.
So you must be Zuber, pretty crappy that you were on her posting about your boss when you were employed by Cal!!!! Againk what I heard, last one in, first one off the field and out the door!

I guess after the last HC fired you.......

All makes sense of all your receipts. You were not happy when they made the 2011 CWS, that is for sure.
JimSox
Baller4 said:

CRBear said:

Baller4 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

Go eat your tacos MEAT!!!! YOU were pathetic and stupid to come back on here and be rattled by what I said. Here you go guys. This is the type of fan who comes in and wants to talk baseball. I live rent free in your head. Go catch catch some pine MEAT!!!! I didn't even remember who you were, but pull back the curtain, and here you are!!! You are rattled for what, but again, thank you for exposing your interest in Cal baseball is for the tacos!!!!!

No you're pathetic and stupid. No YOU'RE pathetic and stupid. No I'M pathetic and stupid. EVERYONE'S pathetic and stupid. Not to mention insulting.
Meantime Cal got left out and then the much much worse news that Bill Walton died. Sad day. Blame game only makes it that much sadder. Be nice everyone. Say something constructive.
OsoDorado
Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

Correction. Yes, I played and managed in a league for adults called the MSBL (Mens' Senior Baseball League), but I never played at Cal.

Unlike "Baller4", however, I actually graduated from Cal, and know a lot more about baseball than he does.

Edit: I honestly do believe the ship has probably sailed on me possibly being our coach. BUT, I just finished a 5-month programming project I had to do, so maybe being our coach is a possibility again.

Here's my commitment: If I become our coach, we will be a perennial presence at the College World Series within 3 years. I will recruit the best, smartest players in the USA (plus reach out to all of Latin America). We will be the elite destination for the best players in the world, and we will bury Stanford and Esquer.

Edit 2: Unlike Esquer, I can really speak Spanish. There is no way he could ever compete with me recruiting Latin American players. Can you imagine the pitchers I would bring in?
SBGold
OsoDorado said:

Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

Correction. Yes, I played and managed in a league for adults called the MSBL (Mens' Senior Baseball League), but I never played at Cal.

Unlike "Baller4", however, I actually graduated from Cal, and know a lot more about baseball than he does.

Edit: I honestly do believe the ship has probably sailed on me possibly being our coach. BUT, I just finished a 5-month programming project I had to do, so maybe being our coach is a possibility again.

Here's my commitment: If I become our coach, we will be a perennial presence at the College World Series within 3 years. I will recruit the best, smartest players in the USA (plus reach out to all of Latin America). We will be the elite destination for the best players in the world, and we will bury Stanford and Esquer.

Edit 2: Unlike Esquer, I can really speak Spanish. There is no way he could ever compete with me recruiting Latin American players. Can you imagine the pitchers I would bring in?
Coaching in that Men's Senior League if no big feather in the cap, I tried out last year and had 3 teams ready to pick me up, and I'm hardly in playing shape now. I had teams in REBL and Tri Valley offering me the spots as well.

I don't know if knowing spanish is going to help recruit ball players to the ACC, seems tenuous at best
OsoDorado
SBGold said:

OsoDorado said:

Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

Coaching in that Men's Senior League if no big feather in the, I tried out last year and had 3 teams ready to pick me up, and I'm hardly in playing shape now. I had teams in REBL and Tri Valley offering me the spots as well.

I don't know if knowing spanish is going to help recruit ball players to the ACC, seems tenuous at best

Speaking Spanish and understanding Hispanic culture is critical if you want to recruit pitchers who can paint the corners from Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico. And there are a lot of position players there who would play for us too.

But let's be real. Neu effectively has a lifetime contract (especially after 1 good year) so I will never be our coach, regardless of the powerhouse team I would recruit.
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

I just returned from OSU regional, and heading to SB to catch today's games. I was rolling when I saw this post and your others.

What a joke of a person you are. So now you are claiming to be more Mexican than Esquer because you think you speak more Spanish than he does???

If you are so great, why set your sites at Cal, why not go coach in the SEC where admission requirements are not as high, or maybe turn USF into this so called powerhouse that you will "turn" call into. Or are you now admitting that Cal is not an elite educational institution as it claims to be. There are a number of past football players who I question their ability to get into the school. I really question how Rodgers was admitted, showing he is just as stupid as you in recent months.

Plus Esquer just nailed a top player from Japan who picked Stanford for the education over Cal. Esquer lives in your head rent free. I bet you hate the fact the last CWS appearance was in 2011! Stay in your lane and go be a programmer.

I see your Neu knee pads have been worn out, since he received your endorsement when he was the pitching coach. Just continue to pace your small apartment somewhere in Berkeley with pictures of Esquer on your wall and the fact in the past 7 years, your boy Neu has done nothing here, and Stanford has 2 conference titles and 3 CWS appearances.

Plus, your over 30 league experience is not going to cut it. Maybe you should join the dude who likes to eat tacos at the games!!!
Baller4
OsoDorado said:

SBGold said:

OsoDorado said:

Ccajon2 said:

OsoDorado said:

JimSox said:

calbearinamaze said:

SFCALBear72 said:

Arizona to UCSB
Oregon to Oklahoma

Oregon State hosting
Thanks!

GO BEARS!!

Coaching in that Men's Senior League if no big feather in the, I tried out last year and had 3 teams ready to pick me up, and I'm hardly in playing shape now. I had teams in REBL and Tri Valley offering me the spots as well.

Speaking Spanish and understanding Hispanic culture is critical if you want to recruit pitchers who can paint the corners from Colombia, Venezuela and Mexico. And there are a lot of position players there who would play for us too.

But let's be real. Neu effectively has a lifetime contract (especially after 1 good year) so I will never be our coach, regardless of the powerhouse team I would recruit.
So you must have been devastated when channel 7 bypassed you for Esquer and his story on his Mexican heritage. Talking about his parents being from Mexico!!!! So I assume Esquer has no clue about the culture!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.