Furds Canady in transfer portal.

5,203 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by CalWSportsFan
CalWSportsFan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be ridiculous to spend this much NIL money on one player. I'd not be a fan if Cal did this. I don't blame her I guess...but to have to live in Texas, a state where as a woman I have no bodily autonomy, would not be on my list of go-to places. I imagine she could have stayed at Stanford and received a pretty penny, plus gained a degree that would hold in her good stead going forward....but who am I to say. I will say I'm turned off by college sports becoming, in essence, pro sports.
OBear073akaSMFan
I think many agree with you ..including myself. When is enough, .enough?
CalFanatic
The only positive is Stanford is now EXTREMELY weak next season. Makes our ACC move a bit easier. Both Canady and Krause are gone and we know the offense is...yikes.
Schroeder71
I have a question. If Title IX is supposed to be equitable, shouldn't NIL money be spent on female athletes in every school that spends NIL $$$ on male athletes? Just curious...
CalWSportsFan
Interesting question and remains to be seen? Here's an article which addresses some of it: https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/39056505/ncaa-rule-changes-nil-paying-athletes-title-ix-charlie-baker-faq
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.