U.S. Olympic Trials - TRACK & FIELD

2,664 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Oski87
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T&F Trials from Eugene kicks off Friday with Day #1 of the Decathlon.

Heats of the Deca 100m start at 10:00 AM Pacific.

NBC, USA Network, and Peacock.

https://www.usatf.org/events/2024/2024-u-s-olympic-team-trials-%E2%80%94-track-field/schedule

In other news, Michael Johnson is starting up a new Grand Slam Track Circuit for 2025
With big money!

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a61178893/michael-johnsons-grand-slam-track/

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
I guess no one cares.

Sha'Carri in 10.71 last night.
All 3 training partners heading to PARIS.
Schroeder71
Some of us are watching the T&F! Sha'Carri turns me off with her ego-centric personality. The men's team seems a bit uninspired and does not look good except for the three stud SP qualifiers for Paris. It's just getting started, however.
OBear073akaSMFan
DiabloWags said:

I guess no one cares.

Sha'Carri in 10.71 last night.
All 3 training partners heading to PARIS.

Hopefully Sha'Carri beat the Jamicians like she did at the World Championships. She is running with alot of confidence. Noah Lyles won the 100. Think he will have to run better in the Olympics to win. He needs to improve on his starts. He should be favored in the 200 though.
DiabloWags
Schroeder71 said:

Some of us are watching the T&F! Sha'Carri turns me off with her ego-centric personality. The men's team seems a bit uninspired and does not look good except for the three stud SP qualifiers for Paris. It's just getting started, however.

Uninspired?

You've got to be f-ing kidding me.
OBear073akaSMFan
Was hoping Sydney McLaughlin would run the 400 too but looks like she'll do the hurdles only & most likely the 4x400 relays. Gosh she looks so much like Anna Hall (hepthlon).
Schroeder71
DW-just my opinion but the heats were relatively boring. The women's events seem to have more drama/excitement. GO USA!
Cal Junkie
Keep an eye on 16 year-old High School sophomore Quincey Wilson, who just crushed a 44.66 400m in the quarter-finals, and followed that up with a 44.59 400m in the semis. Yes that is a world record for under-18, and this baby-faced kid is SIXTEEN and in the finals (Lane 2).
DiabloWags
Thank You Junkie!

I've never seen us so deep in the 400 with guys Ive never heard of. Quincy Wilson, Quincy Waters, and yes Michael Norman looks like he's back in great form!
DiabloWags
Thank You Junkie.

Wilson doesnt even have his driver's license yet!

I've never seen us so deep in the 400 with guys Ive never heard of. Quincy Wilson, Quincy Hall, and yes Michael Norman looks like he's back in great form! He ran a great turn last night.

Here's a good summary of Day #3

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/2024-us-olympic-track-and-field-trials-night-3-noah-lyles-headed-paris

DiabloWags
An action-packed night kicked-off with Grant Holloway running 12.92 in the first heat of the 110's
Fastest heat race every run at the trials.
Unreal.

DiabloWags
If there was ever a "lock" to make the Olympic Team, it was Athing Mu.
Just absolutely DEVASTATING!

US Olympic track and field trials: Quincy Wilson 6th, Anna Hall wins (usatoday.com)

89Bear
DiabloWags said:

If there was ever a "lock" to make the Olympic Team, it was Athing Mu.
Just absolutely DEVASTATING!

US Olympic track and field trials: Quincy Wilson 6th, Anna Hall wins (usatoday.com)

Brutal. All that training and effort...
OBear073akaSMFan
Definitely a bummer. Was looking forward to see her against British runner Keely Hodgkinson. Has her appeal been rejected?
DiabloWags
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Definitely a bummer. Was looking for to see her British runner Keely Hodgkinson. Has her appeal been rejected?

Yes, it was.

Honesty, I don't know what she was thinking.
She was in Lane 2 and running three abreast and in good position.

Didn't have to make any move whatsoever with plenty of track (and the far turn) ahead.
Instead, she SLOWS DOWN to move into Lane 1 and the runner behind her (Raevyn Rogers) couldnt react to her slowing in front of her like that and clipped her heels.

Hopefully, she'll make her way into the 4x400m Relay pool.

OBear073akaSMFan
DiabloWags said:

OBear073akaSMFan said:

Definitely a bummer. Was looking for to see her British runner Keely Hodgkinson. Has her appeal been rejected?

Yes, it was.

Darn it. Was looking forward to the 800 race and the women's 400h ..Mclaughlin vs Bols, and 100 Sha'carrie vs the Brazilians.
DiabloWags
Nice write up on Camryn Rogers in today's Sporting Green.
philbert
DiabloWags said:

Nice write up on Camryn Rogers in today's Sporting Green.

also....

Oski87
I am excited by a kid from Oakland who I coached in Soccer and football when he was younger, who finished second in the long jump and made the Olympic team. Graduating from Florida this year - Malcolm Clemons. He was by far my best weapon in both sports - throw it deep to Malcolm. Great family - his dad is an Oakland Fireman and he went to St Mary's.
Cal Junkie
Oski87 said:

I am excited by a kid from Oakland who I coached in Soccer and football when he was younger, who finished second in the long jump and made the Olympic team. Graduating from Florida this year - Malcolm Clemons. He was by far my best weapon in both sports - throw it deep to Malcolm. Great family - his dad is an Oakland Fireman and he went to St Mary's.
Neat stuff! His dad would know Cal alum Scott Gonsolin, also a jumper and sprinter. He, too was an Oakland fireman and his son (Tony Gonsolin) pitches for the LA Dodgers. We went panning for gold several months ago.
OBear073akaSMFan
I was disappointed he left SMBerkeley as a believe after is freshmen year but glad he has done well in Florida.
DiabloWags
Florida is a big time program and big in the jumps.
The young man made a great choice!
Oski87
OBear073akaSMFan said:

I was disappointed he left SMBerkeley as a believe after is freshmen year but glad he has done well in Florida.
He stayed for a couple of years but then went to IMG academy in Fla.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.