Softball: 4 recruits named All-State

1,253 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BearinOC
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.calhisports.com/2024/07/07/all-state-softball-2024-first-team/

First Team:
2024 Infielder Mia Phillips
2025 Pitcher Mya Mcgowan

Second Team:

2024 Pitcher Miranda De Nava
2024 Outfielder Kayli Counts

Mia Phillips (Hollister) Sr.

She was the top returning player from a Haybalers' squad in 2022 that won the CIF NorCal D1 title and was State Team of the Year. Phillips did her best in the attempt to repeat. She had more hits with 46, more RBI with 44 and she had four homers and four triples. The repeat all-state first team player will take her sweet swing and smooth glove to Berkeley in the fall where she will play for Cal.

Mya McGowan (Poway) Jr.

Our State Sophomore of the Year from last season is similar to Miali Guachino in that there are no published stats to back up a first team selection. She did pitch the Titans to their second straight CIF San Diego Section Open Division title and she has again been named to the All-San Diego Section team. Mya's batterymate, Sophia Burmeister, was the player of the year this season after she got it last season. We decided not to break them up. Mya, who also has been highly ranked as a college prospect for the Class of 2025, has been a Cal commit for more than a year.
Schroeder71
Three of the four will be in Berkeley this fall. Kayli Counts has a legit shot at starting in CF. Mia Phillips has the opportunity to win a middle infield job and improve the defense. Finally, Miranda Da Nava will be offered a job as a Cal starting pitcher.
Ccajon2
Great news. Would like to see one decent P who could give us 16-17 starts, maybe 100 IP with a 2.90 ERA out of the portal. Be nice if McDade/Orange is the one. If CS doesn't hit the portal for what I described, I'm assuming she has faith in the MdO duo.
CalFanatic
Ccajon2 said:

Great news. Would like to see one decent P who could give us 16-17 starts, maybe 100 IP with a 2.90 ERA out of the portal. Be nice if McDade/Orange is the one. If CS doesn't hit the portal for what I described, I'm assuming she has faith in the MdO duo.
I won't claim to know anything about the portal, although I heard a rumbling about a likely 2026 recruit.

However, i think Roelling's scholarship might've been used on the most recent commitment (Andrade). Just looking at the roster and the numbers. I could definitely be wrong.
Ccajon2
As for Canady, Texas Tech offered one mil. Patrick Mahomes is behind that NIL donation. TT never won a natty. Palo Alto >>>Lubbock ugh! Furds still in the running. And Cal exhausted all there $ on all those Hoop.and FB players to (try) to make a big splash in the ACC.

I got this off the Okie SB board: Canadys Dad is managing her. Coach had already met with her and the parents. Apparently the meeting didn't go well. Andrew Vaughn, Jason k, Tony G. Apparently had the $ ready, so its nice to see our alums ready to pony up
Apparently there is something available for coach Spencer to give to the right portal addition.

CalFanatic
We really just need our pitchers to be healthy next season. Reimers has looked good but struggled with injuries. McDade went a large portion of her initial season injured. Orange apparently played through an injury last season.

Get everyone healthy is priority #1. The offense will produce runs in mass next season.
BearinOC
Ccajon2 said:

"Canadys Dad is managing her. Coach had already met with her and the parents. Apparently the meeting didn't go well."

This does not surprise me at all. I have been told about the dad...

Unfortunately, a lot of the good players do not get picked up due to the parents' behaviors.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.