2019 Men's Swimming Recruiting

swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now that the new year has passed, I believe it is now time to look for recruits entering university fall of 2019.

(ps. a big time s/o to UAC for nominating me to start this thread, it's a really big honor to help out our fellow bear fans!)

We have the following seniors of 2019 to replace:
-Spencer Farrar
-Nick Norman
-Carson Sand
-Andrew Seliskar
-Ken Takahashi
-Mike Thomas

The big name to replace here is Andrew Seliskar, who was a triple A finalist at 2017 NCAA's.

However, there may already be an answer: Jake Foster, of the Mason Manta Rays (#1 OH, #3 Nat). A JNats champ, Jake excels in the breaststrokes and 400 IM, and brings along a nicely complimented 200 fly/relay freestyle events. This past fall (fall 2017), however, he has visited a number of our rival schools, including our friends 38.8 miles south of us, the Furd, Texas, Florida, and Cal with brother Carson (2020 recruit). If we can get Jake, then that will be a bridge to MMR 2020 recruits Carson, sprinter Adam Chaney, Jacob McDonald, and Ian Van Gorp. (okay, let's not get too ahead of ourselves )

Another recruit of interest is Brendan Burns, from the Upper Main Line YMCA (#1 PA, #2 Nat). Overall, he mostly has the same event lineup as Jake (see above), but adds a nice 500 free and backstroke to his repertoire.

However, an instate recruit I would really prefer to have would be Noah Brune, from MVN. He primarily swims distance, but I believe that recruiting him to Cal would help offset the loss from not being able to recruit 2018 USC commit Owen Kao from Irvine Novaquatics.
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://instagr.am/p/Bd06s0IHPy6
Carson w/ Ryan Murphy at the Pro Series in Austin...took third with a 2:00.73



Jake & Carson swimming the Mixed 200 IM, Jake got the dreaded free/back/fly/breast order & Carson won the event!
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some commitments for the 2019 season (7 already!)

Henry: "I am happy to announce my verbal commitment to continue by academic and athletic career at the University of Virginia! #GOHOOS"

CLASS OF 2019 HENRY SCHUTTE VERBALLY COMMITS TO VIRGINIA

http://instagr.am/p/BdBoSj5h6dF
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #33 Nat, #1 MI

Desorbo already making a huge difference at UVA, and especially with their great education, I won't be surprised to see many fast swimmers head over to Charlottesville.

-----

Julian: "So proud and stoked to announce my commitment to swim at Arizona State University! Many thanks to everyone who helped me along the way."

FLORIDA 4A CHAMPION JULIAN HILL VERBALLY COMMITS TO ASU FOR 2019-20


-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #17 Nat, #1 FL

Swims with Isabel, Caitlin, and Talia over at Gator Swim Club. Bowman recruiting quite a group over there in Arizona. Also considered Florida, Auburn, UVA, UNC, UGA, and Harvard.

-----

Sean: "I am excited to announce my verbal commitment to Tennessee class of 2023. I chose Tennessee because I love the team and the coaches and I feel it is a good fit academically. Go Vols!"

VISAA RECORD-HOLDER SEAN HOGAN DECLARES VERBAL TO TENNESSEE'S CLASS OF 2023


-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #57 Nat, #4 VA

-----

Noah: "So excited to announce that I have committed to swim at NC State in 2019! I am honored to be joining such great coaches and swimmers. Go Pack!"

NC STATE EARNS VERBAL FROM 3X NCHSAA 3A STATE CHAMP NOAH HENDERSON

http://instagr.am/p/BdnyO-nl_uu

-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #36 Nat, #3 NC

Some mentioned in some other thread that NC State has to go for internationals because it has trouble keeping in-state talent in-state, but looks like that may no longer be the case anymore!

-----

Tyler: ""I'm so proud to announce my commitment to further my swimming career at the University of Florida. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me along the way. Go Gators"

FHSAA 2A CHAMP TYLER WATSON VERBALLY COMMITS TO GATORS FOR 2019-20



-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #30 Nat, #3 FL

-----

Caspar: "When I was 11, I met Eddie in a Chipotle and asked for his autograph," Corbeau said. "From then on, I knew I wanted to be a Longhorn. I am very excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Texas class of 2019. Hook 'em!"

JUNIOR BREASTSTROKER CASPAR CORBEAU VERBALLY COMMITS TO TEXAS

http://instagr.am/p/Bd-rzb-AX_u
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #81 Nat, #3 OR

Horns finally getting more breaststroke talent, though he's from the Netherlands. Nothing in comparison with our #1 recruit Reece Whitley, though Do you even think Eddie will still be coaching in 2023?? He said he'd go up to 2020 at least so...
swan
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Local talent:

Russian national Andrei Minakov (birth year 2002) trains with Concord Terrapins. Current star for the Terrapins is USC commit Alexi Sancov, a very talented sprinter. Minakov would be a terrific replacement for Justin Lynch, as he already has swum a 46.59 100 fly and a 43.94 100 free.

Jonah Cooper, class of 2019 who swims with the Pleasanton Seahawks has a 100 back PB of 46.96 , 48.66 100 fly and 20.50 in the 50 free.

Calvin David, a 2019 class teammate of Cooper, has very impressive distance times; 15:12.84 in the 1650 free and 4:21.66 in the 500 free. He would be a great addition to our distance group.

Class of 2020 recruit Gianluca Urlando swims with Matt Whittle's club team, the Davis Aquadarts and is a top recruit in his class, sporting PBs of 47.62 and 47.36 in the 100 back and fly respectfully.

South Bay sophomore Ethan Hu is another highly rated 2020 recruit who raced to a PB of 47.14 in the 100 fly this past Nov.


swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another one!

https://swimswam.com/nj-distance-freestyler-josh-cohen-sends-verbal-georgia-tech-2019-20/?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hmmm, looks like the 'horns are on the Fosters' shortlist:

http://instagr.am/p/Bd8IMz_gE6f

Pic was posted by our fellow friend Michael Andrew, professional swimmer, but we can see him, some of the Texas men's team, and the Fosters (Jake and Carson).
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmer19 said:

Hmmm, looks like the 'horns are on the Fosters' shortlist:

Pic was posted by our fellow friend Michael Andrew, professional swimmer, but we can see him, some of the Texas men's team, and the Fosters (Jake and Carson).

Keep in mind that the Fosters are keeping their options open lol - see below (from the 2018 Women's recruits thread):

UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:

-------

Official Visits - Weekend #2

-------

http://instagr.am/p/BZHyw45hJWf
In addition to commits Trey Freeman (#1), Kieran Smith (#9), Miguel Cancel (#60), Dillon Hillis (#75) & Will Davis (#134) above, looks like Florida's also trying to woo the #1 2019 & 2020 recruits, siblings Jake & Carson Foster.

-------

swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:

swimmer19 said:

Hmmm, looks like the 'horns are on the Fosters' shortlist:

Pic was posted by our fellow friend Michael Andrew, professional swimmer, but we can see him, some of the Texas men's team, and the Fosters (Jake and Carson).

Keep in mind that the Fosters are keeping their options open lol - see below (from the 2018 Women's recruits thread):

UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:

-------

Official Visits - Weekend #2

-------

http://instagr.am/p/BZHyw45hJWf
In addition to commits Trey Freeman (#1), Kieran Smith (#9), Miguel Cancel (#60), Dillon Hillis (#75) & Will Davis (#134) above, looks like Florida's also trying to woo the #1 2019 & 2020 recruits, siblings Jake & Carson Foster.

-------


They truly do have a wide variety of options:

Jake with UMich 2018 commit Patrick Callan: http://instagr.am/p/BZ_MqBeHQXt

The bros down south (2nd pic):
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

More recent recruits:

Jack: "I chose the University of Virginia for its unmatched academic prowess, outstanding team camaraderie, and the energy that Todd DeSorbo and his staff bring to the pool deck. WA-HOO-WA!"

UVA SECURES VERBAL COMMITMENT FROM NC 4A STATE CHAMP JACK WALKER FOR 2019-20


http://instagr.am/p/BeRkCG6lC0P
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #8 Nat, #2 NC

Walker boasts some impressive times, esp. his 1:33.7 200 free. UVA on the rise.

-----

Peter: "I'm very proud and excited to announce my verbal commitment to join my brother and the Longhorn family at the University of Texas to study and swim. Hook 'em!!! #HornsUp"

HS JUNIOR PETER LARSON VERBALLY COMMITS TO JOIN BROTHER JOHNTHOMAS AT TEXAS

http://instagr.am/p/BeOIkZflD1q
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #25 Nat, #1 MN

-----

Max: "I chose UVA because it has a history of excellence in both academics and athletics. I know I can achieve my goals with support from great coaches and teammates. I can't wait to get to Charlottesville and be a part of the UVA swimming family. Go HOOS!!"

MAX EDWARDS ANNOUNCES COMMITMENT TO VIRGINIA FOR 2019-20




-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #94 Nat, #4 NC

-----

Jace: "I'm super excited to announce that I will be continuing my academic and swimming career at the Arizona State University under Bob Bowman! Go Devils!"

JACE BROWN GIVES ASU MEN THEIR 3RD VERBAL COMMITMENT FOR 2019-20

-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #90 Nat, #4 TX
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Another recruit from North Carolina we should consider is Ross Dant (#5 Nat, #1 NC), who would greatly help our distance group, especially since a lot of the people in the '19 class are distance guys. However, he recently visited ASU:

http://instagr.am/p/BeRCu5CgVwz

He also visited NC State with Noah Henderson (committed to NC State) and Jack Walker (committed to UVA):

http://instagr.am/p/BZ4xF_rDtVU
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearz012 said:

Another recruit from North Carolina we should consider is Ross Dant (#5 Nat, #1 NC), who would greatly help our distance group, especially since a lot of the people in the '19 class are distance guys. However, he recently visited ASU:

http://instagr.am/p/BeRCu5CgVwz

He also visited NC State with Noah Henderson (committed to NC State) and Jack Walker (committed to UVA):

http://instagr.am/p/BZ4xF_rDtVU
Not to mention, he took a trip to Todd Desorbo and squad at UVA:

http://instagr.am/p/Bd9D2c1g1qt
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Another recruit from North Carolina we should consider is Ross Dant (#5 Nat, #1 NC), who would greatly help our distance group, especially since a lot of the people in the '19 class are distance guys. However, he recently visited ASU, and he also visited NC State with Noah Henderson (committed to NC State) and Jack Walker (committed to UVA):
Might be a stretch to get Ross:

http://instagr.am/p/BKeqgVyD2ZW
http://instagr.am/p/BMmBRApDgjY


bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmer19 said:

Another recruit of interest is Brendan Burns, from the Upper Main Line YMCA (#1 PA, #2 Nat). Overall, he mostly has the same event lineup as Jake (see above), but adds a nice 500 free and backstroke to his repertoire.
http://instagr.am/p/BYkElvLD8VM
Pictured w/ Alex Boratto (Furd commit), Reece Whitley (Cal commit), and Destin Lasco (2020 recruit #1 Nat, #1 NJ)

http://instagr.am/p/BahrU97BMGL
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearz012 said:

Another recruit from North Carolina we should consider is Ross Dant (#5 Nat, #1 NC), who would greatly help our distance group, especially since a lot of the people in the '19 class are distance guys.

He also visited NC State with Noah Henderson (committed to NC State) and Jack Walker (committed to UVA):

http://instagr.am/p/BZ4xF_rDtVU

Ross: "I am very excited to announce my verbal commitment to NC State University!! Thank you to all the people that have helped me get to this point!! #PBG"

NATIONAL JUNIOR TEAMER ROSS DANT SENDS VERBAL TO IN-STATE NC STATE FOR 2019-20

http://instagr.am/p/BebRnv8Ao5m
-----

CS ranking: #5 Nat, #1 NC

NC State is starting to form an impressive class. Would've been a great addition to our distance group but I also knew it would be a stretch to get him. Verbals coming earlier and earlier, too.
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

swan said:

Local talent:

Calvin David, a 2019 class teammate of Cooper, has very impressive distance times; 15:12.84 in the 1650 free and 4:21.66 in the 500 free. He would be a great addition to our distance group.

Welcome Calvin to the Bear family - nice get for Cal!

---------

Calvin David: "I'm very excited to announce that I have verbally committed to UC Berkeley to continue my academic and swimming career. I have always dreamed of going to Cal, and now, thanks to the support from my teammates, friends, family, and coaches, that is possible! Go Bears!"



---------

#15 Nat, #1 CA (Pleasanton Seahawks)

https://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/418585/

---------
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
UrsusArctosCalifornicus said:


Welcome Calvin to the Bear family - big get for Cal!

http://instagr.am/p/Be9bMTVh0DQ

#15 Nat, #1 CA (Pleasanton Seahawks)

https://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/418585/
Yay!! Welcome to Cal, Calvin!

Now all we have is to reel in his club teammates (PLS), 2019's Jonah Cooper, and Miranda Heckman on the womens' side!
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmer19 said:

Yay!! Welcome to Cal, Calvin!

Now all we have is to reel in his club teammates (PLS), 2019's Jonah Cooper, and Miranda Heckman on the womens' side!

Yup, Jonah & Miranda would naturally be warmly welcomed here!

Anyway, "Cal coming to Cal" does have a nice ring to it, dunnit?

Now reported via SwimSwam:

CA STATE RECORD-HOLDER CALVIN DAVID HANDS CAL BEARS THEIR FIRST VERBAL FOR 2019-20

Pleasanton, California's Calvin David has given the University of California, Berkeley men's team its first verbal commitment from the high school class of 2019. David swims for the Pleasanton Seahawks and Foothill High School in Pleasanton.

"I'm very excited to announce that I have verbally committed to UC Berkeley to continue my academic and swimming career. I have always dreamed of going to Cal, and now, thanks to the support from my teammates, friends, family, and coaches, that is possible! Go Bears!"

David is a mid-distance and distance freestyler in the Pleasanton Seahawks tradition. While not as well-known as Maxime Rooney and Lleyton Plattel, he has already made a name for himself in California swimming. As a sophomore at last spring's CIF State Championships, David set the state meet record in the 500 free with his winning time of 4:21.66. He also placed 10th in the 200 free with 1:38.31. In club swimming last summer he was a top-24 finalist in the 200 free, 400 free, and 1500 free at U.S. Open. Similarly, he placed 11th in the 1650, 16th in the 500, and 24th in the 200 free at 2017 Winter Nationals.

David will bring fresh legs to the Bears' distance free program, replacing Ryan Kao, Nick Norman, and Ken Takahashi, all of whom will have graduated by the time he makes the 40-minute trek from Pleasanton to Berkeley. He will join Sean Grieshop and Shane Forker in the Cal distance group, where he will have immediate impact: David would have finished in the top 8 in the 1650 free at 2017 Pac-12 Championships. He also would have scored in the B final of the 500 free and the C final of the 200 free.

Top SCY times:
  • 200 free 1:38.31
  • 500 free 4:21.66
  • 1000 free 9:14.37
  • 1650 free 15:12.84
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
After Madelyn Donohoe's commit to the Wahoos earlier on the women's side, the "number one" recruit has committed... to the horns....

http://instagr.am/p/BfY7w2cn548

CS ranking as of verbal: #4 Nat, #1 OH

[url=https://www.collegeswimming.com/swimmer/449647/][/url]Jake Foster would have been the perfect replacement for Andrew Seliskar, as they excel in mostly the same events.

Our second goal should be to get Jonah Cooper, teammate of the already committed Calvin David
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Will: "I am beyond excited to announce that I will be continuing my swimming and academic careers at the University of California Berkeley! A special thanks to my family, close friends, and coaches for helping me get to this point in my Career #GoBears"

WILL PELTON CONTINUES FAMILY LEGACY WITH VERBAL COMMITMENT TO CAL



-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #155 Nat, #4 MD
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearz012 said:


Will: "I am beyond excited to announce that I will be continuing my swimming and academic careers at the University of California Berkeley! A special thanks to my family, close friends, and coaches for helping me get to this point in my Career #GoBears"

WILL PELTON CONTINUES FAMILY LEGACY WITH VERBAL COMMITMENT TO CAL



-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #155 Nat, #4 MD



Yay, a beary warm welcome to the Bear fam, Will - you're going to love it so much here, just like big sis Lizzie did!
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hey now I don't think this is going to make Dave too happy... Carson Foster to Texas:

http://instagr.am/p/BgCU912AfQF

Committing as a sophomore is apparently a new trend now...
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Carson: "I'm so proud to announce my verbal commitment to swim for the University of Texas! So thankful for my family, coaches, and friends who have helped me get to where I am today! Can't wait to be a part of such a great team, culture, and history! HOOK'EM #UT2024"

THE OTHER SHOE DROPS: CARSON FOSTER MAKES VERBAL COMMITMENT TO TEXAS


-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #2 Nat, #1 OH

Okay, this is astonishingly early. I knew that once Jake committed, Texas would automatically have a higher chance than we did, but he considers Ryan Murphy one of his idols...
http://instagr.am/p/Bd06s0IHPy6

donned some Cal gear...
http://instagr.am/p/Bb5v2sDnFLl

and roomed with Reece at Jr Worlds. It's scary to realize that this is the second verbal of 2020 (Will Rose verbaled to ASU in late 2017...) Will Eddie even be there in 2024? I know he'll probably stay until 2020, but 2024 seems like a stretch. Plus, Eddie's 2016 class is probably one of his worst (no offense) in years (probably ran out of $$ from their 2015 class), so if he gets even more heavy-hitters in that year, that'll be extremely surprising.

I guess if sophomores are now committing, we should be seeing Alex Walsh's commitment rather soon (just kidding lol)
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmer19 said:

Hey now I don't think this is going to make Dave too happy... Carson Foster to Texas:

Carson is currently the #2 ranked 2020 recruit in the country, will be joining his brother Jake (2019 #5) on the Horns squad. Their sister Hannah (2018 #92) will be going to UT, but it's Tennessee rather than Texas in her case.


swimmer19 said:

Committing as a sophomore is apparently a new trend now...
bearz012 said:

I guess if sophomores are now committing, we should be seeing Alex Walsh's commitment rather soon (just kidding lol)

Why stop @ Walsh major - hey Gretchen, it's alright, you can freely announce your college of choice now as a HS freshman (well as long as it's Cal, naturally)...oh, Bears will also very warmly welcome you, Regan Smith, to the fold... lol
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Noah: "I'm so pumped and proud to announce my verbal commitment to continue swimming and studying at the University of Michigan for the class of 2023! I want to thank everyone who has helped me along the way and pushed to achieve this goal! Go Blue!"

BACKSTROKER NOAH YARIAN MAKES VERBAL COMMITMENT TO MICHIGAN



CS ranking as of verbal: #70 Nat, #1 IN

-----

Topher: "I am extremely excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Notre Dame. The team atmosphere is unmatched and I feel that I can excel not only at the athletic level, but also the academic. Go Irish!"

3X IHSA CHAMPION TOPHER STENSBY VERBALS TO NOTRE DAME FOR 2019-20



CS ranking as of verbal: #26 Nat, #1 IL

-----

Paul: "Super proud to be announcing my verbal commitment to swim at the University of Texas. Hook' em!"

BOLLES SCHOOL'S PAUL DEGRADO VERBALLY COMMITS TO TEXAS



CS ranking as of verbal: #71 Nat, #5 FL

-----

Noah: "I'm super excited to announce my verbal commitment to swim for NC State! Thank you to everyone who has helped me along the way. I can't wait to be a part of such a great team and swim under some of the best coaches!"

3X VSHL 5A CHAMP NOAH BOWERS VERBALLY COMMITS TO NC STATE



CS ranking as of verbal: #7 Nat, #1 VA

Wow, NC State just took a VA swimmer !
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
-----




Sounds massively suspicious, cos:

1) CS ranking as of verbal: #1,000+ Nat, #523 PA

But even more dodgy is this, from his commitment statement:

2) Jonathan Manning: "Stanford is cool"...

But heck, it's a slow day for swim news, with the Men's 2018 NCAAs not scheduled to get underway until Wed eve., so thought I'd just report this for some laughs haha


-----
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Jack: "I'm excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Virginia! So thankful for all my family, coaches, and teammates who have helped me get to where I am today. I can't wait to be part of such an exciting program at an amazing university! #WAHOOWA"

JACK WRIGHT ADDS VERBAL COMMITMENT TO VIRGINIA'S BUDDING CLASS OF 2023

http://instagr.am/p/Bg4iuzoDNVv

-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #15 Nat, #2 PA

Yeah, Desorbo can recruit. So could Augie (for the women, at least). Let's see if he can develop more than he has this year. You can talk, but can you walk the talk? Promising recruit.
jimrude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jimrude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearz012 said:

Some commitments for the 2019 season (7 already!)

Henry: "I am happy to announce my verbal commitment to continue by academic and athletic career at the University of Virginia! #GOHOOS"

CLASS OF 2019 HENRY SCHUTTE VERBALLY COMMITS TO VIRGINIA

http://instagr.am/p/BdBoSj5h6dF
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #33 Nat, #1 MI

Desorbo already making a huge difference at UVA, and especially with their great education, I won't be surprised to see many fast swimmers head over to Charlottesville.

-----

Julian: "So proud and stoked to announce my commitment to swim at Arizona State University! Many thanks to everyone who helped me along the way."

FLORIDA 4A CHAMPION JULIAN HILL VERBALLY COMMITS TO ASU FOR 2019-20


-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #17 Nat, #1 FL

Swims with Isabel, Caitlin, and Talia over at Gator Swim Club. Bowman recruiting quite a group over there in Arizona. Also considered Florida, Auburn, UVA, UNC, UGA, and Harvard.

-----

Sean: "I am excited to announce my verbal commitment to Tennessee class of 2023. I chose Tennessee because I love the team and the coaches and I feel it is a good fit academically. Go Vols!"

VISAA RECORD-HOLDER SEAN HOGAN DECLARES VERBAL TO TENNESSEE'S CLASS OF 2023


-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #57 Nat, #4 VA

-----

Noah: "So excited to announce that I have committed to swim at NC State in 2019! I am honored to be joining such great coaches and swimmers. Go Pack!"

NC STATE EARNS VERBAL FROM 3X NCHSAA 3A STATE CHAMP NOAH HENDERSON

http://instagr.am/p/BdnyO-nl_uu

-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #36 Nat, #3 NC

Some mentioned in some other thread that NC State has to go for internationals because it has trouble keeping in-state talent in-state, but looks like that may no longer be the case anymore!

-----

Tyler: ""I'm so proud to announce my commitment to further my swimming career at the University of Florida. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped me along the way. Go Gators"

FHSAA 2A CHAMP TYLER WATSON VERBALLY COMMITS TO GATORS FOR 2019-20



-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #30 Nat, #3 FL

-----

Caspar: "When I was 11, I met Eddie in a Chipotle and asked for his autograph," Corbeau said. "From then on, I knew I wanted to be a Longhorn. I am very excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Texas class of 2019. Hook 'em!"

JUNIOR BREASTSTROKER CASPAR CORBEAU VERBALLY COMMITS TO TEXAS

http://instagr.am/p/Bd-rzb-AX_u
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #81 Nat, #3 OR

Horns finally getting more breaststroke talent, though he's from the Netherlands. Nothing in comparison with our #1 recruit Reece Whitley, though Do you even think Eddie will still be coaching in 2023?? He said he'd go up to 2020 at least so...

This kid is now the 5th ranked recruit in the class of 2019, courtesy of collegeswimming.com.

At the Speedo Sectionals in Federal Way, WA earlier this month, he went:

50 free: 20.14
100 free: 43.78
100 breast: 53.42
200 breast: 1:55.97

Source: am dad, and Cal grad
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jimrude said:


bearz012 said:

Some commitments for the 2019 season (7 already!)

-----

Caspar: "When I was 11, I met Eddie in a Chipotle and asked for his autograph," Corbeau said. "From then on, I knew I wanted to be a Longhorn. I am very excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Texas class of 2019. Hook 'em!"

JUNIOR BREASTSTROKER CASPAR CORBEAU VERBALLY COMMITS TO TEXAS

http://instagr.am/p/Bd-rzb-AX_u
-----

CS ranking as of verbal: #81 Nat, #3 OR

Horns finally getting more breaststroke talent


This kid is now the 5th ranked recruit in the class of 2019, courtesy of collegeswimming.com.

At the Speedo Sectionals in Federal Way, WA earlier this month, he went:

50 free: 20.14
100 free: 43.78
100 breast: 53.42
200 breast: 1:55.97

Source: am dad, and Cal grad

Very, very impressive time drops & staggering improvement curve for Caspar to shoot up from #81 to #5, wow!!!

I mean, his 200 BR an eye-popping 4 seconds swifter than the former PB of 1:59.93 from March 2017 ... almost 2 secs faster than his 100 BR lifetime best from just Jan of this year ... 1+ sec drop in his 100 FR (prev PR = 44.85 from a relay leadioff in March 2017) ...

Massive congrats to your talented son, the Horns are so lucky getting such an athletic stud as well a fine young man - you must be a proud parent indeed! (even if as a bearent, considering that he's going over to our main swim rival lol )


swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://instagr.am/p/Bg6pM8vF_VN
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sean: "Proud and excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Virginia! Could'n't have gotten here without the support of my family, coaches, teachers, and teammates. I can't wait to be part of such an awesome program! Go Hoos!

5X VHSL4A CHAMP SEAN CONWAY ELECTS TO REMAIN IN-STATE; VERBALS TO CAVS

http://instagr.am/p/Bg6pM8vF_VN

CS ranking as of verbal: #8 Nat, #2 VA

-----

Daniel: "Thrilled to announce my verbal commitment to swim at The University of Virginia! Very grateful for my family, coaches, and teammates who have helped me on this journey. The best is yet to come. Go Hoos!"

HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN DANIEL GYENIS VERBALLY COMMITS TO UVA



CS ranking as of verbal: #63 Nat, #4 VA

-----

Gavin: "I am very excited to announce my verbal commitment to the University of Minnesota! When I think about my future goals and aspirations for swimming, I believe the University of Minnesota's swim program is exactly what I am looking for. The integrity of the program and coaching staff is something I can't wait to be apart of. Go Gophers!"

COLORADO 5A BACKSTROKE CHAMP GAVIN OLSON VERBALLY COMMITS TO MINNESOTA



CS ranking as of verbal: #45 Nat, #1 CO

-----

Jacob: "I am so incredibly blessed to announce my verbal commitment to continue my academic and swimming career at Indiana University! Thank you to everyone who has helped me get to this point" #Never-Daunted#HoosierDaddy"

INDIANA MEN GET 1ST VERBAL TO CLASS OF 2023 FROM BACKSTROKER JAKE MARCUM



CS ranking as of verbal: #197 Nat, #3 TN
swimmer19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HIGH SCHOOL ALL-AMERICAN DANIEL GYENIS VERBALLY COMMITS TO UVA



Daniel: "Thrilled to announce my verbal commitment to swim at The University of Virginia! Very grateful for my family, coaches, and teammates who have helped me on this journey. The best is yet to come. Go Hoos!"

Oak Hill, Virginia-native Daniel Gyenis has verbally committed to swim at University of Virginia starting in the fall of 2019. He will join Henry Schutte, Jack Walker, Jack Wright, Max Edwards, and Sean Conway in the class of 2023.

A NISCA All-American and USA Swimming Scholastic All-American, Gyenis is a junior at Oakton High School and swims for Machine Aquatics. He is the VHSL 6A Northern Region champion in the 200 free (1:38.42, a school record), 500 free (4:27.00) and 200 medley relay (22.19 fly split), and the VHSL 6A state champ in the 200 medley relay. In addition to the medley relay win at the 2018 VHSL Class 6 Swim & Dive Championships in February, he was runner-up in the 500 free, took third in the 200 free and led off the fourth-place 400 free relay (46.05).

In club swimming, Gyenis won the Fran Crippen Memorial Mile (15:26.45) at the NCAP Tom Dolan Invitational in December. He competed at the 2018 NCSA Spring Championship in March, placing 7th in the 1000 free with a PB of 9:13.85; he was 16th in the 500 free and 24th in the 200 free.

Best times:
  • 100 free 46.05
  • 200 free 1:38.42
  • 500 free 4:27.00
  • 1000 free 9:13.85
  • 1650 free 15:26.45
  • 200 IM 1:51.97
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I thought I'd make a compliation of all the early commitments so far. All ranking are as of 4/9/18.

CAL
- 2/8/18: Calvin David (#15 Nat, #1 CA) => (#22 Nat, #1 CA)
- 2/19/18: Will Pelton (#155 Nat, #4 MD) => (#180 Nat, #5 MD)

VIRGINIA
- 12/22/17: Henry Schutte (#33 Nat, #1 MI) => (#34 Nat, #1 MI)
- 1/22/18: Jack Walker (#8 Nat, #2 NC) => (#13 Nat, #2 NC)
- 1/31/18: Max Edwards (#94 Nat, #4 NC) => (#86 Nat, #4 NC)
- 3/28/18: Jack Wright (#15 Nat, #2 PA) => (#15 Nat, #2 PA)
- 3/29/18: Sean Conway (#8 Nat, #2 VA) => (#9 Nat, #2 VA)
- 4/5/18: Daniel Gyenis (#63 Nat, #4 VA) => (#64 Nat, #4 VA)

TEXAS
- 1/15/18: Caspar Corbeau (#81 Nat, #3 OR) => (#6 Nat, #1 OR)
- 1/21/18: Peter Larson (#25 Nat, #1 MN) => (#18 Nat, #1 MN)
- 2/19/18: Jake Foster (#4 Nat, #1 OH) => (#4 Nat, #1 OH)
- 3/19/18: Paul Degrado (#71 Nat, #5 FL) => (#71 Nat, #5 FL)

NC STATE
- 1/6/18: Noah Henderson (#36 Nat, #3 NC) => (#41 Nat, #3 NC)
- 1/26/18: Ross Dant (#5 Nat, #1 NC) => (#5 Nat, #1 NC)
- 3/26/18: Noah Bowers (#7 Nat, #1 VA) => (#7 Nat, #1 VA)

ARIZONA STATE
- 12/27/17: Julian Hill (#17 Nat, #1 FL) => (#32 Nat, #2 FL)
- 2/5/18: Jace Brown (#90 Nat, #4 TX) => (#71 Nat, #2 TX)

NOTRE DAME
- 3/18/18: Topher Stensby (#26 Nat, #1 IL) => (#28 Nat, #1 IL)

MINNESOTA
- 4/8/18: Gavin Olson (#45 Nat, #1 CO) => (#45 Nat, #1 CO)

FLORIDA
- 1/15/18: Tyler Watson (#30 Nat, #3 FL) => (#53 Nat, #3 FL)

TENNESSEE
- 1/5/18: Sean Hogan (#57 Nat, #4 VA) => (#67 Nat, #5 VA)

MICHIGAN
- 3/18/18: Noah Yarian (#70 Nat, #1 IN) => (#74 Nat, #1 IN)

INDIANA
- 3/8/18: Jake Marcum (#197 Nat, #3 TN) => (#197 Nat, #3 TN)
bearz012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
swimmer19 said:

Now all we have is to reel in his club teammates (PLS), 2019's Jonah Cooper, and Miranda Heckman on the womens' side!
swan said:

Jonah Cooper, class of 2019 who swims with the Pleasanton Seahawks has a 100 back PB of 46.96 ,
Jonah: "I am humbled and incredibly thankful to have verbally committed to swim and study medicine with THE Ohio State University! I am honored to have the opportunity to achieve my goals of becoming a nurse at a World Class cutting edge medical center, and train at a D1 school. My family has grown, and I will join my new brothers and sisters in the Fall of 2019. I was impressed with the improvement seen in every team member, and the great results achieved by their new coaching staff lead by Bill Dorenkott, Matt Bowe, Mike Hulme, Jordan Wolfrun and Bryon Tansel. This outstanding new coaching staff and team atmosphere, provide a very comfortable and thriving environment. The medical facility is world class and I cannot wait to be a Buckeye!"

CA RECORD-HOLDER JONAH COOPER VERBALLY COMMITS TO OHIO STATE BUCKEYES



CS ranking as of verbal: #26 Nat, #3 CA

-----

Hunter: "I'm very excited to announce my commitment to North Carolina State University to further my academic and athletic careers. Thanks to my parents and coaches for helping me every step of the way. I'm very excited to join the Wolfpack Family! #GoPack"

KHSAA RECORD-HOLDER HUNTER TAPP ANNOUNCES VERBAL TO NC STATE


CS ranking as of verbal: #52 Nat, #3 KY

-----
UrsusArctosCalifornicus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
-----


John Nichols => Bears?



CS ranking as of verbal: #1000+ Nat, #32 GA (for the Class of 2020!)


-----
Page 1 of 3
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.