Beach Volleyball

3,436 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PalyBear
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Went to my first cal beach VB match today
Bears playing SJ State (and Pacific later)

Considering we don't have a beach to play on, it was a beautiful setting among the trees, although the facilities are poor. Wish we had a little funds to improve them to at least a minimal level

I'll try to attend more matches as the team deserves the support
HoopDreams
http://calbears.com/news/2018/2/22/a-cal-beach-volleyball-blog-by-madison-dueck.aspx
oskigobears
I expect Cal to move further up the rankings after this weekends matches in socal.
GO BEARS!
HoopDreams
Lost to SC, swept UW

Those LA schools have a huge recruiting advantage
socaliganbear
They're getting new facilities.
socaliganbear
And they just knocked off #11 Arizona.
HoopDreams
socaliganbear said:

that's great ... will it be in the same location (which I thought was really nice in the trees)?
it's just the surrounding facilities were non-existent

any more info on what they are planning?

And yes, I saw they beat a very good AZ team
socaliganbear
HoopDreams said:

socaliganbear said:

that's great ... will it be in the same location (which I thought was really nice in the trees)?

I assume it's the same area. They're getting NCAA compliant facilities, which means seating, bathrooms, new courts, team space, showers, scoreboard etc. My guess it will be something basic like what USC built. The setting should still be spectacular.
HoopDreams
socaliganbear said:

HoopDreams said:

socaliganbear said:

I assume it's the same area. They're getting NCAA compliant facilities, which means seating, bathrooms, new courts, team space, showers, scoreboard etc. My guess it will be something basic like what USC built. The setting should still be spectacular.

We don't need a palace, and again, the location is beautiful ... too bad most of the season takes place in the winter, but on a nice spring day there are few better places to watch a match

if you hear any updates, please let us know. thanks!
HoopDreams
manhattan beach is beautiful. one of the nicest beaches in LA.
interesting how it was so windy which of course is a big factor in beach VB, but they were able to adjust to it

http://calbears.com/news/2018/2/22/a-cal-beach-volleyball-blog-by-madison-dueck.aspx

UrsusArctosCalifornicus

socaliganbear said:

And they just knocked off #11 Arizona.

Cal Beach Volleyball earned biggest win in program history over No.11 Arizona

By Ruey Yen@YRueyYen Mar 30, 2018, 6:49am PDT

Golden Bears competed against a few of the very best teams in the nation, which also happens to be in the Pac-12: Conference of Champions, last weekend from Santa Monica. Against the defending champs, USC, Bears lost a very narrow 3-2 decision. Bears then bounced back to sweep Washington 5-0. The strength for the Bears come from the improved depth this year. Bears won on both courts 4 and 5 against the Trojans with court 3 being the next closest result.

In the 2nd day of action, Bears got swept 5-0 by UCLA although many sets were quite close. In the 2nd meet of the day and 4th in the two day tournament, the Golden Bears made some history by beating No.11 Arizona 4-1, recording the biggest win thus far in the short history of the Beach Volleyball program.

Thanks to this win, Bears (13-3, 2-1 in Pac-12) have ascended two spots in the rankings to become the No.14 team in the nation.

Bears will host USF today (Friday) before going down to Tucson for the Wildcat Invitational next weekend where the volleyball action will be on the Pac-12 Networks.

---------

Cal Beach Volleyball: Mirkovic-Inman close out the second set, 21-16. The No. 14 Bears don't drop a set in a sweep over USF! #CalBeachVball #GoBears

---------
socaliganbear
Lost to UW recently, but just knocked off #4 USC. Is this there first victory over LA?

UrsusArctosCalifornicus

CAMPBELL-MICHELETTI NAMED PAIR OF THE WEEK

UrsusArctosCalifornicus

NO. 12 BEARS KEEP SEASON ALIVE AT PAC-12S

Maddie Micheletti (33) and Grace Campbell helped the Bears beat Arizona with a win on the No. 5 court.

PalyBear
Bears beat UDub 3-2 to advance to play USC in losers' bracket. Winner of this plays UCLA for Pac12 championship. Cal lost to USC earlier in the tournament 1-4. Go Bears!

https://twitter.com/calbeachvball?lang=en
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.