Cal softball looking for a pitching coach

5,055 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by calfan2011
calfan2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Assistant Coach, Softball - Pitching Coach with University of California, Berkeley in Berkeley, CA

The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of more than 275 staff members and coaches and sponsors 30 varsity sports programs. These 30 programs include more than 850 student-athletes who participate in the various sports programs annually within the National Collegiate Athletics Association (NCAA). We are currently seeking a full-time Assistant Coach Pitching Coach for our Softball program.

OBear073akaSMFan
Wow .... great find! Though I thought a pitching coach was the least of our problem.
59bear
Damn! D'Arcy was our best addition in recent years.
SFCALBear72
I guess that means Coach Ninemire is sticking around. I wonder if she and her staff have had their meeting with AD Knowlton yet. He's meeting with all the coaching staffs.

Where's the hitting coach job posting?
CalFanatic
Ninemire needs to go. Not D'arcy. Crazy to think the NFOY (and former Cal commit!) had almost as many home runs as the entire Cal team!! Great hitters come to die here at Cal. So sad. The young women deserve so much more.
OBear073akaSMFan
SFCALBear72 said:

I guess that means Coach Ninemire is sticking around. I wonder if she and her staff have had their meeting with AD Knowlton yet. He's meeting with all the coaching staffs.

Where's the hitting coach job posting?

There is a link on the first thread. Also checked out the softball roster and D'Arcy's name is already gone. Unfortunately coach N and coach L are still listed.
CalFanatic
Also...Fillmore has left Cal and is headed to Boise State
philbert
How much longer is Ninemire under contract?
CalFanatic
Hopefully not much longer. We might literally be last in conference next year even with two amazing pitchers. People even agree on the USC Robocoach forum... it is time to #FIRENINEMIRE. Our student athletes deserve so much better!
Schroeder71
I concur that Cal will barely be able to score next season. The Bears were supposed to return three of their top five hitters in Lindsay Rood, Mickey Coelho & Bradie Fillmore. W/o Fillmore, the offense will struggle mightily.

It's official-Fillmore is now a Bronco of Boise State:
http://broncosports.cstv.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/060518aab.html

Why did Fillmore depart? Did she struggle academically, did she want to pitch or did she long for Idaho? The incoming 2018 recruit class doesn't look like much...The class of 2019 & 2020 appear to possess more potential.
Btw, SS Nicole Hammoude of Bishop O'Dowd is listed as a junior in Max Preps. She was originally listed as the 2020 class but that would make her be part of 2019 group of eight recruits.

I would suggest with Makenna Smith, a right-handed hitting catcher, coming in to platoon with lefty Lauren Espalin-that Ninemire move Marcella Kay to another position, possibly RF. She's a scrappy hitter.
SFCALBear72
CalFanatic said:

Hopefully not much longer. We might literally be last in conference next year even with two amazing pitchers. People even agree on the USC Robocoach forum... it is time to #FIRENINEMIRE. Our student athletes deserve so much better!
I disagree with firing her. With 30 years of accomplishments at Cal, I believe Coach Ninemire deserves (and has earned) the dignity of being asked to step aside/"voluntarily" resign for the good of the program.
socaliganbear
SFCALBear72 said:

CalFanatic said:

I disagree with firing her. With 30 years of accomplishments at Cal, I believe Coach Ninemire deserves (and has earned) the dignity of being asked to step aside/"voluntarily" resign for the good of the program.

That's just a nicer firing...
GATC
SFCALBear72 said:

CalFanatic said:

Sounds like a plan. With D'arcy leaving and Fillmore transferring, it is time. I stopped following softball this year after being a big fan for years. Love the players.
CalFanatic
Did you all know that one of the GREATEST hitting coaches to ever live in the Bay Area once offered their services to Ninemire? Respected, loved by all, and had many girls attend Cal.

Ninemire turned the offer down because obviously, she knows best. She is the hitting guru.
SFCALBear72
socaliganbear said:

SFCALBear72 said:

CalFanatic said:

That's just a nicer firing...
Yes, it is. "Strong encouragement" from the new AD to think about where she'd like to retire.
SFCALBear72
So, how do we get this started?
calfan2011
I don't think Phil would've done the batting. He was pretty busy. He did help the Sorcerer women. One of the best until the very end. Great guy. I will miss him.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.