CAL 10 USF 8 in Baseball

1,519 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by 63Gaucho
calbearinamaze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With so much emphasis on the "Olympic Sports" part....that's fun but ....there
doesn't seem to be a critical core interested in Baseball.

Andrew Vaughan was national player of the year as a soph, and isn't slowing down
B-Mac is going back and forth between baseball and football.
Dusty Baker's son plays second base
Elvis is in the building

There are some good story lines.

GO BEARS!!!!
OBear073akaSMFan
With Vaughn, maybe Flower and Lee leaving after Jr season, Elvis could be the rising star of the team next year. Glad they moved Brandon MciLwain down to the 6th spot from 8th. Thought he had a lot more pop in his swing than others in front of him.

Starting pitching is and still a problem with this team especially with Horn still getting into shape. They aren't eating up innings & have been relying on their relievers by committee to end the games. Hitting has picked up in the current home stand but lets see what they do against Oregon st this week.

Looks like Friday & Sunday's games will be shown on the Pac-12 network.

Friday 7PM
Sunday 2PM

Check them out!
Baller4
They beat a team last night that they should have beaten. It's what they do against teams such as OSU is what will make the conference. As I stated in my last post, last years team is a team that Esquer tabbed that would make a run for Omaha, but they could not make a regional. I think losing Shine from their coaching staff was a hit. Taking one of three is not going to cut it when it comes to conference play.

My question, is how can pitching be a problem, when your head coach is a pitching coach. Eager seems to be having that staff at Stanford rolling, as he did last year.
63Gaucho

I wonder what you were basing that assumption on? USF had a better record at 127 versus our 9-7 and per D1 Baseball they had a slightly better RPI. Certainly shouldn't have counted this as an automatic win.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.