SB down 9-2 against Stanford in the 7th

1,814 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CalFanatic
CalFanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Conley is basically throwing batting practice. Changeup hasn't been thrown for a strike in multiple innings. No idea what is going on.

We might finish last in conference play, folks. The Utah team we lost the series too- last weekend- is being slaughtered this weekend in Tempe. We don't look good.
BearinOC
Diane Ninemire is a genius.
SanseiBear
I always cheer for our Bears, but today I'm so happy for the opposing pitcher Carolyn Lee who wanted to play for her dad's alma mater Cal where her two older sisters played but didn't receive an offer. She's a great person, like the rest of the family! Omedetou to the Lee ohana!
59bear
CalFanatic said:

Conley is basically throwing batting practice. Changeup hasn't been thrown for a strike in multiple innings. No idea what is going on.

We might finish last in conference play, folks. The Utah team we lost the series too- last weekend- is being slaughtered this weekend in Tempe. We don't look good.
Any resemblance between the Conley of last year and the Conley of this year is purely coincidental.
SDBear44
Thanks Sansei. Miss the annual trips to the island to visit with you.
Schroeder71
I misread the 1st inning boxscore so I deleted my post. My apologies to Zoe & Ninemire. I came in late and missed the fact that frosh Perez spotted Stanford 5 runs without obtaining a single out. My bad bigtime.

Nice comeback by Cal to tie up the game twice. Bears continue to score & take 10-7 lead but here comes the Cardinal, again. Where's Kamalani Dung for the save? I don't understand why Jelly Seldon keeps Conley in the game when she continues to allow two base runners per inning. The Bears give up four runs in the top of the 7th and lose 11-10. Cal deserves the loss with four more position players making errors allowing three unearned runs to MAKE THE DIFFERENCE. Cal loses home opening league series to Furd. The Bears are now 1-4 against two of the weakest teams in the conference. Cal is definitely the cellar dweller. GO BEARS!

Schroeder71
HC Ninemire must be forced to go with Zoe Conley again because of the unavailability of Kamalani Dung. Stanford has scored 9 & 11 runs, respectively, in Saturday and Sunday victories over Cal. It appears to be
more of the same today. Rain Delay.
CalFanatic
3 errors in a single inning...from a Pac-12, D1 program. There are no words.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.