Volunteer Assistant Softball Coach

2,430 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bobbk
BearinOC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anyone know anything about this volunteer coach, Raquel Savoy? I find it odd that we could not hire a volunteer coach who at least played for the Power 5 conference? So we end up with someone that played at a JC? Odd that even NAIA volunteer coaches were graduates of a 4 year college. I could be completely off base here and she could be a diamond in the rough. Would appreciate any info on this.
Gkhoury2325
Her Bio says she was at Santa Clara university last year. It Sound like she will be working with hitters, the infield, and catching position. Hopefully she has recruiting connections, with all her various coaching stops. She has been at Chabot JC, Dominican College, Tennyson HS, and SCU. She has a lot of experience. So hopefully she can help the ladies hit the ball. This is Desperately needed. Coach DN may have stumbled onto something. Time will tell.
Intuit
What constitutes a "Volunteer Coach". What are the typical terms of their engagement at a college or JC? Why would a volunteer coach bounce around year to year at different schools?

What is the background of this volunteer coach? What was the catalyst for her association with Cal?
Harborview
BearinOC
Intuit said:

What constitutes a "Volunteer Coach". What are the typical terms of their engagement at a college or JC? Why would a volunteer coach bounce around year to year at different schools?

What is the background of this volunteer coach? What was the catalyst for her association with Cal?
The ones I ran into holds down a full time job privately and volunteers part time. They usually are volunteers as they wish to climb the ranks or just because it is their alma mater. I don't know the catalyst for her association; that is why I am asking.
Intuit
https://calbears.com/news/2019/8/20/bears-add-raquel-savoy-as-volunteer-assistant-softball-coach.aspx

Article from CalBears.com - Raquel Savoy
Harborview
BearinOC
Intuit said:

https://calbears.com/news/2019/8/20/bears-add-raquel-savoy-as-volunteer-assistant-softball-coach.aspx

Article from CalBears.com - Raquel Savoy
Yes, that is where I found out she was hired.
bobbk
The ncaa will vote again next month on a 3rd paid assistant for both baseball and softball. Sure hope it passes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.