Softball inks four recruits for Class of 2021...(link)

1,510 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OBear073akaSMFan
Schroeder71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://calbears.com/news/2020/11/11/softball-inks-four-signees.aspx

Chelsea Spencer named her initial recruit class today with two pitchers and two
outfielders. Based upon recruiting service evaluations, OF Olivia Silvestre, jumps out as the standout. She's rated by the two services, Flo Softball and Extra Inning Softball, as the 43rd & 47th best overall player in the nation, respectively. The other three are highly decorated as well but I don't know a lot about 'em. GO BEARS!
OBear073akaSMFan
Sansei Bear or CF is Mika Lee related to former Bears Mary and Taylor Lee?. Both of Mika's parents are Cal graduates and so is an uncle and Auntie Cal graduates. I know Mary & Taylor's parents are graduates of Cal too. Doesn't say it in the write up though.
gmunay
OBear073akaSMFan said:

Sansei Bear or CF is Mika Lee related to former Bears Mary and Taylor Lee?. Both of Mika's parents are Cal graduates and so is an uncle and Auntie Cal graduates. I know Mary & Taylor's parents are graduates of Cal too. Doesn't say it in the write up though.
Pretty unlikely. Mika Lee is from SoCal while Mary/Taylor are from NorCal. They did have a younger sister (Carolyn) who played at the Furd.

I hadn't heard of Mika Lee's commitment until the story came out so I checked to see what travel program she plays for. It turns out that she is currently on the same Corona Angels team as 2022 commit Elon Butler and former 2021 commit Jordin King.

https://www.coronaangels.org/roster/show/4452575?subseason=546879

I think I had seen as recently as a month ago that King was still showing on their site as a Cal commit so I'm not sure when that changed. Then again, they still have Mika Lee listed as a USD commit.
OBear073akaSMFan
Regarding Mika Lee, Didn't mean siblings but more in-line as first cousins.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.