Michael Cohen mea culpa podcast

960 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by bearister
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've listened to about 7 of his roughly 50 podcasts.
Pretty good.

#1 was about 7 months ago with Rosie O'Donnell.
#2 with Scaramoochi
#3 with Omorosa

Then I jumped to Jan 6th timeframe.
Anarchistbear
Jeezus Tom this is so 2016
dajo9
It sounds interesting but to me he is still Trump's dirt bag lawyer.
American Vermin
bearister
dajo9 said:

An eyewitness to criminality is always interesting to me. When they testify at trial, the defense attorney always argues that the witness is a rat bast@rd testifying only because he is disgruntled and looking for a deal from the government. The problem is the jury rarely buys it because:

1. The testimony is inherently believable and consistent with what everyone believed to be the case anyway; and

2. The defendant almost never testifies to rebut the cooperating witness' testimony because to do so usually just makes things worse for them.

Cohen's book was an entertaining and informative read. tRump is a two bit crook and dumb as a truckload of turnips. In a prior era he would have been tried and convicted of treason, sedition and dereliction of duty and executed at dawn.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
I bet it is a good book. One thing I regret about my current me is that I don't read enough books anymore.
American Vermin
bearister
Cicely Tyson's book was a good read. She had a long, interesting, meaningful life and interacted with many historic people (her relationship with Miles Davis was of particular interest to me). It makes you laugh to think of the schmucks that think they have had lives worth writing about.
concordtom
dajo9 said:

He rips on Trump and his family and his circle better than msnbc talking heads.
The guests do the same. It's like their own therapy cleansing. I would have thought it was just a show for money but they seem to be relieved to have each other to admit their sins. I'd suggest you give it a shot.
I imagine the earlier ones are the most genuine rather than programmatic. There are parts where he is reading and I imagine staff has done a lot of the writing. But it's also very personal.

Give it a whirl.
concordtom
bearister said:

In a prior era he would have been tried and convicted of treason, sedition and dereliction of duty and executed at dawn.

I always liked the St Helena Island.
Just leave him there to eat **** food and struggle to keep warm in a cold jail cell.
There's something poetic about years going by and someone asking, "hey, whatever happened to Trump"
"oh, he's still freeezing his ass in the middle of the south Atlantic."
Put a jail cell cam on a live feed 24x7 so we can watch him sit there and shiver.
concordtom
bearister said:

Cicely Tyson's book was a good read. She had a long, interesting, meaningful life and interacted with many historic people (her relationship with Miles Davis was of particular interest to me). It makes you laugh to think of the schmucks that think they have had lives worth writing about.

Anyone who has kids has a life worth writing about.
concordtom
Anarchistbear said:

Jeezus Tom this is so 2016

Actually, it's recorded in 2020-21.
I don't read long format books.
LMK5
bearister said:

dajo9 said:

An eyewitness to criminality is always interesting to me. When they testify at trial, the defense attorney always argues that the witness is a rat bast@rd testifying only because he is disgruntled and looking for a deal from the government. The problem is the jury rarely buys it because:

1. The testimony is inherently believable and consistent with what everyone believed to be the case anyway; and

2. The defendant almost never testifies to rebut the cooperating witness' testimony because to do so usually just makes things worse for them.

Cohen's book was an entertaining and informative read. tRump is a two bit crook and dumb as a truckload of turnips. In a prior era he would have been tried and convicted of treason, sedition and dereliction of duty and executed at dawn.
Great book. Thanks for the tip.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
bearister
Now read the Bruce Lee biography by Matthew Polly.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.