Verdict has been reached after 11 hours

17,563 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by going4roses
Unit2Sucks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

For all BI leftists, don't loot, burn down other people's property, or hurt other people while you're peacefully protesting.
You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha
that's all you care about, right?
I know for sure I don't care about you.
Oh, I'm wounded. Mortally wounded.

Look, I imagine you are a respectable enough person. If I passed you in the street, met you socially, I'm sure we could have a fine conversation.
But your rationality here on BI is just whack, and I really don't understand how that happens.
It's a mystery of society.

Trumpism is a complete joke, and you've been brainwashed.
You have a very vivid imagination.

I had initially tried to give Derek Chauvin benefit of the doubt, too.
Nine plus minutes of chocking someone changes the benefit of doubt in my book. The juries too.

The most stupid thing the left could do right now is too riot.
No one on the left is rioting or talking about rioting. You are falling for right wing talking points attempt to detract from the fact that they failed to acknowledge the injustices being perpetrated by our police forces and other institutions.
BearForce2
Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

For all BI leftists, don't loot, burn down other people's property, or hurt other people while you're peacefully protesting.
You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Look, I imagine you are a respectable enough person. If I passed you in the street, met you socially, I'm sure we could have a fine conversation.
But your rationality here on BI is just whack, and I really don't understand how that happens.

Nine plus minutes of chocking someone changes the benefit of doubt in my book. The juries too.

No one on the left is rioting or talking about rioting. You are falling for right wing talking points attempt to detract from the fact that they failed to acknowledge the injustices being perpetrated by our police forces and other institutions.

This reminded me when Democrat Jerry Nadler recently said in a speech "we're not packing the court, we're unpacking the court."
concordtom
Yogi Hydra said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

That's cause you're a Republican pretending not to be one.

That's "former Republican" to you.
I learned.
I evolved.
Long time before Trump!
But it's gotten so bad since Trump that anyone who doesn't get it now is plain at simple an idiot in my book.
concordtom
BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

If these are your people STFU

You don't care about people, you care about your fake cause.

That's one of the very rudest things you've said.
You come off sounding like a racist.

I heard you got a little spanking on the BB board.

No problem. I recant when appropriate. But thanks for sending me back there so I could read BearGreg's excellent post.
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Yeah. I had never watched the full video before the trial and simply couldn't fathom it was as it turned out to be. Dr Tobin's crushed lung explanation pretty much sealed Chauvin's coffin. And that Chauvin didn't get off until the EMT asked him to get off? Oh my goodness - he lost his mind (if merely temporarily)!!

Agreed. If there were BLM riots tonight that would be about as stupid as thousands of Trumpists overrunning the Capitol, crushing police, throwing fire extinguishers at them, breaking doors and windows in a completely "lawless" state of mind inspired by a group of lawless leaders.
Big C
Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

You and hanky1 don't know nuthin': The clock has just struck 12 midnight and I am about to head out to do some rioting! It's like when your team plays in the Super Bowl: Lose and you need to get out a little frustration, so you go break some store windows. Win and it's celebration time... and nothing says celebration like roasting marshmallows over the hood of the cop car you just torched!

Plus, we got a short window for this: For a little longer, it's still the people who DON'T wear a mask in public who arouse suspicion! WHO'S WITH ME? Meet me at "the" Boston Market* in twenty minutes!

* the Boston Market that will live forever in BI lore... great place to begin the riot!
going4roses
Whomever or whatever programmed bf really messed him and way too many others up so bad.

They are like bots/ clones . Void of learning void humility nor humanity.

How many of them exist? 20 or 30 or 50 million? What kind of work do they do? Anything important (with the power over other's lives) ?

Is this the type of human which represents what a rational autonomous individual is supposed to be ?

Where did things go off track or is it the way it was intended to be..
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearForce2
going4roses said:

Whomever or whatever programmed bf really messed him and way too many others up so bad.

There are like bots/ clones . Void of learning void humility nor humanity.

How many of them exist? 20 or 30 or 50 million? What kind of work do they do? Anything important (with the power over other's lives) ?

Is this the type of human which represents what a rational autonomous individual us supposed to be ?

I'll give the rioters some credit though, they're actions are consistent with their message, that the country is racist, the police have gone too far in killing blacks, and that there needs to be some fundamental changes because this one trial is not going to undo the past and heal the hurt. Even though they're wrong and misguided at least their thinking is consistent with the rioting and violence. Let's see how long the left and center will be able to stomach the endless rioting, never mind that black on black and blue on white violence is much more common.
okaydo
going4roses said:

Is this the type of human which represents what a rational autonomous individual us supposed to be ?

Omg. It makes sense now. No wonder why he sounds so bot-like.

His programmers should probably change things up and cut down on the same conservative voices.
concordtom
going4roses said:

Good thoughts and questions!
The entire MAGA movement has caused me to query mankind's basic nature, as it is founded on lies, fear, and passion.

I've found a lot of satisfactory answers by listening to many talks by neuroscientists David Eagleman of Baylor (PBS' The Brain series) and Zebras/Ulcers and Behave author Robert Sapolsky of Stanford.

Our brains are wired certain ways to quickly identify who is an "us" troop member and who is a "them" troop member, and being able to properly calculate that could often mean the difference between life and death, evolutionarily speaking.

The amygdala (older, lizard brain, fear-based) responds faster than the modern thinking pre-frontal cortex - which might send a different message.

It's not a terrible example to use the tragic Adam Toledo shooting (13 year old Chicago boy). Slowed video shows him holding a gun one second, hands up without the next. The amygdala was no doubt active in the running chase, and may have registered the gun in hand (often times mis-registering a phone or a comb) moments before pulling the trigger.

So, what I'm trying to say is, our brains are not perfect, not rational, ESPECIALLY when you fill them with decades of programming via tv and other that subconsciously biases us.

The other factor of interest to me is the psychological impact of group fervor. Look at how dumb people can be when put together. Nazi rallies, Alabama vs Auburn football (e.g.) or stock market Tulipmania. There's an 1850's book on the madness of crowds. Yep!

So, if BF2, or ANY of us, could step back from the amygdala reactionary brain, step back from the emotion of any crowd, and LEARN about the garbage IN to our brains, how our brains process that, and understand the garbage OUT of our brains, we might be able to get to a place via our pre-frontal cortex where such human vs human "crap" occurs.

BUT, while it may sound simple here, that's an incredibly tall order.

So, while it won't happen in my lifetime, our collective consciousness is trending in the right direction AND I have at least found a measure of peace in feeling like I understand why such insanities exist/occur.

I'll try to find some of the clips I've learned from.
concordtom
5 minutes. There are more Sapolsky "us can them" talks of an hour long or more on the subject, but here's a taste.

concordtom
Eagleman talking about the unconscious brain that controls most of who we are, what we say and do.

chazzed
Americans overwhelmingly approve of this verdict, according to a USA TODAY/Ipsos snap poll:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ipsos-poll-nearly-half-americans-125549023.html
going4roses
BearForce2 said:

going4roses said:

I'll give the rioters some credit though, they're actions are consistent with their message, that the country is racist, the police have gone too far in killing blacks, and that there needs to be some fundamental changes because this one trial is not going to undo the past and heal the hurt. Even though they're wrong and misguided at least their thinking is consistent with the rioting and violence. Let's see how long the left and center will be able to stomach the endless rioting, never mind that black on black and blue on white violence is much more common.

You are still not listening
We were born with two ears and one mouth for a reason...
going4roses
Damn , well I knew the brain was powerful but clearly some peoples brains have been exploited. Depends on who and for what.

About 20 yrs ago my play big brother came up with a phase
"For who For what" funny how it applies to certain situations and people.

Next thought how does melanin effect/affect that chemical within ? Does everyone start with same amount versus others ?
wifeisafurd
concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Yeah. I had never watched the full video before the trial and simply couldn't fathom it was as it turned out to be. Dr Tobin's crushed lung explanation pretty much sealed Chauvin's coffin. And that Chauvin didn't get off until the EMT asked him to get off? Oh my goodness - he lost his mind (if merely temporarily)!!

Agreed. If there were BLM riots tonight that would be about as stupid as thousands of Trumpists overrunning the Capitol, crushing police, throwing fire extinguishers at them, breaking doors and windows in a completely "lawless" state of mind inspired by a group of lawless leaders.

There was the usual in Portland that had its almost nightly "Sate of Emergecy" with arrests and vandalizing what is left to vandalize. You might not be familiar with Portland or Seattle situations in the news sites you watch. The calls by the anarchist types to riot in other cities (like the Bay Area) to show the verdict calls for racial justice and police reform far have gone unanswered and if they stay unanswered, will be better for pushing through actual police reforms.
wifeisafurd
Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Is that you Dajo? This is the myopia that has me disengaging from a lot of posters. At least Yogi reads the posts and doesn't ignore them. There was the usual in Portland and some other cities that doesn't get repotted on the news sites you frequent, but calls by the anarchist types to riot in other cities (like the Bay Area) to show the verdict calls for racial justice and police reform far have gone unanswered and if they stay unanswered, will be better for pushing through actual police reforms.

going4roses
Why wasn't he shot 57 or 65 times ? Why

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMexewcKq/

concordtom
The third educational piece for me was learning about Stanley Milgram's work in the 2015 film "Experimenter".
This had to do mostly with obedience to authority, with the shock experiments...

...but also explored group biases:

.... as well as following the crowd:

It's a good film which I've recommended here several times. I caught it on Netflix, and it gave me the understanding and strength to completely rebuke my previously self-identified "troop" as whack.

That's not to say that the same can't, doesn't influence Democrats. Absolutely it does.
I just find more rationality in the D party currently.
going4roses
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMexdS61u/

Knoxville pd murders child because he shot himself

How do you say that's f Ed up without saying that's eff Ed up smh.

Who is the onus on to change ? ....
The oppressor
Or the Oppressed
going4roses
Take this to heart

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMexdadm7/

"And some wont admit the knife is there (bf)"
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

There was the usual in Portland that had its almost nightly "Sate of Emergecy" with arrests and vandalizing what is left to vandalize. You might not be familiar with Portland or Seattle situations in the news sites you watch. The calls by the anarchist types to riot in other cities (like the Bay Area) to show the verdict calls for racial justice and police reform far have gone unanswered and if they stay unanswered, will be better for pushing through actual police reforms.

I do try to watch Fox.
But they put out so much nonsense it upsets me.

Here, last night, a reasonable NY cop was trying to talk about solutions to what everyone agrees was a terrible tragedy. But he was making too much sense, and so Tucker interrupts him once, twice, 3 times, then producer cuts him off and Tucker finishes it with a Nope, Done pronouncement. Clearly, the producer in Tucker's ear had said, "we're ending this guy".

Also, Hannity had a Trump interview where they tried to keep alive a potential Trump 2024 run... That guy deserves zero air time.

I'll go check out Portland and Seattle disturbance news, but, yeah, come on. FoxNews is mostly a complete brainwashing joke. See my prior posts and videos about the influence that has on our subconscious mind. Keep the garbage out. Take a look now and then to get a read of the lay of the land, but otherwise don't let trash in.

There were parts of your post I simply didn't understand, fyi. Syntax.
concordtom

When he says "we as a people" he's speaking for all of us, we as a human race. At least that's the we I hear, because this divisiveness sucks for us all.

Unit2Sucks
wifeisafurd said:

Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Is that you Dajo? This is the myopia that has me disengaging from a lot of posters. At least Yogi reads the posts and doesn't ignore them. There was the usual in Portland and some other cities that doesn't get repotted on the news sites you frequent, but calls by the anarchist types to riot in other cities (like the Bay Area) to show the verdict calls for racial justice and police reform far have gone unanswered and if they stay unanswered, will be better for pushing through actual police reforms.

What myopia? Why do you think it is that conservatives are absolutely obsessed with rioting (except when it's right wing extremists and mainstream Trumpers)? Your comment that the "most stupid thing the left could do" which implies that the organized "left" is somehow involved in rioting. That's fantasy fueled by right wing media and their Maxine Waters fantasies. The democratic party and its leaders are not responsible for or involved in organized rioting, certainly not to the extent and degree to which the republican party and its leaders were involved in January 6.
bearister

Photo: Court TV via Reuters
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2

going4roses
Still not listening
BearForce2

She pulled a Nancy.
BearForce2
concordtom
wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

Portland:
At least two people were arrested and video first published by The Oregonian and retweeted by police showed a demonstrator dressed in all black punching a bicycle officer in the head before more officers piled on top of the suspect. Police also released photos showing shattered windows at local coffee shops and graffiti of the anarchy symbol and ACAB, an acronym meaning "All Cops Are B*******."

Seatlle:
nothing.

I never would condone violence or vandalism, but come on, now.
Given what we've been through, I think that's pretty much a joke that you have allowed yourself to focus on these news reports. I can only presume that the news reports YOU listen to are, well... yeah.
concordtom
Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

Unit2Sucks said:

wifeisafurd said:

concordtom said:

OaktownBear said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

concordtom said:

BearForce2 said:

OaktownBear said:

BearForce2 said:

You lose.

My property is intact.
ha ha ha

What myopia? Why do you think it is that conservatives are absolutely obsessed with rioting (except when it's right wing extremists and mainstream Trumpers)? Your comment that the "most stupid thing the left could do" which implies that the organized "left" is somehow involved in rioting. That's fantasy fueled by right wing media and their Maxine Waters fantasies. The democratic party and its leaders are not responsible for or involved in organized rioting, certainly not to the extent and degree to which the republican party and its leaders were involved in January 6.
Bravo.

Let's not forget that the GOP leaders were to blame for Jan 6.
Active involvement!
BearForce2
going4roses said:

Still not listening

I heard you. Amerikkka needs to press the reset button.
AunBear89
What's a good term for a racist liar posting a Tweet from another racist liar?

Simple: It's a BearFarce.
okaydo
BearForce2
There is no prevailing viewpoint from the right regarding the actual outcome.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.