100% I support religious freedom

3,898 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dajo9 said:

Why is the right obsessed with Fauci? This thread has something close to 30 posts and over half of them are from hanky and bearforce2. What is your obsession?

It's not us that's obsessed with Fauci. We're not the ones worshipping at his alter.

We're just making fun of yous who do.
sycasey
dajo9 said:

sycasey said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

Why is the right obsessed with Fauci? This thread has something close to 30 posts and over half of them are from hanky and bearforce2. What is your obsession?

I suppose this could be an honest question. Answer: I'm not obsessed with Fauci, but the left is and they're trying to protect him. Why protect a liar and lunatic?

Forget Covid for a second, what about hiding these gruesome medical experiments on dogs funded by taxpayers?

T
We can start with the fact that that photo shared by Disclose is from a study NOT funded by the NIH.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/oct/28/unpacking-noise-around-dr-anthony-fauci-and-beagle/

So already we're off to a rocky start. However, yes, it seems clear that many medical experiments use dogs and other animals. Is this something you're opposed to in general? Do you think the responsibility for this practice lies entirely with Fauci?

Or is this just a convenient stick to hit a political opponent with?
The very first work study job I had at Cal, even before my first classes, was feeding and cleaning cleaning cages of rats that were being used in cancer research. Many of them had tumors and it wasn't too unusual to find dead ones each day. I took it because it was the highest paying job on the board but I quit after a month or so. Too depressing and I could see I was changing in ways I didn't like.
Sounds like it would be. I honestly don't know if this kind of animal experimentation is necessary or not. If it (quite sadly) is then I would expect scientific government agencies to fund some of it. If not, then that's a conversation that goes way beyond Fauci. I am interested in a conversation about that, but not if it's just being used to point fingers at the current administration; it's clear that this practice has been happening across many governments for a long time.

Narrator:

It's being used to point fingers at the current administration
You mean Ted Cruz isn't a long-term crusader for animal rights?
BearForce2
sycasey said:

We can start with the fact that that photo shared by Disclose is from a study NOT funded by the NIH.

https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/oct/28/unpacking-noise-around-dr-anthony-fauci-and-beagle/

So already we're off to a rocky start. However, yes, it seems clear that many medical experiments use dogs and other animals. Is this something you're opposed to in general? Do you think the responsibility for this practice lies entirely with Fauci?

Oh, so you do agree that experimenters fed puppies' heads to infected flies but the problem you have was that the picture used above wasn't a correct picture? Got it. Fauci supports puppy torture.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Oh, so you do agree that experimenters fed puppies' heads to infected flies but the problem you have was that the picture used above wasn't a correct picture? Got it. Fauci supports puppy torture.

That's not even close to the point.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Puppy Killer said:

Eastern Oregon Bear said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

dajo9 said:

I suppose this could be an honest question. Answer: I'm not obsessed with Fauci, but the left is and they're trying to protect him. Why protect a liar and lunatic?

Forget Covid for a second, what about hiding these gruesome medical experiments on dogs funded by taxpayers?

T

The very first work study job I had at Cal, even before my first classes, was feeding and cleaning cleaning cages of rats that were being used in cancer research. Many of them had tumors and it wasn't too unusual to find dead ones each day. I took it because it was the highest paying job on the board but I quit after a month or so. Too depressing and I could see I was changing in ways I didn't like.
From BearForce2's tweet above:

Quote:

Earlier this month, I reported that The Washington Post was preparing a hit piece on a group that it had long praised: the White Coat Waste Project, devoted to the singular mission of building an ideologically diverse coalition to oppose wasteful and morally reprehensible taxpayer-funded experiments on dogs and other animals. As I noted there, The Post after years of heaping praise on this group as a rare Washington success story in uniting left and right around a common noble cause was now working to create the exact opposite narrative: namely, that the group was driven by some sort of clandestine MAGA or pro-Trump agenda, which meant its work should be regarded as unreliable and that it is denouncing animal experimentations not out of a sincere devotion to the cause but only to undermine the sacred-to-liberals Dr. Anthony Fauci, whose agencies and budgets fund these experiments (that White Coat has been working against government experimentations on dogs for many years, long before Fauci became a political lightning rod, was no impediment to the Post's smear job, because, as is so often the case these days, its mission was political and not journalistic).
Quote:

Of the numerous horrific experiments on dogs funded by agencies and budgets controlled by Fauci, there's only one that is in dispute: the one in Tunisia. That is the experiment which involved placing sedated beagles' heads in mesh bags with swarms of starved sand flies, which feasted on the live dogs in order to transmit to them a parasite that carries a disease called "leishmaniasis." The scientific paper that described the results of that experiment, published on July 15, originally credited NIAID as a funder.
Quote:

But after this ethical monstrosity was publicized and denounced by an anti-animal testing group specializing in a building left/right coalitions the White Coat Waste Project, which, as Glenn Greenwald reported in this space two weeks ago, became the target of a Washington Post hit piece as punishment for denouncing Fauci this particular experiment created a minor media sensation and a major headache for NIH. In the wake of that recent controversy, the paper's authors just three weeks ago, on November 11 suddenly retracted their statement about NIAID funding. In wooden language that reads like a hostage note, they now claim that when they said that NIAID had paid for this experiment, it was by accident.
Quote:

There are plenty of reasons to doubt that denial, which I'll go into shortly. But ultimately: who cares? This was just one revolting NIAID-funded experiment among many that White Coat Waste exposed, and not even the worst of them. NIAID does not deny funding any of those other experiments, which are just a few out of thousands of animal experiments which NIAID has underwritten going back to the 1980s.
Quote:

Fauci's highly cynical strategy and therefore the strategy of his media allies is to focus everyone's attention on this one sole project in Tunisia, then deny that he funded it. The obvious goal is to obscure and bury what they cannot deny even if that denial were true: namely, that agencies and budgets controlled by Fauci fund thousands of similar or worse experiments on dogs. Not only does NIAID not deny this core fact, but, as demonstrated above, they admit this in multiple reports and experimentation reports.

I wasn't pointing fingers at anyone, except perhaps Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan and some unknown bureaucrats from the 1970s. Not Fauci, not Trump, not Biden. Don't try to drag me into one of your current mud holes. I was just sharing my experience with animal experimentation on the Cal campus. That lab is long gone from what I've heard.

At least you're coming clean about how you interact with small animals.
hanky1
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.