Trump: California recall was rigged

2,280 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by dimitrig
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

BearNIt
okaydo said:

Morons!!!!!!!!
Unit2Sucks
The core principals of the republican party have re-centered around being a sore loser. It all fits together perfectly. Reveration of the confederacy and Robert E Lee. Pining for the past. Pretending every lost election (or Emmy award) is rigged against you. The sports equivalent of believing the referees or the league stacked the deck against you, etc. Poor sportsmanship sells a lot better than personal responsibility to a group of people who feel like they have been marginalized because their unearned privilege has barely begun to erode.

Don't get me wrong, they still pay lip service to personal responsibility but they believe that applies to "others" whom they want to believe the deck is stacked in favor of. That's why they actually believe that reverse racism is a problem lol. Feeling like you've lost a privilege, even if it's completely unearned and unfair, hurts and Trump has done a better job than anyone else in selling losers the notion that they should try and reclaim unearned privilege because it might fix their powerless depressing lives.

So yes, for the foreseeable future every republican loser will claim election fraud just like many sports fans blame the refs every time their team loses.
concordtom
Oh, pardon me.
I have to go vote now in this rigged election!
BearNIt
concordtom said:

Oh, pardon me.
I have to go vote now in this rigged election!
I took three ballots to drop off, I hope no one accuses me of voter fraud.
BearForce2

Why do you need comedy shows when the comedy writes itself? Of course they're rigging this to prevent Donald Trump from winning California.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
okaydo
This ish is crazy.

okaydo
For those who missed the story: Cal alum Tommy Gong, the county clerk recorder for San Luis Obispo county, was bombarded with Trumpists threats and racial slurs following last year's election.

So he quit.

BearForce2

Fake news presented by the Daily Beast. Okaydo, do you know anyone from the Daily Cal working there?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2

Local TV news around California are reporting similar things.
Tedhead94
If you think a Democrat winning a recall in CA where dem registration is almost double that of rep registration, and when Larry Elder is the other choice, youre either A) mentally challenged. B) mentally sick, C) in on the grift, or D) all of the above. Which is it?
calpoly
okaydo said:

For those who missed the story: Cal alum Tommy Gong, the county clerk recorder for San Luis Obispo county, was bombarded with Trumpists threats and racial slurs following last year's election.

So he quit.

San Luis Obispo county is governed by a bunch of tRump clones that believe the election was rigged. They want to get rid of mail-in-ballots and make it harder to vote in SLO county. I believe Tommy Gong is now working in Contra Costa County.
going4roses

***?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
BearForce2
Tedhead94 said:

If you think a Democrat winning a recall in CA where dem registration is almost double that of rep registration, and when Larry Elder is the other choice, youre either A) mentally challenged. B) mentally sick, C) in on the grift, or D) all of the above. Which is it?

F) Bring Joe Biden and Kamala Harris all the way to California to campaign in a state where dem registration is almost double that of the rep registration because they have nothing else to do!
okaydo
Tedhead94 said:

Republicans have realized that conceding is giving legitimacy to the opponent. But if they could do the opposite and allege conspiracies and not concede, then it damages their opponent. The peaceful transition of power is the cornerstone of our democracy. But Trump and republicans realized that if you don't participate in the peaceful transition of power then there will only be consequences for the winner and not the loser. Of course, there is no peaceful transition of power should Newsom win. But Elder and his republican pals have nothing to lose by calling the election rigged. And they found a way to weaponize every little conspiracy. What we've learned from Trump is if you discuss a lie enough times and don't back down, then it becomes a legitimate opinion that the mainstream takes seriously. See: The birthers. (Oh, by the way, Larry Elder is a birther.)

There are no consequences in basking in conspiracies:

okaydo
going4roses
Sounds like they will attempt to keep it going (in the courts) until the next gubernatorial election.
Unit2Sucks
going4roses said:

***?
Crazy town. My sister just told me that some Trumpers showed up at her polling place yelling "vote yes" to everyone in line. An native english speaking asian person told them that electioneering was not permitted, per the sign, and they glared at him before responding "sorry, no speak da english??".

But sure, we should listen to the RWNJs here who tell us that (A) there is no racism any more, (B) democrats believe in identity politics and (C) anyone not voting for Elder is racist. I've seen nothing in the last 4 years to think those racist Trumpers are out of lock step with Trump's republican party.
chazzed
Republicans are such whiny losers. Kind of like Sonny Dykes.
going4roses
C) is interesting because I would die before voting for him bka selling out to racist ideology he subscribes to.

Only poc/blk that would vote for him are 2nd amendment only (which in the long run would back fire)
Or the immigrants who are brain washed because their ancestors did not go through chattel slavery or Jim Crow etc etc
okaydo
going4roses said:

C) is interesting because I would die before voting for him bka selling out to racist ideology he subscribes to.

Only poc/blk that would vote for him are 2nd amendment only (which in the long run would back fire)
Or the immigrants who are brain washed because their ancestors did not go through chattel slavery or Jim Crow etc etc

Republicans: Liberals blindly vote for people because of their race.

Republicans to blacks on Larry Elder: He's black, why don't you vote for him?
going4roses
Exactly
BearForce2
going4roses said:

Exactly
How can you agree with okaydo when he himself doesn't know what he said?
going4roses
I'll give you that part but it's plausible from this group of people is it not ?

Then there is this
bearister
As I posted weeks ago, the Republicans would never have initiated the recall election if they had to foot the $200+ million cost (us taxpayers did that).

Based on 30 seconds of research I found this:

" How much does a recount cost?

Recount costs vary by county. Before the recount can begin, the voter or campaign committee represented by the voter requesting the recount must provide the money requested by the county elections official to pay for the cost of the first day's recount work. This procedure is repeated for each day the recount continues. (Elections Code 15624; Code of Regulations 20815.)"

This leads me to believe that the Republicans will have to absorb the cost of contesting the legitimacy of the recall election. Unless they feel they can put Larry Elder on TV and vacuum money out of the pockets of the Basket of Deplorables like a televangelist, there will be no contest.
Remember, in the new normal for Republicans, they are able to energize their base just by making unsupported allegations, which are deemed the gospel truth by the faithful.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
going4roses said:

***?

Well, with this guy working WeHo (of all places) the GOP can't POSSIBLY say the vote (at least there) was rigged against them!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.