Rodgers humble brag Cal

2,172 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
21:13 he talks Cal for a sec

apparently youtube having some kind of issue. But he talks bout it on McAfee

MathTeacherMike
Summerize?
MinotStateBeav
MathTeacherMike said:

Summerize?
found the original show so I got it timestamped.
B.A. Bearacus
He just said that the Golden Bears romped rival Stanford.
B.A. Bearacus
MinotStateBeav said:

Genuinely curious: were you a vocal fan of A-Rod on BI prior to immunized or only after?
MinotStateBeav
B.A. Bearacus said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Genuinely curious: were you a vocal fan of A-Rod on BI prior to immunized or only after?
I'm genuinely curious: were you always a fragile snowflake or is this a recent development?
B.A. Bearacus
MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I'm genuinely curious: were you always a fragile snowflake or is this a recent development?
I think that answers my question. Can't recall ever seeing you on any A-Rod appreciation threads prior to your becoming a very recent fan.
BearBoarBlarney
What we have here is a genuine pre-Thanksgiving internet p!ss!ng contest. You both get a fruit juice and a participation ribbon.

Now can we please focus on Ucla and their chipmunk-esque head coach? Priorities people.
MinotStateBeav
B.A. Bearacus said:

MinotStateBeav said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I think that answers my question. Can't recall ever seeing you on any A-Rod appreciation threads prior to your becoming a very recent fan.
this is weird. seek help
BearForce2

How many are jealous of Rodgers' new super immune response that's stronger than your 7 month old vaccine?
metabear
BearForce2 said:

How many are jealous of Rodgers' new super immune response that's stronger than your 7 month old vaccine?
Does this website not have an prohibitions on COVID misinformation?
calbear93
metabear said:

BearForce2 said:

Almost everyone seems misinformed.

A lot of lay people who have not conducted any clinical trials pretending to be experts based on what they read on Fox, CNN, or Twitter.

Bunch of people thinking their ability to do a google search makes them experts.
okaydo
calbear93 said:

metabear said:

BearForce2 said:

A lot of lay people who have not conducted any clinical trials pretending to be experts based on what they read on Fox, CNN, or Twitter.

Bunch of people thinking their ability to do a google search makes them experts.

The dumb libs on this site also have to realize that, as polarizing as he is, Joe Rogan is a credible source of COVID information. If Rodgers trusts him, I trust him.
calbear93
okaydo said:

calbear93 said:

metabear said:

BearForce2 said:

The dumb libs on this site also have to realize that, as polarizing as he is, Joe Rogan is a credible source of COVID information. If Rodgers trusts him, I trust him.
Okaydo - in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to be generous. Let's stop with this nonsense. No one is looking to you on a football site as some bright mind who can discern credible source vs. non-credible source on scientific or medical (or any complex) matters. You definitely are a great propagator of every idiot opinion on twitter as some meaningful addition to discourse, and there is value to that in this social media obsessed society.

But, quite honestly, as much as I am not inclined to listen to a former comedian/mix martial artists, he is definitely more cogent and authentic, even if wrong headed on this topic, than you.

So, stop with thinking that calling someone dumb or being snide with people who are infinitely more accomplished than you passes for debate on substance on things that neither of us truly understand.
heartofthebear
MinotStateBeav said:

Sorry, I like your posts, but I'm not willing to watch McAfee, especially when Rogers is on. It's too much of an echo chamber for belief systems that I just don't agree with.
calbear93
heartofthebear said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Sorry, I like your posts, but I'm not willing to watch McAfee, especially when Rogers is on. It's too much of an echo chamber for belief systems that I just don't agree with.
I think there is too much echo chamber in our society on this topic.

I will say this. I am only interested in this because I like Rodgers, for the same reason I like Goff, Lynch, Pawlowski, Cam Jordan, etc. They brought me joy when I was an ardent fan of Cal football. So, generally have a soft spot for them, and that extends to my reflexive tendency to give them the benefit of the doubt even though my bias for them has nothing to do with anything outside of football.

The danger I think is that the echo chamber causes people to be deluded into thinking they have the world figured out and don't need to listen to any other substantive perspective as if a different perspective, instead of expanding our understanding, jeopardizes our identity, moral superiority, or tribal loyalty. That to me is the sure path to idiocy in our society. I saw that in OT and will not touch that site now with a 2,000 foot pole since it ends up where echo chamber members always end up - the same people fighting the same fight over and over again in a tribal fight, with name calling. I don't know if anyone has changed anyone's thoughts, but thinking about how that one forum caused all the time away from family, work, sports, and actual joyful things in society from the participants, how idiotic is that exercise? But it is all driven by the same thing that drives people to do hateful things like discriminate based on race, gender, sexual orientation, etc. - just the need to feel superior not through one's one accomplishments but through belittling others for meaningless things.

For example, I am a fervent advocate for vaccines. But the stupidity of trying to make a point by saying Rogan takes horse dewormer. That's like saying someone is taking medicine for farmed salmon when they take penicillin. As Rogan said, he can afford human medicine, and just because penicillin used to be given to farmed salmon does not mean someone taking penicillin is taking fish medicine.

A less idiotic argument would have been that no clinical trials have to date shown that Ivermectin increases immunity to COVID and that one should not take medicine without demonstrated benefit when there are vaccines that, while not without side effects, have data to support it is extremely effective in providing temporary immunity and providing long lasting ability to fight the symptoms. If one is going to put chemicals in their body for medical purposes, it should be based on the currently most reliable clinical trial data and not on rumors. Why isn't that better than posting and reposting that Rogan is such an idiot that he takes horse dewormer like some hick farmer? And that twitter message gets spread and we lose our ability to actually promote action based on current scientific data and we shut our ears to learning something new by listening to someone else's SUBSTANTIVE argument.
MSaviolives
Come on people. Stop the childish bickering. Let's move on to more current topics....like A-Rod's toe.

https://nypost.com/2021/11/24/aaron-rodgers-covid-toe-saga-has-reached-new-levels-of-weird/

StillNoStanfurdium
calbear93 said:

okaydo said:

calbear93 said:

metabear said:

BearForce2 said:

Okaydo - in the spirit of Thanksgiving, I want to be generous. Let's stop with this nonsense. No one is looking to you on a football site as some bright mind who can discern credible source vs. non-credible source on scientific or medical (or any complex) matters. You definitely are a great propagator of every idiot opinion on twitter as some meaningful addition to discourse, and there is value to that in this social media obsessed society.

But, quite honestly, as much as I am not inclined to listen to a former comedian/mix martial artists, he is definitely more cogent and authentic, even if wrong headed on this topic, than you.

So, stop with thinking that calling someone dumb or being snide with people who are infinitely more accomplished than you passes for debate on substance on things that neither of us truly understand.
You sort of make some reasonable points elsewhere but you're losing me with Rogan being cogent and authentic. Maybe you could make the case for how he was a few years ago but he's been going downhill the past few years in how "open" he actually is to viewpoints that he's not himself just set in.
okaydo

MSaviolives
It is weird that Rodgers was kidding about COVID toe, when there is apparently an actual COVID toe condition, as discussed in the WSJ article. Was Rodgers doing some high level trolling knowing there is such an actual condition, or was it all a weird coincidence where Rodgers made up the phrase to make light of those he felt were making too much of his COVID and vaccination shenanigans, and he didn't even know there was such an actual condition.

WSJ probably should have done a little more diligence, but it seems somewhat understandable that they would make the mistake given what Rodgers said and the fact that COVID toe is apparently a real thing.
okaydo
MSaviolives said:

It is weird that Rodgers was kidding about COVID toe, when there is apparently an actual COVID toe condition, as discussed in the WSJ article. Was Rodgers doing some high level trolling knowing there is such an actual condition, or was it all a weird coincidence where Rodgers made up the phrase to make light of those he felt were making too much of his COVID and vaccination shenanigans, and he didn't even know there was such an actual condition.

WSJ probably should have done a little more diligence, but it seems somewhat understandable that they would make the mistake given what Rodgers said and the fact that COVID toe is apparently a real thing.

One of the best NFL reporters out there is Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports. He's spoken repeatedly about how Rodgers has a way of getting news out there, then distancing himself from it. He enjoys using the media, then playing the victim of the media. So I wouldn't put it past him to do this. As the media have learned, you can't take what comes out of Rodgers' mouth seriously.

BearForce2
okaydo said:

As the media have learned, you can't take what comes out of Rodgers' mouth seriously.

The Pulitzer Prize winning New York Times reported that Aaron Rodgers had a fractured camel toe.
MinotStateBeav
Covid-Toe-Gate
oski003
MSaviolives said:

There is covid everything. While Covid is dangerous and the current allowed vaccines are still our best way to protect ourselves, it is very easy for health authorities to attribute any death of someone testing positive as a result of covid and dismiss any vaccine injury as would have happened if they got covid or unrelated to the vaccine. Our health experts picked a strategy to get us out of this crisis, and, gosh darn it, the data will support it.
BearForce2
okaydo said:

calbear93 said:

metabear said:

BearForce2 said:

You were a Bernie supporter at some point before Biden won the nomination.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.