It's time to confront the Trump-Putin network

2,970 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Eastern Oregon Bear
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"Of course the most striking role of the Russian government in the 2016 US election was its many, many ties with the Trump campaign, including with Trump himself, who spent the campaign and the four years of his presidency groveling before Putin, denying the reality of Russian interference, and changing first the Republican platform and then US policy to serve Putin's agendas. This included cutting support for Ukraine against Russia out of the Republican platform when he won the primary, considerable animosity toward Nato, and ultimately trying to blackmail Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in 2019 by withholding military aid while demanding he offer confirmation of a Russian conspiracy theory blaming Ukraine rather than Russia for 2016 election interference.

A stunning number of Trump's closest associates had deep ties to the Russian government. They included Paul Manafort, who during his years in Ukraine worked to build Russian influence there and served as a consultant to the Kremlin-backed Ukrainian president who was driven out of the country and into Russia by popular protest in 2014 (the Russian line is that this was an illegitimate coup and thus a justification for invasion is still widely repeated). Manafort was, during his time in the campaign, sharing data with Russian intelligence agent Konstantin V Kilimnik, while campaign advisor Jeff Sessions was sharing information with the Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Manafort, Donald Trump Jr and Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner held an illegal meeting in Trump Tower with a Kremlin-linked lawyer on June 9, 2016, where they were promised damaging material on the Clinton campaign.

After being seated next to Putin while being paid to speak at a dinner celebrating RT, Russia's news propaganda outlet, Michael Flynn briefly became Trump's national security advisor. He was soon was fired for lying to White House officials and later pled guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador. Jared Kushner allegedly directed him to make those contacts and as the Washington Post reported in May 2017, "Jared Kushner and Russia's ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump's transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring." The Guardian reported the same year that "Donald Trump Jr has been forced to release damning emails that reveal he eagerly embraced what he was told was a Russian government attempt to damage Hillary Clinton's election campaign."

… The Republican party met its new leader by matching his corruption, and by covering up his crimes and protecting him from consequences, including two impeachments. The second impeachment was for a violent invasion of Congress, not by a foreign power, but by right-wingers inflamed by lies instigated by Trump and amplified by many in the party. They have become willing collaborators in an attempt to sabotage free and fair elections, the rule of law, and truth itself."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/02/time-to-confront-trump-putin-network?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
Long past time. They operated to advance a global autocratic agenda.
bearister
dajo9 said:

Long past time. They operated to advance a global autocratic agenda.

The writer of that article really tied it all together, then organized it and put it in one tight package. Bravo!
It would make a great Opening Statement in a criminal prosecution prefaced with, "The evidence will show…"
GoOskie
Normally, Bearfarce would be posting Babylon Bee tweets by now.

I'm starting to worry.
DiabloWags
GoOskie said:

I'm starting to worry.

Maybe he's standing in line at his local Russian bank trying to withdraw some worthless rubles?
AunBear89
DiabloWags said:

GoOskie said:

I'm starting to worry.

Maybe he's standing in line at his local Russian bank trying to withdraw some worthless rubles?

Found BearFarce:
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
AunBear89 said:

DiabloWags said:

GoOskie said:

I'm starting to worry.

Found BearFarce:

I'm pretty sure any soldier that surrendered is a dead man if they return to Mother Russia.
cbbass1
bearister said:

"Of course the most striking role of the Russian government in the 2016 US election was its many, many ties with the Trump campaign, including with Trump himself, who spent the campaign and the four years of his presidency groveling before Putin, denying the reality of Russian interference, and changing first the Republican platform and then US policy to serve Putin's agendas. This included cutting support for Ukraine against Russia out of the Republican platform when he won the primary, considerable animosity toward Nato, and ultimately trying to blackmail Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in 2019 by withholding military aid while demanding he offer confirmation of a Russian conspiracy theory blaming Ukraine rather than Russia for 2016 election interference.

… The Republican party met its new leader by matching his corruption, and by covering up his crimes and protecting him from consequences, including two impeachments. The second impeachment was for a violent invasion of Congress, not by a foreign power, but by right-wingers inflamed by lies instigated by Trump and amplified by many in the party. They have become willing collaborators in an attempt to sabotage free and fair elections, the rule of law, and truth itself."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/02/time-to-confront-trump-putin-network?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
That's laudable, but easier said than done.

As I mentioned on another thread, the Trump-Putin network is deeply embedded in the U.S. banking / private equity / real estate / international oligarch network. Many, if not all, of the entities that launder $$$ for international thieves & thugs are also big donors to the campaigns of U.S. reps of both parties. This has been part of the understanding of Neoliberalism and Globalism as we know it. Whether it's Russian oligarchs, Saudi princes, or Colombian drug lords makes little difference. The U.S. financial sector says, "Invest your USD with us, and we'll make sure your investments are safe."

Donald Trump's real estate transactions are all a matter of public record, and it's clear that he's been laundering $$$ for Russian oligarchs for decades. Yet he's never indicted.

As the Ukraine invasion goes on, the corruption within the U.S. financial sector will hopefully receive some much-needed scrutiny.

One of the driving forces for changing our economy from manufacturer/producer/creditor (before 1980) to importer/debtor (after 1980 & GATT/NAFTA/WTO) is that the USD spent by American consumers, on imported products, comes back to the U.S. financial sector, to be invested in equities, private equity funds, and real estate.

This came in this morning:

Biden Administration May Shield Bank Linked To Russian Oligarchs
Labor Department proposal would waive penalty for convicted bank Credit Suisse, whose donors gave more than $100,000 to Biden's campaign.
https://www.dailyposter.com/biden-administration-may-shield-bank-linked-to-russian-oligarchs/

...and this:
Russian money flows through U.S. real estate
Despite new sanctions, Russians have spent years pouring funds into properties
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/real-estate/russian-money-flows-us-real-estate-rcna17723

Of course, this is nothing new. There's an occasional slap on the wrist, like the old HSBC money laundering scandal:

HSBC pays record $1.9bn fine to settle US money-laundering accusations
Bank guilty of 'blatant failure' to implement money-laundering controls and willfully flouted sanctions, US prosecutors say
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2012/dec/11/hsbc-bank-us-money-laundering

Bottom line: The U.S. financial sector is utterly dependent on "dirty money", invested in U.S. assets & institutions by unsavory characters throughout the world.

Whether it's military intervention, or financial, the adage remains the same: "Be careful what you wish for."

...and then there's China...

I often listen to the McAlvany Weekly Commentary. In this episode, they discuss some of the implications of cutting Russia off from the SWIFT system.
The SWIFT De-Dollarization of the World
DiabloWags
bearister said:

I'm pretty sure any soldier that surrendered is a dead man if they return to Mother Russia.
Is that why we havent heard from BearFarce in the last 72 hours?
WalterSobchak
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

Is that why we havent heard from BearFarce in the last 72 hours?

We can only hope.
dajo9
cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

As I mentioned on another thread, the Trump-Putin network is deeply embedded in the U.S. banking / private equity / real estate / international oligarch network.
Not to mention the cbbass family
cbbass1
dajo9 said:

cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

As I mentioned on another thread, the Trump-Putin network is deeply embedded in the U.S. banking / private equity / real estate / international oligarch network.
Putin is an anti-democratic, authoritarian dictator & oligarch, seeking to expand his sphere of influence. He's my political enemy.

The U.S. NeoCons are also anti-democratic authoritarian oligarchs, seeking to expand their sphere of influence. They're my political enemies, too. They're the ones calling for "regime change" in Russia, as they did back in 2016.

U.S. NeoCons have a terrible tradition of refusing to understand the desires & motivations of their opponents, and far too willing to embrace "the enemy of my enemy." This is how we got to this point -- by funding neo-Nazis militias in Eastern Ukraine, and Al Qaeda in Syria, authoritarians in Saudi Arabia, etc. "Blowback" is a thing.

Given that the U.S. and Russia hold 90% of the world's nuclear weapons, pardon me for attempting to keep millions of innocent people from being vaporized.

Unit2Sucks
cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

Labor Department proposal would waive penalty for convicted bank Credit Suisse, whose donors gave more than $100,000 to Biden's campaign.
https://www.dailyposter.com/biden-administration-may-shield-bank-linked-to-russian-oligarchs/

Sorry but it's so disingenuous to pretend like $117k in donations from a number of individuals who happen to work at a global investment bank is going to move the needle for Biden's labor department. The Biden campaign raised over $1B. Do you honestly believe that they are going to bend over backwards because rank and file employees wrote small checks? That's just not how the world works.

Now I have no idea why CS is getting a proposed waiver or what's really going on here but you can be damn sure this isn't about measly campaign contributions.
cbbass1
Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

Sorry but it's so disingenuous to pretend like $117k in donations from a number of individuals who happen to work at a global investment bank is going to move the needle for Biden's labor department. The Biden campaign raised over $1B. Do you honestly believe that they are going to bend over backwards because rank and file employees wrote small checks? That's just not how the world works.

Now I have no idea why CS is getting a proposed waiver or what's really going on here but you can be damn sure this isn't about measly campaign contributions.
Agreed that the reported $117k in employee donations is only the tip of the iceberg. But because of the Citizens United v FEC decision, the bulk of whatever $$$ & influence is in play goes unreported. That's the "Dark Money" that's such a corrosive influence on our system.

When I linked to the Daily Poster article, I was more focused on the Labor Dept's penalty waiver for Credit Suisse than I was on their employees' campaign contributions. I was trusting that BI's educated readers would read between the lines, and realize that there's more to it than a responsible reporter can ethically report.
Unit2Sucks
cbbass1 said:

Unit2Sucks said:

cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

Agreed that the reported $117k in employee donations is only the tip of the iceberg. But because of the Citizens United v FEC decision, the bulk of whatever $$$ & influence is in play goes unreported. That's the "Dark Money" that's such a corrosive influence on our system.

When I linked to the Daily Poster article, I was more focused on the Labor Dept's penalty waiver for Credit Suisse than I was on their employees' campaign contributions. I was trusting that BI's educated readers would read between the lines, and realize that there's more to it than a responsible reporter can ethically report.

What reason do you have to believe that CS is unique in this regard or that the waiver had something to do with these sinister influences? I don't disagree with the general sentiments by the way, I'm just skeptical of a lot of what I see with the media on these topics.

I've mentioned this before but something similar happened with the accusations that people were bribing Trump by taking office space in 555 California. Just total garbage.
dajo9
cbbass1 said:

dajo9 said:

cbbass1 said:

bearister said:

Putin is an anti-democratic, authoritarian dictator & oligarch, seeking to expand his sphere of influence. He's my political enemy.

The U.S. NeoCons are also anti-democratic authoritarian oligarchs, seeking to expand their sphere of influence. They're my political enemies, too. They're the ones calling for "regime change" in Russia, as they did back in 2016.

U.S. NeoCons have a terrible tradition of refusing to understand the desires & motivations of their opponents, and far too willing to embrace "the enemy of my enemy." This is how we got to this point -- by funding neo-Nazis militias in Eastern Ukraine, and Al Qaeda in Syria, authoritarians in Saudi Arabia, etc. "Blowback" is a thing.

Given that the U.S. and Russia hold 90% of the world's nuclear weapons, pardon me for attempting to keep millions of innocent people from being vaporized.

Who called for regime change in Russia in 2016?

Neocons have been out of power for 14 years in America.
going4roses
Have they really ? Or did they morph into Neo liberals ?
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
going4roses
white Supremacy is going to white Supremacy… no matter where one is on this planet
dajo9
going4roses said:

Have they really ? Or did they morph into Neo liberals ?

Don't get me started on the stupidity of the term "neoliberal"
going4roses
Do tell ?
dajo9
going4roses said:

Do tell ?

Neoliberal is an academic word that basically means conservative. Conservatives love it because it makes liberals seem like the responsible party for failed conservative policies. The far left loves it because they hate liberals more than anything and love to make liberals look bad by making bad conservative policies sound like the fault of liberals. 90% hear the word neoliberal and just hear liberal, which is the whole point of the people who use that word outside an academic setting.
going4roses
Fair
BearForce2
GoOskie said:

I'm starting to worry.
Go!Bears
going4roses said:

Fair
Wow. I am impressed by both of you. Intelligent discourse on the OT board. Whodda thunk?

No sarcasm.
going4roses
True true

Respect gets respect (most of the time lol)
I am all about learning things about everything.
cbbass1
dajo9 said:

going4roses said:

Do tell ?

Neoliberal is an academic word that basically means conservative. Conservatives love it because it makes liberals seem like the responsible party for failed conservative policies. The far left loves it because they hate liberals more than anything and love to make liberals look bad by making bad conservative policies sound like the fault of liberals. 90% hear the word neoliberal and just hear liberal, which is the whole point of the people who use that word outside an academic setting.
"Neoliberalism" is a pretty well-defined economic ideology that encompasses the economic views of both U.S. political parties.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/neoliberalism

[ol]
A political ideology or ideological trend based on neoclassical economics that espouses economic liberalism, favouring trade liberalisation, financial deregulation, a small government, privatisation and liberalisation of government businesses, passive antitrust enforcement, accepting greater economic inequality and disfavouring unionisation.
  • Synonyms: economic rationalism, market liberalism Hyponyms: Reaganomics, Rogernomics, Thatcherism Hypernym: capitalism
  • [/ol]

In short, it describes the dominance of Capital over Labor.

The terms "Conservative" and "Liberal" are usually used in the context of social and political ideology, more so than economics. The terms have been used so widely, and used to justify so many different & sometimes conflicting positions, that there's no longer any broad consensus on what they really mean.

This is the economic ideology that the U.S. and the Western world are actively spreading throughout the world, via NATO, the EU, the WTO, NAFTA, etc.

As an economic ideology, Neoliberalism is incompatible with small-d democracy. Economic power and political power always go together. In Neoliberal economies, Capital holds the majority of economic and political power. This describes the U.S. economy today.

In the Social Democracies of the post-WW2 era (U.S., Western Europe), the balance of economic and political power between Labor and Capital was much closer to 50-50. Those economies were far healthier and more sustainable, and much more compatible with small-d democracy.

dajo9
    NY FBI field office worked hard to undermine the Hillary Clinton campaign and get Putin's guy, Donald Trump, elected President. Their FBI guy just got arrested for ties to Russia.

American Vermin
    dajo9
    Let's see how long it takes to get the 7 paragraph oppo-screed written, translated from Russian, and posted here by cal88.
    American Vermin
    Unit2Sucks
    dajo9 said:

NY FBI field office worked hard to undermine the Hillary Clinton campaign and get Putin's guy, Donald Trump, elected President. Their FBI guy just got arrested for ties to Russia.

Don't worry - the GOP is in charge of the house now and very interested in their oversight responsibility. Given how critical they are of the FBI, I'm sure they will meticulously investigate this issue and provide some much needed sober non-partisan analysis of these very troubling allegations.

Right after they finish all of the "biggest scandals in American history, the likes of which we've ever seen" like Hunter's d!c pics, Biden's documents, and any other fake scandal he can come up with.
    MinotStateBeav
    lets reform the headline

FBI official who investigated trump-russia ties arrested for having russian ties.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-fbi-official-who-investigated-trump-ties-to-russia-was-just-arrested-for-illegal-ties-to-russian-oligarch

McGonigal "is charged with violating US sanctions by trying to get Deripaska off the sanctions list," reports CBS.

SURPRISE SURPRISE...this was in 2018...I wonder who was President in 2018 that had Deripaska on the sanctions list....
    dajo9
    MinotStateBeav said:

lets reform the headline

FBI official who investigated trump-russia ties arrested for having russian ties.

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-fbi-official-who-investigated-trump-ties-to-russia-was-just-arrested-for-illegal-ties-to-russian-oligarch

McGonigal "is charged with violating US sanctions by trying to get Deripaska off the sanctions list," reports CBS.

SURPRISE SURPRISE...this was in 2018...I wonder who was President in 2018 that had Deripaska on the sanctions list....

Yes you pay kickbacks to friends, not enemies. What's your point? You think Trump would have responded better to Peter Strzok?
    American Vermin
    concordtom
    bearister said:

It's time to confront the Trump-Foxnews network

Fixed it for you.
    dajo9
    Trump's aide had classified material on her laptop. The 2019 college graduate, Chamberlain Harris, spent two months studying in Russia before moving right into Trump's White House as an intern. Today she is on Trump's payroll in his PAC's.

American Vermin
    oski003
    dajo9 said:

Trump's aide had classified material on her laptop. The 2019 college graduate, Chamberlain Harris, spent two months studying in Russia before moving right into Trump's White House as an intern. Today she is on Trump's payroll in his PAC's.

How old was she when the Russians got to her? Was this planned early, like the age of 10? Earlier than that? Is there anyone in government who has studied in Russia or China? Anyone here who has done so? Let's purge these traitors!!!
    Eastern Oregon Bear
    oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

How old was she when the Russians got to her? Was this planned early, like the age of 10? Earlier than that? Is there anyone in government who has studied in Russia or China? Anyone here who has done so? Let's purge these traitors!!!
    You're going to need to deflect harder than that.
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.