DeSantis - Florida Rejects 54 Math Books

2,842 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by dajo9
calpoly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Dajo, what exactly happened here? Where is this? Why were the books removed? Were they all removed by mandate? Who physically removed them? If they had to do this, what could this classroom have done to prevent this from happening? Why did they not do this?

Schools and teachers are too underresourced to comply with the authoritarian laws implemented by Desantis. Therefore all books are getting pulled rather than follow the strict big government rules of Republicans. This is what happens when you create a state of fear.

After researching your claim, I have concluded that the act of pulling all books from school shelves is grandstanding or a form of protest against laws they don't like. There is no state of fear. Hopefully, the schools figure out how to implement these laws without unduly burdening their students' educations. Hopefully, the lawmakers and enforcement authorities make clarifications and concessions, if necessary, that allow them to do so..
"After researching your claim..." Research is not reading the Epoch times!
dajo9
oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

oski003 said:

dajo9 said:

Desantis America

Dajo, what exactly happened here? Where is this? Why were the books removed? Were they all removed by mandate? Who physically removed them? If they had to do this, what could this classroom have done to prevent this from happening? Why did they not do this?

Schools and teachers are too underresourced to comply with the authoritarian laws implemented by Desantis. Therefore all books are getting pulled rather than follow the strict big government rules of Republicans. This is what happens when you create a state of fear.

After researching your claim, I have concluded that the act of pulling all books from school shelves is grandstanding or a form of protest against laws they don't like. There is no state of fear. Hopefully, the schools figure out how to implement these laws without unduly burdening their students' educations. Hopefully, the lawmakers and enforcement authorities make clarifications and concessions, if necessary, that allow them to do so..

Teachers are notoriously underfunded and stretched thin. The Republicans adding layers of big government bureaucracy to teacher work schedules is getting the result you'd expect. If Desantis wants to dictate what books are allowed and make it a felony to violate his rules then he should hire the workers to deal with his bureaucracy.

If I were a teacher I would take every effort to not be a cog in the machine of book banning.

Having no books on the shelves is a protest / political stunt against what is considered "book banning," and you agree with it. Got it.

Knowing there may be books on the shelf that may cause you to be charged with a felony makes removing all the books smart.

The price for self editing and making a mistake is extremely high.

Also, doing the dirty government work of book banning for them is distasteful and worthy of protest.

It's the smart thing to do and the moral thing to do.

The only way they could reasonably comply with the law without fear of felony arrest was to remove all books from the classroom? If true, that would be pretty crazy. Good thing it is a lie. As for the morality aspect, there are other ways to protest laws without depriving students of books altogether. They probably are not though. This classroom likely found a way to provide their students access to books because they can be resourceful. They just like the imagery of empty shelves.

Who said the "only" way? I said the "smart" way. Since you think teachers should put in this extra labor for no reward I recommend you go down to Florida and volunteer your time.
American Vermin
dajo9
American Vermin
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.