Return of the Wild West. Thank you, SCOTUS!

2,564 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by tequila4kapp
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

If they ever impose these favorable conceal carry laws on California, it is going to be real interesting for the police to pat down suspected criminals. When they feel the piece, the presumption is going to be it is legal. What happens next?

Excellent point.
dimitrig
DiabloWags said:

bearister said:

If they ever impose these favorable conceal carry laws on California, it is going to be real interesting for the police to pat down suspected criminals. When they feel the piece, the presumption is going to be it is legal. What happens next?

Excellent point.

I dunno. What happens in Texas? Why is California any different?

tequila4kapp
DiabloWags said:

tequila4kapp said:

I don't care to get into a debate about it but you do know there's a whole other body of work and line of reasoning to the opposite conclusion, including but not limited to the Heller decision.

Yes, Im aware of Heller.
Just like you're aware of "Trigger Laws" in regards to Roe v Wade, right?

????
I don't see your point, at all.

I'm not being antagonist when I suggest you read Heller, if you haven't already. I did last night for the 1st time. It is the most unique decision I've ever read - it goes phrase by phrase to explain the scope and meaning of the 2nd Am. You may not like/agree with the answer but it's right there for the reading and Scalia is extraordinarily skilled at explaining it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.