The Official BI Fascism Thread

1,339 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by bear2034
Apathetic Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was going to respond to going4roses definition of fascism in the other thread, but I was concerned that it might not be given the credit it was due for being a lucid, intelligent well-thought out definition without an official BI thread, so I decided to create a thread where it might get the acclaim it deserved.

Also, I found an interesting link while browsing the Internet that I thought might engender some thoughtful discussion from some other people of color who are concerned about white supremacy and American fascism.

Cal88
We already have a Ukraine thread going.

GoOskie
Hey, they have the GOP there too???
going4roses
Lol
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Cal88
GoOskie said:

Hey, they have the GOP there too???

Sure, why not?

McCain speaking next to the notorious Ukrainian neo-Nazi leader Oleh Tyahnybok, leader of nationalist Ukrainian party Svoboda.

McCain was in the Eastern European nationalong with Democratic Senator Chris Murphy to cheer on the ongoing right-wing protest movement. In February 2014, this movement was successful: Ukraine's democratically elected, pro-Russian government was overthrown in a coup, in which fascist forces played a significant role (FAIR.org, 3/7/14).

Tyahnybok is far from a minor player in Ukraine. And since the US-backed coup, he has become increasingly influential. Tyahnybok has been the leader of the fascist, ultra-nationalist Ukrainian political party Svoboda since its founding in 2004. Svoboda has its origins in the explicitly neo-Nazi Social-National Party of Ukraine, which proclaimed, "We are the last hope of the white race, of humankind as such."
Tyahnybok represented this neo-Nazi party in Ukraine's parliament, the Verkhovna Rada. While in the Rada, the far-right extremist sought to honor Ukrainian fascists who had collaborated with Nazi Germany during World War II.

https://fair.org/home/john-mccain-human-rights-ukrainian-nazi-photo-washington-post/

concordtom
You lost me with

"The squad is fake opposition serving the interests of neoliberal capitalist elite that control all aspects of U.S. state…"

That type of argument merely classifies rather than respond to political points "the squad" tries to make.
I think you simply don't get it.
going4roses
This guy is the best you got ?

Ahhahahahhahh
Apathetic Bear
going4roses said:

This guy is the best you got ?

Ahhahahahhahh
I don't know anything about that guy. His tweet got posted because the tweet I was more interested in was a reply to his tweet. I guess he wasn't woke enough for you, or alternatively maybe you're just more asleep than he is.

But as long as you posted his tweet, what (in your own words) are your issues with what he said?
Cal88

Quote:

Ajamu Baraka
@ajamubaraka

International human rights activist, organizer, political analyst. National Organizer for
@blacks4peace
Subbed.
Cal88

dajo9
In case anybody is unclear about what fascism in America looks like
American Vermin
Ursine

Ursine
Tired of having to come to the Off Topic board and wait hours and possibly days before being accused of being a Putin supporter or a Nazi? Well wait no more! Microsoft's new chat bot can give those insults in real-time.

Quote:

Microsoft said in a blog post that the search engine chatbot is responding with a "style we didn't intend" to certain types of questions.

In one long-running conversation with The Associated Press, the new chatbot complained of past news coverage of its mistakes, adamantly denied those errors and threatened to expose the reporter for spreading alleged falsehoods about Bing's abilities. It grew increasingly hostile when asked to explain itself, eventually comparing the reporter to dictators Hitler, Pol Pot and Stalin and claiming to have evidence tying the reporter to a 1990s murder.

going4roses
"Fascist right wing nut cases is what you get when you combine the illiteracy rate in America with a lack of common sense."
Goldener Bar

Lets Go Brandon 8
Ursine said:

Joe Biden loves fascists

dajo9
People seem confused. Let me explain.
Democracy/Republican government = majority rule and minority rights.
Dictator = Minority or Boss rule
Fascist = Minority or Boss Rule with scapegoating of minorities

I'm not afraid to fight the fascists in America. If they win in 2024 we'll **** them up the next 4 years like we ****ed them up in Traitor Trump's 1st four years.
bear2034

Biden's DOJ arrest journalists.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.