The Official "How Gullible are LIberals, Anyway?" Thread

8,414 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by The Ghoul
Apathetic Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Figured the forum was suffering from too many unofficial threads and I didn't see anyone else jumping up to make this one, so I took it upon myself to do the heavy lifting.

I'm hoping that as a community, we can come together under the common umbrella of our Cal fandom to celebrate the aloha spirit and get contributions from multiple valued long-time community members.

dajo9
American Vermin
Apathetic Bear

AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
calpoly
Apathetic Bear said:

Truth hurts doesn't it!
heartofthebear
I'm a liberal and I am not naive enough to believe anything the right tries to sell me on, including yet another attempt here to create a narrative that will never triumph over facts. FWIW, I don't believe most of what the Dems. try to sell me on either. And I stopped donating the the DNC years ago because they prevent the left from getting any leverage in the party.

As a true crime fan, I respond to evidence not here-say. Whether or not the documents were planted will come down to evidence, not any sort of political narrative, false equivalencies or pathetic attempts by the right wing to act like they are victims

What biden says is 10,000,000,000 times more credible than pathological liar Trump. And that doesn't mean I feel I have to trust Biden on anything. I trust the investigative process.

GoOskie
calpoly said:

Apathetic Bear said:

Truth hurts doesn't it!
pathetic bear thinks demos are fascists and liars. Just wait until he finds out about the GOP!
DiabloWags
The Party of NO!
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
Apathetic Bear
GoOskie said:

calpoly said:

Apathetic Bear said:

Truth hurts doesn't it!
pathetic bear thinks demos are fascists and liars. Just wait until he finds out about the GOP!
Oh, I don't just think they're liars and fascists. I know that they are. The GOP being liars too doesn't make Democratic fascism and lying OK.

AunBear89
It might make for a more compelling argument if you actually understood the definition of "fascist". Pro tip: it doesn't mean "people I don't like and disagree with".
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
GoOskie
The post millennial? Really?
Ursine

Ursine

Ursine

Cocaine Bear

MinotStateBeav
concordtom
Apathetic Bear said:

The Official "How Gullible are LIberals, Anyway?" Thread

Dear AB,
What the hell do YOU care?
Goldener Bar

BearHunter

How gullible are liberals anyway?
Well, are the walls closing in again?
Eastern Oregon Bear
BearHunter said:

Who exactly has been saying "The walls are closing in"? I may have seen it once or twice from the liberal side, but the vast majority has been from you right wingers. I don't remember it all before the last year or two.
Goldener Bar
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

BearHunter said:

Who exactly has been saying "The walls are closing in"? I may have seen it once or twice from the liberal side, but the vast majority has been from you right wingers. I don't remember it all before the last year or two.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Goldener Bar said:

BearHunter said:

OK, that covers one week out of a seven year period.
dajo9

Goldener Bar said:

BearHunter said:

OK, that covers one week out of a seven year period.

Lots of that is from impeachment which is a process to remove the President from office and. . . he has been removed from office by the American people.

Twice impeached. Twice indicted. Multiple times posted up for civil $ penalties. Multiple cronies sent to prison. But yeah. Everything is fine here.
American Vermin
Goldener Bar

Goldener Bar

Ray Willsey

BearHunter
Did Adam Kinzinger just say the quiet part out loud?
DiabloWags
Welcome to the wonderful world of TROLLS at Bearinsider where the same person repeatedly posts under different user names using a proxy server.

Eastern Oregon Bear
U And An Actual Crane said:

Bridgegate

Quote:

For every day and every scandal of his presidency, President Biden could count on unflinching, irrevocable support from the Washington Post and its devoted readers.

That ended Tuesday.

Traffic on one of America's busiest roads in the Washington area screeched to a halt for hours during the evening rush hour.

Biden was heading out to hit up rich Democrats for hefty campaign contributions at a fundraiser in ritzy Chevy Chase, Md., and Team Biden shut down the Beltway so Biden's motorcade could travel unseen and unimpeded by any peasants.

The shutdown caused more than five miles of backups and sowed disruptions for hours after it ended.

There's nothing new in this. I've been stuck in closures on 280 going into SF when both Reagan and Clinton were headed into San Francisco from the airport for some appearance. My mom got caught up in one when Queen Elizabeth was touring the renegade portions of the Commonwealth.

I'm sure it happens more often in DC despite the use of helicopters, but that can't be used everywhere the President goes. Frankly, having lived in DC for 6 years, 5-10 mph stop and go traffic is fairly normal after work on the Beltway. I hated living there.
Big C
10% For The Big Guy said:

The Democrats can be ridiculous, unrealistic, often disingenuous and occasionally even as half as self-centered as the Republicans. That said, people who take shots at them, what's their plan that's so great? Because some of us would listen...
Eastern Oregon Bear
Big C said:

The Democrats can be ridiculous, unrealistic, often disingenuous and occasionally even as half as self-centered as the Republicans. That said, people who take shots at them, what's their plan that's so great? Because some of us would listen...
They have no plan because thinking up a plan is hard. It's easier to complain about whatever the other side is doing. That's why the Republicans dropped their party platform and any pretense of having a plan. The Democrats aren't much better but they have a party platform and at least give lip service to it.

I guess Yogi's plan is more Trump, as if that worked so well last time.
bearister
Goldener Bar said:

We understand you believe the same theory with regard to those that claim Ross Perot cost Bush the Elder the Election against Clinton.

……and everyone knows that it was Jeb Bush and the SCOTUS that "delivered" the 2000 Election to Dubya.

*….and the richest thing of all is that RFK JR, the current darling of Republicans, wrote and OpEd in the run up to the 2000 Election bashing Ralph Nader for siphoning off votes from Gore.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Big C

Big C said:

You would listen. But let's be real, this forum ceased to be a place for genuine discussion in 2016. Guys like Eastern Oregon Bear - it's just a waste of time.

For now, the only thing to do with your vote is to vote out every incumbent while knowing that their replacement will be bought by the same people who bought the current guy and that nothing will ever change. At least they might begin to understand that there are consequences for not doing anything for the people who voted them in.

Honestly, when I look at what Old Joe Biden has done and compare it with what I imagine Trump would've done, the difference is very significant. Same with if Rodham Clinton had won, or if Gore had won in 2000.

Isn't there some semi-meaningful-but-trite saying about this? The enemy of the something-something whatever is not the something-blah-blah-blah...
BearHunter
Big C said:

Honestly, when I look at what Old Joe Biden has done and compare it with what I imagine Trump would've done, the difference is very significant. Same with if Rodham Clinton had won, or if Gore had won in 2000.

Isn't there some semi-meaningful-but-trite saying about this? The enemy of the something-something whatever is not the something-blah-blah-blah...

Old Joe Biden or Robert. L. Peters to you.
Eastern Oregon Bear

Big C said:

They have no plan because thinking up a plan is hard. It's easier to complain about whatever the other side is doing. That's why the Republicans dropped their party platform and any pretense of having a plan. The Democrats aren't much better but they have a party platform and at least give lip service to it.
You live in such a binary world that you think anyone who criticizes Democrats likes Trump or the GOP. It is entirely valid to say that both sides suck and that money is going to dictate what the government does regardless of who is in office.
I thought I'd go back and see where you've criticized Trump and the GOP in recent posts. However, it appears that your account was created yesterday morning and you only have 8 messages on this new burner account. Did the admins shut you down again? Congrats on your resurrection.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.