FAUX NEWS - Dominion Lawsuit

2,187 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by bear2034
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In court documents, Rupert Murdoch says that Fox News continued airing Mike Lindell's ads even after his voter fraud rants ... because of how much GREEN Lindell provided for the network.

Murdoch went on to admit in his deposition that he could have pulled Lindell's MyPillow advertisements, but did not. This was even after the pillow CEO had made wild, unsubstantiated claims about voter fraud on Fox News' programs, per Dominion's court filing.

"It is not red or blue, it is green" - - - Murdoch agreed during his deposition.

Rupert Murdoch said Fox News continued airing Mike Lindell's ads even after his voter fraud rants because of how much 'green' Lindell provided for the network: court filing (yahoo.com)
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
DiabloWags
Murdoch is literally burying himself.

Aware of the Fake Narrative at Faux, had the power to stop it, and did nothing about it.

Concerned about the stock price, people switching to Newsmax because Faux called Arizona (early and correctly) for Biden, etc.

Hahahahahaha!

Too funny!
concordtom
American Democracy undone by the undeniable promise of more money coming from "pillow sales ads". Incredible!!

Global oil market, I get.
But, pillow sales????
concordtom
This is must read material.
For shock.
For laughter.
For history.

The NYTimes has assembled a summary of internal Fox communication showing how they chased their radical viewers in order to sell more ad revenue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/inside-3-months-could-cost-115423059.html
concordtom
I'm cackling!
This saga is all so very shocking and horrid.

I'd love to be a jurist on the case. They are going to get a masterclass on how news media works to capture eyeballs for high ad revenue. In this case, it had nothing to do with facts. Zombie eyeballs yearning to be fed.

Viewers fled to radical Newsmax, which aired the election lies. Fox quickly shifted and chased.

To wit, read this tidbit:

Nov. 19

When Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, members of Trump's legal team, held a news conference and spouted elaborate conspiracy theories about stolen votes, Kristin Fisher, a correspondent who covered the White House for Fox News, reported on it for the network. Her report was full of fact-checks and highly skeptical too skeptical for her higher-ups at Fox News.
Shortly after she got off the air, she received an angry call from her boss, Bryan Boughton. She described it at length in her deposition.

Q:
What did Mr. (Bryan) Boughton say to you?

Fisher:
He expressed his great unhappiness with my live shot. He emphasized that higher-ups at Fox News were also unhappy with it. And he told me that I needed to do a better job of respect this is a quote "respecting our audience."

Q:
"Was it your understanding that you had done something that was disrespectful of Fox's audience?"

Fisher:
"No. I believed that I was respecting our audience by telling them the truth."

A few weeks after her coverage of the event, Fisher texted a colleague to complain that she had effectively been pulled off the air ever since…

Tom here again:
"Respecting the audience."
That's code for "feed them the lies they want to hear so we can increase ratings and sell ads for more money."
This is a corruption of the industry.
"Do no harm?" This is the equivalent of a doctor keeping a patient unhealthy so they can continue to treat them.

It's all so very disgusting! But as my wife just said, "most people won't digest it, won't care", and it won't move the needle.

Whether Fox settles out of court or the entire ugly array gets broadcast on live tv and they pay the $1.6B penalty in full, they'll be back to the same, because that's what works in the marketplace - just like druggies who want to keep on doing drugs.

Sigh.
Are you capturing all this??? I'm appalled! Hahaha.
You have to read the article! Its really unbelievable that Fox allowed all this to become public. Truly damning - for those of us with a brain.
concordtom
Hannity:

"We need to manage this.

I can't keep defending these (honest) reporters who don't understand our viewers or how to handle stories."

Oh my god, this is sick!
And hilarious at the same time.
Truly unbelievable!!!!
I can't wait for the feature film!!!! Hahaha, these people are laughingstocks!!!

Fire them all immediately and start over from scratch. What a **** show!!!
Unit2Sucks
One of Tucker's producers filed a lawsuit against Fox News that is chock full of information that no credible person can say they are surprised by. Like all modern media businesses, Fox News is driven by the bottom line but unlike other credible providers, it has close to no integrity and apparently removed any line between the opinion side of the house and the news side.
Quote:

"It's another example of Fox News not only shying away from the truth, but attempting to bury the truth," Filippatos told CNN.

"Fox just does not care," Grossberg added. "It summarizes everything perfectly. They don't care about their employees … and they don't care about their viewers."

In her lawsuits, Grossberg also made a number of eye-popping allegations about the workplace environment at Fox News, accusing the network of rampant sexism.

Grossberg, who indicated she was passed over for a top job on Bartiromo's show because the network preferred it be filled by a male, said Fox News executives referred to the "Sunday Mornings Futures" host as a "crazy b**ch" and "menopausal."

When she began work on Carlson's show, Grossberg said the environment was horrific. On her first day, she said she learned the show's workspace was decorated with large photos of then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi "in a plunging bathing suit revealing her cleavage."

"Grossberg was mortified by what she was witnessing and began to experience a sinking feeling in her stomach as it became apparent how pervasive the misogyny and drive to embarrass and objectify women was among the male staff at ['Tucker Carlson Tonight']," the lawsuit filed in New York said.

The lawsuit continued to describe a culture at Carlson's program in which women were subjected to crude terms and in which jokes about Jewish people were made out in the open. Grossberg named Carlson and members of his staff in the lawsuit filed in New York.

Filippatos said that Grossberg has "ample documentary evidence in all forms to support a broad swath" of the allegations made in the lawsuits.

Grossberg told CNN that she filed her lawsuit in hopes that it will spur change at the network and because she believed it "was the only step" she had to regain her pride and save her career. Grossberg said she wanted to "expose the lies and deceit" that she "witnessed for years" on two of Fox News' biggest shows.
"I've covered many stories while I have been there," Grossberg told CNN. "Dominion is just a small portion. And I've witnessed it from the very beginning until my last day of work last week."

"It's constant," she added. "Ratings are very important to the shows, to the network, and to the hosts. It's a business and that's what drives coverage."

bearister
I think Marjorie Taylor Greene is on to something with regard to splitting up the country. This judicial result is hard to believe:

Judge tosses out disciplinary action against Sidney Powell for work on Trump election reversal bid - CNNPolitics

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/23/politics/sidney-powell-disciplinary-action-tossed/index.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
DiabloWags
Faux is trying to stop Rupert Murdoch from testifying in person at the Dominion Trial.

Hahahahahaaaaaa!

Lawyers for Fox News were met with skepticism Tuesday when they argued that Fox Corp. Chairman Rupert Murdoch should be excused from testifying in court as part of Dominion Voting Systems' $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit against the company.

At a hearing in Delaware Superior Court, Judge Eric Davis said he'd received a letter from Fox saying it would be an "inconvenience" for Murdoch, 92, to provide testimony in the courtroom.

Murdoch, the judge said, is "hardly infirm." The judge said that after receiving the letter he was told that Murdoch had just gotten engaged and was discussing plans to travel more in the coming years an apparent reference to an interview the recently divorced media mogul gave to his New York Post last week, where he announced his engagement to Ann Lesley Smith, 66. The article said the couple planned to spend their time between California, the United Kingdom, Montana and New York.

"That doesn't sound like someone who can't go from New York to Wilmington," the judge said.
Fox tries to stop Rupert Murdoch from testifying in person at the Dominion trial (yahoo.com)
DiabloWags
Oh Boy!

A judge just delivered a crushing blow to Fox News in Dominion's defamation lawsuit (yahoo.com)
concordtom
FOX CHICKENS OUT!!

$787.5 M
DiabloWags

bearister
Gee, I hope this doesn't have a "chilling effect" on the dissemination of fake news by the Right.

People like Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingraham, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, tRump (including spawn), Rudy Giuliani, Sydney Powell, etc. now are on notice that talk may be cheap in False Allegation World, but when you get taken to task in Reality World (you know, that place where facts, evidence and burdens of proof reign supreme), it may cost you when you shoot your mouth off to rile up your moronic, Q conspiracy spouting hillbilly base.

F Fox News!

going4roses
Is it true they can write off this loss
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
DiabloWags
going4roses said:

Is it true they can write off this loss

I believe so.

That's because federal law allows taxpayers to write off many legal costs, providing that they are "ordinary and necessary" business expenses. The IRS has repeatedly affirmed this for major corporations. Paying out settlements is just part of the cost of doing business.

AunBear89
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
DiabloWags
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

BYE BYE.
DiabloWags
FAUX NEWS SUED AGAIN for DEFAMATION.

An expert who once oversaw a Department of Homeland Security disinformation board filed a defamation suit Wednesday against Fox News, her lawyer said.

Nina Jankowicz said in the suit, filed in Delaware state court, that she was subjected to violent threats because of Fox News' portrayal of her and her role, which included insults made on the network.

"Fox's coverage of Jankowicz was neither news nor political commentary; it was cheap, easy entertainment untethered from the facts, designed to make consumers believe that Jankowicz could and would suppress their speech," her attorneys wrote in the suit. "Fox chose to lie about Jankowicz deliberately."

Former DHS disinformation expert sues Fox News for defamation (yahoo.com)

bear2034
University of Michigan Professor of Computer Science and Engineering J. Halderman and Security Researcher and Assistant Professor at Auburn University Drew Sringall collaborated on the report where they discovered many exploitable vulnerabilities in the Dominion Voting Systems' ImageCast X system.

Far-left Georgia Judge Amy Totenberg sealed and covered up the results of the investigation on Dominion voting machines in Georgia and sat on the report for two years until its release last summer.

The report confirms that votes can be altered in the Dominion voting machines. In fact, the report reveals that the Dominion software is vulnerable and can be hacked.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger hid this information from the public until June 2023.

Professor Halderman also tweeted out that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger will not install Dominion's security patches before the 2024 election.

Now, Secretary Raffensperger refuses to testify before the court in January 2024 regarding the state's voting machines.
AunBear89
MAGA BearFarce working overtime!
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
bearister
I'm sure Fox News (that wrote a check a whisker under $900M) finds this very comforting as does Rudy "Boiled Onion Brain" Giuliani.

The only world where your nonsense will have any relevance is a world where tRump has become dictator and eliminated the right to a jury trial. Until that time, wealthy people who spout lies will get crushed financially by large defamation damages verdicts and lunatics that commit felonies because of their non fact supported beliefs, like the January 6 Insurrectionists, will continue to accept plea deals or get convicted and then go to prison.

….and taxpayers will continue to pay endless millions of dollars for Republican investigations and criminal indictments of Democrats that are bridges to nowhere because juries convict on the basis of facts, not unsubstantiated allegations.
Eastern Oregon Bear
bear2034 said:

University of Michigan Professor of Computer Science and Engineering J. Halderman and Security Researcher and Assistant Professor at Auburn University Drew Sringall collaborated on the report where they discovered many exploitable vulnerabilities in the Dominion Voting Systems' ImageCast X system.

Far-left Georgia Judge Amy Totenberg sealed and covered up the results of the investigation on Dominion voting machines in Georgia and sat on the report for two years until its release last summer.

The report confirms that votes can be altered in the Dominion voting machines. In fact, the report reveals that the Dominion software is vulnerable and can be hacked.

Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger hid this information from the public until June 2023.

Professor Halderman also tweeted out that Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger will not install Dominion's security patches before the 2024 election.

Now, Secretary Raffensperger refuses to testify before the court in January 2024 regarding the state's voting machines.
That something could be done doesn't prove that it was done. You could use your car to run over people on a downtown sidewalk but you shouldn't be charged with anything unless you actually do that.
bear2034
Rudy still makes the libs moist. He knows they know the election was stolen.
bear2034

By broadcasting that Georgia is not going to patch, Sec of State, Raffensperger, has given would-be adversaries a whole 18 months to develop and execute attacks that exploit the known-vulnerable machines prior to the 2024 election.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.