Tucker Carlson apologizing for defending Iraq War among other things.

2,626 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MinotStateBeav
MinotStateBeav
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I understand the maximum contempt that will come with posting this lol..have at it.
dajo9
Glenn Greenwald spends much of his time attacking journalists who opposed the Iraq War during the Iraq War
American Vermin
DiabloWags
MinotStateBeav said:

I understand the maximum contempt that will come with posting this lol..have at it.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
GoOskie
tuck's only apologizing because he knows that's the latest thing for trumpers to do: boast about being anti war. Which is remarkable considering conservative's/republican's historical love for war.
This just in: Republicans find another whistleblower who claims Hillary's emails were proven to be on Hunter's laptop while Obama spied on tRump as he sat (shat?) upon his golden toilet. Gym Jordan afraid whistle blower may be in danger of abduction by aliens in cahoots with Democrats.
BearGoggles
This is not new. He's been acknowledging he was wrong about Iraq for years.

He makes an interesting point about sourcing and investigation. Even if the person making a claim or advocating a policy is a bad/weird/immoral person, what really matters is whether the claim is true or the policy is correct. Lots of people on this board attack/defend the person (which often is easy) rather than the claim/policy.
bearister
GoOskie said:

tuck's only apologizing because he knows that's the latest thing for trumpers to do: boast about being anti war. Which is remarkable considering conservative's/republican's historical love for war.

…and isolationist Pat Buchanan called them out on it in 2003:

Whose War? - The American Conservative

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/whose-war/
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
MinotStateBeav said:

So he admits he was wrong before. Why do you trust him now?
MinotStateBeav
dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Can you post a screenshot of a man who's never wrong?
dimitrig
MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I can post one of a man who is always wrong:

MinotStateBeav
dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

I can post one of a man who is always wrong:

So no..you can't. Thanks.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

dimitrig said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Paul Krugman was right about the Iraq War, the housing bubble, and the Great Recession stimulus but because he has been wrong about some other things you completely dismiss him.

I don't think Tucker Carlson was right about any of those 3 issues that defined that decade.
American Vermin
dajo9
I will add that being right about those things when the conventional wisdom was so wrong greatly damaged Krugman's career because of the forces unleashed against him to discredit him in any way imaginable for every mistake he ever made.
American Vermin
AunBear89
Another hallmark of the Liars, Hypocrites, and Morons Party is their insistence that the perfect be the enemy of the good.
Cal88
A great example of why Tucker Carlson is the best pundit on cable TV, this is arguably the best commentary I have seen on the modern decline of the American economy:

Most liberals on this board behave in a compulsive, tribal manner and are practically incapable of acknowledging that this kind of penetrating coverage by Carlson actually is outstanding.

They also don't understand that Carlson is at deep odds with the Murdochs and the Fox management, who are squarely on the side of the Paul Singers and the GOP politicians in his pocket.

Carlson has also been consistently at odds with the Lindseys, Cottons and other neocon creeps that have infested the GOP since Dubya's crowd took it over. Instead of praising him for this, the average liberal will side with the compulsive warmongers on Syria or the Ukraine.

I disagree with Carlson about China and a few other topics, but overall he's still the best cable pundit, by a wide margin.

dajo9
Cal88 said:

A great example of why Tucker Carlson is the best pundit on cable TV, this is arguably the best commentary I have seen on the modern decline of the American economy:

Most liberals on this board behave in a compulsive, tribal manner and are practically incapable to acknowledge that this kind of penetrating coverage by Carlson actually is outstanding.

They also don't understand that Carlson is at deep odds with the Murdochs and the Fox management, who are squarely on the side of the Paul Singers and the GOP politicians in his pocket.

Carlson has also been consistently at odds with the Lindseys, Cottons and other neocon creeps that have infested the GOP since Dubya's crowd took it over. Instead of praising him for this, the average liberal will side with the compulsive warmongers on Syria or the Ukraine.

I disagree with Carlson about China and a few other topics, but overall he's still the best cable pundit, by a wide margin.

That makes sense. You and Tucker Carlson have a lot in common

American Vermin
AunBear89
dajo9 said:

Cal88 said:

Most liberals on this board behave in a compulsive, tribal manner and are practically incapable to acknowledge that this kind of penetrating coverage by Carlson actually is outstanding.

That makes sense. You and Tucker Carlson have a lot in common

Liars, hypocrites, and morons. Which one are you, 88? You can be more than one, even all three.
Cal88
^Since you've asked, I'm sagittarius, ascendant scorpio.

Do we have to wait till the next passage of Halley's Comet for you to make a somewhat coherent comment with relevant content?
Unit2Sucks
Tucker is a crisis actor for white grievance.

Fox argued in court that he was an actor and not to take him seriously. We also know based on his texts (and those of people around him) that it's all a front and yet we still have disingenuous, bad faith people pretending that the character he plays on TV is reflective of anything other than what he thinks will give him the best monetization off the rubes who form his audience.

But sure, I am not surprised that his radicalized followers think his performances are oscar-worthy.
MinotStateBeav
Unit2Sucks said:

Fox argued in court that he was an actor and not to take him seriously.
Yep, they used the same defense Maddow used a year prior.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

No they didn't. Maddow did not use that defense. The Maddow judge used similar comments and liars on the right keep repeating that Maddow used Tucker's defense. She did not.
American Vermin
MinotStateBeav
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

No they didn't. Maddow did not use that defense. The Maddow judge used similar comments and liars on the right keep repeating that Maddow used Tucker's defense. She did not.
Truth stings I see.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Truth stings I see.

Provide evidence to support your claim
American Vermin
AunBear89
dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

dajo9 said:

MinotStateBeav said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Truth stings I see.

Provide evidence to support your claim

Minot: "What is this 'evidence' you keep talking about? I know what I feel, and what Fox News tells me to think, but I don't know nothing about 'evidence'. "
MinotStateBeav

For Dajo

Making Aunbear look like an idiot #458323.
dajo9
MinotStateBeav said:

For Dajo

Making Aunbear look like an idiot #458323.

Why don't you post the article? Are you afraid context and nuance will make you look stupid again?
American Vermin
AunBear89
"Look stupid"? We passed that off ramp a long time ago.
AunBear89
Once again for the dim witted and easily duped: evidence comes from reputable sources, not random Twitter accounts nor right wing screamers on YouTube.

Thanks for playing.
MinotStateBeav
AunBear89 said:

Once again for the dim witted and easily duped: evidence comes from reputable sources, not random Twitter accounts nor right wing screamers on YouTube.

Thanks for playing.
He's reading the article, I choose this because I figured it might be easier for you when he was using big words.

MinotStateBeav
Found this interesting. Remember when Tucker tried to set up a interview with Putin and our intel services put a stop to it...

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.