Fun Friday Challenge: Predict Trump's Running Mate

3,818 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bearister
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dimitrig said:

Big C said:

Cal88 said:

heartofthebear said:

BearHunter said:

heartofthebear said:

Chris Christie
Christie already said he won't vote for Donald Trump if he was the nominee. Christie would make a perfect running mate for Newsom.
You entirely missed my point.
What Chris Christie says about Trump can be taken with a grain of salt.
He's a liar and has changed his position on Trump plenty of times, just like every other high profile Republican politician.

BTW, why do you think Newsom would need a Republican to win the general election?
He doesn't need Christie or any Republican to get Republican and independent votes.
Newsom is very politically wise, if nothing else, and I trust he would pick a good running mate. It probably would not be Williamson or Kennedy.

To your point though, Elizabeth Cheney and Newsom would be a very interesting ticket.

So you think Biden is not fit enough to run next year? I don't think he is right now, but not many establishment Democrats would acknowledge that...

Semi-establishment Democrat here. I am concerned about Biden's age. I think he's okay right now (the dude's always been a bit of a ding-bat), but I'm worried about a guy that would be going from 81-85. Not quite Feinstein Territory, but gettin' up there. It's the elephant in the room, for sure, and this is when one starts to wonder if Kamala Harris, who checked a lot of boxes in 2020, might not be so great in 2024..

Newsom-Cheney would be a great ticket: Yin/Yang. Ain't gonna happen though, but Newsom > Biden > any of the GOP possibilities.

Why would you want Liz Cheney on the ticket?

I don't want her anywhere near the White House. She voted for legislation favored by Trump 93% of the time.

Only if it were believed to make Newsom more electable. Otherwise, as you said, no. (Somebody else mentioned her first and, as I wrote, ain't gonna happen anyway.)
bearister
tRump is never going to die because he is either an extraterrestrial or a demon who intends to rule earth for a 1000 years.

If Newsom runs, tRump will command Guilfoyle,*who doesn't remotely appear sane anymore, to make up some sort of perverted story about Gavin that allegedly occurred during their marriage.

*BTW, Guilfoyle never got past the misdemeanor and preliminary hearing stage of her prosecutor career. She was Jim Hammer's bag carrier in the dogs that murdered the Gaels female coach case. She is a resume puffer.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dimitrig
bearister said:

tRump is never going to die because he is either an extraterrestrial or a demon who intends to rule earth for a 1000 years.

If Newsom runs, tRump will command Guilfoyle,*who doesn't remotely appear sane anymore, to make up some sort of perverted story about Gavin that allegedly occurred during their marriage.

*BTW, Guilfoyle never got past the misdemeanor and preliminary hearing stage of her prosecutor career. She was Jim Hammer's bag carrier in the dogs that murdered the Gaels female coach case. She is a resume puffer.

Why are they lying on the floor and what is wrong with her lips?

Cal88
BearHunter
OsoDorado said:

Open to posters of all persuasions. Add any comments you wish, but please begin with answering this simple question:

Assuming Trump is still alive and wins the GOP nomination regardless of the circumstances, who is the person you predict (as a presumably savvy Cal Alum) he will name as his running mate?

I will submit my prediction later. In terms of commentary, I'm most interested in the rationale behind your prediction ....
2024: Most Trump Voters Say VP Choice Doesn't Matter

More than half of U.S. voters say they're likely to vote for former President Donald Trump in next year's election.

More At Rasmussen Reports:
https://*******.com/msw7k9sw

GOP Only:
If he chose for a VP Running Mate-
A woman: 9%
A Black person: 2%
A non-politician: 13%
The choice would not make much diff: 70%
Not Sure: 7%

Democrats Only:
(30% of all DEM's now say they are likely to vote Trump)
A woman: 27%
A Black person: 22%
A non-politician: 16%
The choice would not make much diff: 27%
Not Sure: 8%

Independents Only:
(50% of IND's now say they are likely to vote Trump)
A woman: 9%
A Black person: 9%
A non-politician: 19%
The choice would not make much diff: 56%
Not Sure: 7%
bearister

*Those hands were over active and in need of a task
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.