The Official World War III Thread

1,157 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by bear2034
Palestinian Chicken
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bearister

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bear2034
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
bear2034

"Don't."

- Joe
DiabloWags
Iran says that its operations have been "completed".

Hard to believe . . . given this watershed moment in the history of the Middle East.

"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister

When is the last time you heard about a country attacking another country by air …..and the target country is given several hours notice?

The drones travel at around 110-120 mph in a standard propeller-powered configuration. The distance between Iran and Israel is 1400 miles.

This aspect of modern warfare is not pencilling out for me. Is this a publicity stunt on the heels of the Golden Batchelor's marriage breaking up?
cbbass1
bear2034 said:

That message was best delivered to Bibi, before he attacked the Iranian Consulate.
Cal88
bearister said:

When is the last time you heard about a country attacking another country by air …..and the target country is given several hours notice?

The drones travel at around 110-120 mph in a standard propeller-powered configuration. The distance between Iran and Israel is 1400 miles.

This aspect of modern warfare is not pencilling out for me. Is this a publicity stunt on the heels of the Golden Batchelor's marriage breaking up?

Those are the Shahed drones, Iran has subsonic cruise missiles and supersonic ballistic missiles as well.
bearister
Why aren't they using them?
Cal88
Either they don't want to escalate too much, or they could be firing their faster arsenal later to time their arrival with that of the 2-stroke engine drones.
bearister
I heard 100,000+ of assorted goodies stationed in Lebanon.

I don't get why we aren't calling the shots of Bibi's response if he needs us to shoot down the drones. We should be telling him what to do and if he doesn't do it, let him figure it out….but that would probably be nukes from his fleet of German made subs.
Cal88
bearister said:

I heard 100,000+ of assorted goodies stationed in Lebanon.

Not sure about the number, but it's a pretty large arsenal, and the arrival time to northern Israel would be in minutes.

Analysis of Iranian response:
bear2034
cbbass1 said:

bear2034 said:

Don't.
That message was best delivered to Bibi, before he attacked the Iranian Consulate.

Sometimes Biden will repeat the word for emphasis.
bear2034
Per USA Today, today's drone attack is the first ever attack on Israel directly from Iran territory.
Palestinian Chicken
Psychos

Cal88
Apparently Israel got hit a lot more badly than they claim, the 99% interception rate is not true, 3 bases were hit, 2 in the south and one in the Golan Heights:

bear2034
bear2034
bear2034

Iran informed Turkey before the drone strikes on Israel.
Turkey informed Biden.
Biden had to give the green light for Iran to strike Israel.
Big C

Not gonna name names, but some of y'all, we could take the entire sum of your knowledge of international relations, put it in a thimble, and there would still be room for my thumb.
bear2034
"It's all Putin's fault."
concordtom
<insert trailer for new Civil War film>
concordtom
Cal88 said:

Apparently Israel got hit a lot more badly than they claim, the 99% interception rate is not true, 3 bases were hit, 2 in the south and one in the Golan Heights:

Sigh. I suppose this means the Republicans will begin Impeachment proceedings against Biden this week!
Failure as a Commander in Chief.
Failure as an international diplomat.

Benghazi 2.0?
Go, Jim Jordan, go!
concordtom
bearister said:

It occurred to me that Iran was simply offering up their cheap drones as an opportunity to see how the defense machinery works. Information gathering.
bear2034
dajo9
How is the Bedwetter's Club doing?

I'm glad we had adults in charge during the Cold War instead of the likes of many of you.
American Vermin
Palestinian Chicken
dajo9 said:

How is the Bedwetter's Club doing?

I'm glad we had adults in charge during the Cold War instead of the likes of many of you.

tequila4kapp
It's really pretty simple. Iran and Russia are bad actors. Do what it takes to stop them / minimize their capabilities. That does not have to mean WW3. Doing nothing now ensures their aggression and provocations will continue until they are eventually stopped.
bear2034

Does Turkey support Islamist terrorism? If so, how do they remain in NATO?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.