THE OFFICIAL BI DEPOSITORY OF SCOTUS CORRUPTION STORIES

4,185 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bearister
dajo9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Greenbrier occasionally pops into the news. It's an "ostentatious" resort in West Virginia and if it's in the news usually some corrupt thing out of Washington happened there. It happened again.

I used to work for a company whose CEO took his ExCom+ there periodically. This CEO was a narcissistic a$s who completely mismanaged the company. Naturally, he was hired by the private equity firm that had purchased the company. I was generally 1 tier outside that trip but that was fine with me. I didn't want to be with that crowd. I left the company before the restatement of earnings and bankruptcy and lawsuits. But I will always associate The Greenbrier with that type of leadership.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/judges-luxury-travel-mask-mandate_n_665e065be4b0a8b68eea43fa
"They're eating the pets"
3 time Republican nominee for President
bearister
Samuel Alito Rejects Compromise, Says One Political Party Will 'Win'

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/samuel-alito-supreme-court-justice-recording-tape-battle-1235036470/

"Justice Samuel Alito spoke candidly about the ideological battle between the left and the right discussing the difficulty of living "peacefully" with ideological opponents in the face of "fundamental" differences that "can't be compromised." He endorsed what his interlocutor described as a necessary fight to "return our country to a place of godliness." And Alito offered a blunt assessment of how America's polarization will ultimately be resolved: "One side or the other is going to win."

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
bearister said:

Samuel Alito Rejects Compromise, Says One Political Party Will 'Win'

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/samuel-alito-supreme-court-justice-recording-tape-battle-1235036470/

"Justice Samuel Alito spoke candidly about the ideological battle between the left and the right discussing the difficulty of living "peacefully" with ideological opponents in the face of "fundamental" differences that "can't be compromised." He endorsed what his interlocutor described as a necessary fight to "return our country to a place of godliness." And Alito offered a blunt assessment of how America's polarization will ultimately be resolved: "One side or the other is going to win."

I completely agree with Alito on this
bearister
Yeah, but Alito thinks he has to kill you for his side to win, and he is willing to do it.
dajo9
bearister said:

Yeah, but Alito thinks he has to kill you for his side to win, and he is willing to do it.

I don't think Alito thinks killing me is necessary if I can be adequately oppressed and silenced
bearister
Shame': Sam Alito's wife caught on tape whining about Pride flags - Raw Story

https://www.rawstory.com/martha-ann-alito/

This crew is goofier than I imaged.

bear2034
dajo9 said:

bearister said:

" And Alito offered a blunt assessment of how America's polarization will ultimately be resolved: "One side or the other is going to win."
I completely agree with Alito on this

Democrats know there's no substitute for winning which is why the Democrats cheat at all costs.
bear2034
bearister said:

Shame': Sam Alito's wife caught on tape whining about Pride flags - Raw Story
Democrats whine about Sam Alito's wife caught on tape whining about Pride flags. True story, no joke.
blungld
chazzed said:

The far-right justices of SCOTUS become more disgraceful by the week. It's hard for a two-party country to hold a democratic republic together when the conservative party has zero interest in doing so.

They deeply deeply fail to understand that the rule of one party, authoritarianism, and theocracy ALWAYS end poorly for all. Those who enable it suffer too.

The Trumpers, Maga, and by-standing GOP keep moving against their own self-interest, let alone American values. It's disturbing to watch the slow motion brainwashing and movement of a cult who refuses to engage in honest discussion and facts...but just goes tribe, tribe, tribe as we wind down the drain pipe of their craven immorality. These people would NOT have agreed with this vision of America nor supported these politicians and lies 20 years ago. They have let the media and the fear mongering transform them and radicalize them. One only needs to read BI to see it happen to some seemingly intelligent people.
chazzed
blungld said:

chazzed said:

The far-right justices of SCOTUS become more disgraceful by the week. It's hard for a two-party country to hold a democratic republic together when the conservative party has zero interest in doing so.

They deeply deeply fail to understand that the rule of one party, authoritarianism, and theocracy ALWAYS end poorly for all. Those who enable it suffer too.

The Trumpers, Maga, and by-standing GOP keep moving against their own self-interest, let alone American values. It's disturbing to watch the slow motion brainwashing and movement of a cult who refuses to engage in honest discussion and facts...but just goes tribe, tribe, tribe as we wind down the drain pipe of their craven immorality. These people would NOT have agreed with this vision of America nor supported these politicians and lies 20 years ago. They have let the media and the fear mongering transform them and radicalize them. One only needs to read BI to see it happen to some seemingly intelligent people.
It is disturbing and quite sad to watch. Some of those radical conservatives -- after voting against a reasonable healthcare system -- will have to use GoFundMe in order to pay medical bills. Some will be up the creek when their daughters are forced to carry nonviable pregnancies to term. But, hey, at least they will have stuck it to the "communists."

The people on BI who run interference for the current GOP are indeed perplexing They had better be extremely wealthy or getting paid by the right-wing propaganda machine. And even if they fall under one of these two categories, their support for the Trump clown show will eventually come back to bite them, as you point out.
bearister
bearister

What are the gambling odds on Alito and Thomas giving tRump everything he wants in that presidential immunity question? Those two don't even pretend not to be corrupt.
bearister

Do you think any of the Boys on the Bench will declare gifts from the NRA?

chazzed
(There is a typo in the tweet. The property sold for $1.8 million, not $10.8 million.)

bearister
Supreme Court upholds gun law intended to protect domestic violence victims | AP News

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-guns-domestic-violence-d63ee828e51911cc5e5a01780820f224

You really have to respect Clarence Thomas, the lone dissent. His corruption is in plain view these days. In the last 20 years he has received "gifts" worth 10 X the value of all other justices gifts combined….and those are just the gifts he felt compelled to disclose (he is a serial gift disclosure form amender). The man is a baller.

It looks like the flag controversy spanked Alito into a spider hole, for the time being, anyway.
DiabloWags
Clarence Thomas.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
bearister
….and then there are those that don't think the SCOTUS is as corrupt as it was bought and paid for to be:

MAGA Turns Against Amy Coney Barrett: 'Trump Made a Mistake' - Newsweek

https://www.newsweek.com/maga-turns-amy-coney-barrett-1918158
bearister
bearister

*Thank God we can be assured POTUS tRump will never do anything like that.
bearister
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.