Off Topic
Sponsored by

Yup, DOGE was a misleading disaster also

4,111 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by SBGold
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Muckieeye said:

It's cute that you think these distinctions are scoring you points.


Awww you think I'm cute?!?

How many points do I need? Who is keeping track? Is there an official leaderboard?
Muckieeye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ghostridethegrinandbro88 said:


BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So many questions about these points you're talking about!
Muckieeye
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Tell me you don't realize that "point" has multiple meanings without saying "I'm an idiot!"
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Muckieeye said:

Tell me you don't realize that "point" has multiple meanings without saying "I'm an idiot!"


When do we find out point totals? Is there a Game Master? Is this BI sanctioned or off the books?
wifeisafurd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Listen, I'm all for reducing the size of the federal bueracracy competently, I think this is a bipartisan view. There is no way the word competently applies in the case of DOGE. You don't send a bunch of accountant types (and I used to be an accountant) to determine what to cut in the military, science or engineering based entities, or the many other specialized areas on a quick and dirty review. Some cuts had merit. But what did DOGE did was bad government.
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
wifeisafurd said:

Listen, I'm all for reducing the size of the federal bueracracy competently, I think this is a bipartisan view. There is no way the word competently applies in the case of DOGE. You don't send a bunch of accountant types (and I used to be an accountant) to determine what to cut in the military, science or engineering based entities, or the many other specialized areas on a quick and dirty review. Some cuts had merit. But what did DOGE did was bad government.


That's assuming the only way to identify waste is to be a subject matter expert. You don't need to be an engineer to spot duplicate contracts, unused office space, redundant programs, or agencies that fail basic financial accountability. Specialists can advise on mission impact, but outside auditors often identify inefficiencies that insiders have normalized. Whether DOGE got every decision right is a separate question from whether outsiders should ever be involved.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Don't be concerned, enjoy your campsite and get off the World Wide Web!

Vote Blue and Free Wags
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

Don't be concerned, enjoy your campsite and get off the World Wide Web!

Vote Blue and Free Wags


That was last week. I'm back to the real world now.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

SBGold said:

Don't be concerned, enjoy your campsite and get off the World Wide Web!

Vote Blue and Free Wags


That was last week. I'm back to the real world now.



Back to a brutal return to reality in Trump's Amerika
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

BearlySane88 said:

SBGold said:

Don't be concerned, enjoy your campsite and get off the World Wide Web!

Vote Blue and Free Wags


That was last week. I'm back to the real world now.



Back to a brutal return to reality in Trump's Amerika


I'm doing just fine in the real world, hope the same for you
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DOGE cuts harmed us all with the wildfires as well:

https://www.ms.now/news/doge-cuts-trump-administration-minnesota-wildfire-elon-musk

Horrific abuses Musk and this admin

VOTE BLUE AND FREE WAGS
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DOGE policies and cuts are now killing Americans in cruel ways. I pray for those effected, this is horrible. What kind of leader brings this to his constituents? Not one that follows Christ.

https://www.cnn.com/2026/08/03/health/deaths-cyclospora-outbreak

VOTE BLUE AND FREE WAGS
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
More on the DOGE cuts now harming America

https://www.ms.now/news/doge-cuts-trump-administration-minnesota-wildfire-elon-musk

There really should be criminal charges for those responsible, loss of life and property

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE THESE MAGAS OUT!
Eastern Oregon Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

More on the DOGE cuts now harming America

https://www.ms.now/news/doge-cuts-trump-administration-minnesota-wildfire-elon-musk

There really should be criminal charges for those responsible, loss of life and property

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE THESE MAGAS OUT!
Sadly, not a surprise to me. This is not restricted to just Minnesota. Part of my work is in coordination with the US Forest Service and similar wildland agencies. The USFS (and other similar agencies) losing a third of their staffing is not an exaggeration. Many of the people I worked with are gone and the remaining staff is stretched too thin to do all the things they've done in the past. Fire prevention and post fire recovery efforts are much reduced. This has contributed to a very bad fire season so far in the Pacific Northwest. I will say that the USGS woes probably didn't affect the Spokane fires directly since they work mostly in the mountains and not so much in urban/suburban areas. It has had an impact on other fires though.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now wonder why we never got our DOGE checks as promised.





DOGE Initiative Resulted in Federal Employees Getting Paid Billions to Not Work, New Government Report Finds
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Now wonder why we never got our DOGE checks as promised.





DOGE Initiative Resulted in Federal Employees Getting Paid Billions to Not Work, New Government Report Finds

Musk, what a hero for MAGA

America suffers while MAGA makes us poorer and weaker

VOTE BLUE AND VOTE GAVIN
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
Refresh
Page 2 of 2 ▼
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.