Off Topic
Sponsored by

Was there a Joe Roth that his mom wrote?

893 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by sonofabear51
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hi, I vaguely remember there being a book, but I am a hard time finding it. I do see a reference to Lena Roth writing a book, but I am not sure. Does anyone have info? I'd love to find it.

I did watch the documentary on his life that came out about a decade ago.
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

Hi, I vaguely remember there being a book, but I am a hard time finding it. I do see a reference to Lena Roth writing a book, but I am not sure. Does anyone have info? I'd love to find it.

I did watch the documentary on his life that came out about a decade ago.

yeah, and mosdef we used to have copy, maybe still do, except, wellll (you know the story)..
Free GOLDY now/forever
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks, it is so difficult to find info on it. Just a bummer
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://us.amazon.com/Joe-fight-life-Lena-Roth/dp/B0006EH544/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.tojtekFrAoSAt4KTy7B6U98d5vKEqgXS4KHhv2xIrioHkeQYG0onpjgdrmTuORf_tNI5udZTWbuTG6hc-xPucmoEpLkVt22aac87OzznfAZw3qizqRU2oMSctHleb8eyoN3tPKZrkmqecrKeswlvAra8hlfmYCgdBeU2a9S1_2J0mfNZdRG7zwaqCX40qoU8C3hh6AzjowK6hHslRUNW7A.h81IiwB3_tXyF78d2lWN4t_5b3SK_oOLfpCSy6e9Lao&dib_tag=se&qid=1767743819&refinements=p_27%3ALena+Roth&s=books&sr=1-5


One copy left on Amazon
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BearlySane88 said:

https://us.amazon.com/Joe-fight-life-Lena-Roth/dp/B0006EH544/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.tojtekFrAoSAt4KTy7B6U98d5vKEqgXS4KHhv2xIrioHkeQYG0onpjgdrmTuORf_tNI5udZTWbuTG6hc-xPucmoEpLkVt22aac87OzznfAZw3qizqRU2oMSctHleb8eyoN3tPKZrkmqecrKeswlvAra8hlfmYCgdBeU2a9S1_2J0mfNZdRG7zwaqCX40qoU8C3hh6AzjowK6hHslRUNW7A.h81IiwB3_tXyF78d2lWN4t_5b3SK_oOLfpCSy6e9Lao&dib_tag=se&qid=1767743819&refinements=p_27%3ALena+Roth&s=books&sr=1-5


One copy left on Amazon

sadly BS88 is right.. darn it !
# one copy, or less

very late ps: JR grew up about 10 miles from where i did, nearly at the same time, but (of course) we never met 3d-realtime. long after his passing at a family gathering (a funeral actually, doh) relatives casually related how JR used to watch tv with their son, over in Lemon Grove.
# honest injun / i swear to Oski
Free GOLDY now/forever
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cool interview with Joe's mom produced by BI

SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I appreciate that BS, thank you. I just bought it!

You are not all bad after all.
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SBGold said:

I appreciate that BS, thank you. I just bought it!

You are not all bad after all.


Printing this out and framing it! Lol

I'm glad you got it!! My dad has a copy and it's a great read and keepsake. I almost bought it and offered to ship it to you, thinking it might be gone by the time you saw my post. Enjoy!
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was introduced to Joe Roth by my friend and future brother in law after Sunday Mass at Newman Hall in spring 1976. Joe lived in an apartment across the street from Newman Hall adjacent to the parking lot. In the couple of minutes I spoke to him I was very impressed. He was nice, humble and quiet….not common traits for a BMOC.

The next time I saw him was on a TV set behind the bar at Brennan's in February, 1977. His passing was being announced on a local news broadcast.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
apparently y'all already got it, but just in case found a copy presently on the shelf, free, in the santa clara county public library system. hopefully there's an idea there somewhere..

website llogin may be a problem, ymmv, and happy hunting..
https://sccl.bibliocommons.com/v2/record/S118C487972
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

I was introduced to Joe Roth by my friend and future brother in law after Sunday Mass at Newman Hall in spring 1976. Joe lived in an apartment across the street from Newman Hall adjacent to the parking lot. In the couple of minutes I spoke to him I was very impressed. He was nice, humble and quiet….not common traits for a BMOC.

The next time I saw him was on a TV set behind the bar at Brennan's in February, 1977. His passing was being announced on a local news broadcast.

The guy even went to class! I had Econ 1 at 10 AM in Wheeler Aud. in 1975 and he had a class in the building that ended at 10. Saw him every M/W/F.

In early '77 there had been hints that his condition was worsening, but when Dave Maggard announced his passing at the beginning of a basketball game in Harmon, people were shocked. You could hear a pin drop during a long moment of silence, then the Straw Hat Band sang Hail to California. Very emotional moment.
SBGold
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cal88 said:



That ended up resolving itself quickly
"I Abide by Old and New Rules, and I Never Personally Attack. Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice."
sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yeah, I was there and remember it also. Saw every home football game he played in.

The best

And yes, it still hurts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.