dajo9 said:
tequila4kapp said:
I do not know that they are making it but considering the design's intent of framing Arlington House I could see a reasonable argument being made that the arch enhances that connection.
(FWIW...from memory from our tour some years ago...Lee was offered command of the US Army but resigned his commission to fight for the Confederacy. Lincoln (?) confiscated Lee's house in retribution for Lee being a traitor to the Union; making it a cemetery for those killed in the war was the ultimate eternal FU to Lee's actions)
It does give one ideas. In a just world (which we are far from) settlement of an emoluments lawsuit would include confiscating the Trump building at Columbus Circle in Manhattan and redoing the whole thing as an education center and monument to democratic values.
I've definitely thought this. We need an education center on how media and social movements bring people to great places like with MLK, or Naziism on the other extreme.
MAGA movement is one America will look back upon as NOT its proudest moment, and there are lessons to be learned. What better place to do that at than a Trump confiscated property?!
I would be happy if there never ever anything named Trump. Erase all of it.