Off Topic
Sponsored by

Soundtrack for Social Distancing Volume 6

2,609 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by concordtom
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Volume 5 now getting too jumpy from all the videos.






Playlists provided upon request, provided I have one on your artist (s)

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?


~ favorite Money cut, classic & Peak Money in one, last days of KSAN . . . babies





bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?


Click on YouTube link. Eddie Vedder and The Boss sing Betterman
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

1/24/75 on Midnight Special

I saw them at the Oakland Arena, September, 1973, opening for the Allman Brothers


They were able practitioners of the Southern Rock/Country Rock genre

Good songs, well sung and played.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?



“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Bon Scott carrying Angus Young through a crowd of 60,000 fans at the Oakland Coliseum during Day in the Green, July 21, 1979

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The band was particularly tight this night. A lot of the songs ended up on Europe '72.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.sfgate.com/tech/article/jelani-nelson-anthropic-22329383.php

~ who covered this best, Joan Baez?





sonofabear51
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They say Angus, age 71, was shredding it Wednesday at Levi's and was worth the price of admission.



….and at age 25:



Angus claimed he was never in to drinking or drugs. He preferred milk, chocolate and tea. Married to same woman for 46 years.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

They say Angus, age 71, was shredding it Wednesday at Levi's and was worth the price of admission.

Angus claimed he was never in to drinking or drugs. He preferred milk, chocolate and tea.


And lots and lots of Vegemite.
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Outside Lands festival lineups - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_Lands_festival_lineups

The devolution of the Outside Lands lineups to the present date makes one want to scream into the abyss.

*I reviewed the lineup for this weekend and I am only familiar with acts that have appeared on SNL the last few years and allegedly performed music. As Jerry Garcia said about rap, "It ain't music." To think Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam and McCartney performed at Outside Lands.
*I am also not a fan of acts of my generation still milking it…..I guess Angus still brings it, however.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
~ a few scattered good songs, mostly kind of ridiculous for shallow guys, like Metallica or Van Halen -- give me Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Outlaws, or bust

https://www.ranker.com/list/the-best-ac-and-dc-songs-of-all-time/voteable



-- for dedicated east bay music cats only, lo siento - https://www.theguardian.com/news/ng-interactive/2026/aug/01/glasgow-25-year-gruesome-gangland-feud-finally-over
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I saw the Allman Brothers and Marshall Tucker at the Oakland Arena in September, 1973. Great show.

*Cameron Crowe writes about that tour in his book Uncool. He had an interesting run in with crazy Greg Allman.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Outside Lands festival lineups - Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outside_Lands_festival_lineups

The devolution of the Outside Lands lineups to the present date makes one want to scream into the abyss.

*I reviewed the lineup for this weekend and I am only familiar with acts that have appeared on SNL the last few years and allegedly performed music. As Jerry Garcia said about rap, "It ain't music." To think Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam and McCartney performed at Outside Lands.
*I am also not a fan of acts of my generation still milking it…..I guess Angus still brings it, however.


So many bands crammed in a day, they let them play a half dozen songs and then it's next...

Yeah crap lineups, Megan freakin stallion, shocky yoga pants music, ; b
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Not really my favorite type of music, but I knew when this was released it was a great song well performed. What say you?

“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

Not really my favorite type of music, but I knew when this was released it was a great song well performed. What say you?

thanks for a sweet wayback B. more recently..
https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/singers/madonna-net-worth
signed, not dead yet
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just when you think the ole gal should put her tired kit away (as the Brits say) she pulls this:

Madonna's 15th studio album, Confessions II, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with 134,000 units sold in its first week. Released on July 3, 2026, via Warner Records, the energetic dance sequel to her 2005 classic earned widespread critical praise and strong streaming numbers.

Here is a quick look at how the release unfolded:
Commercial Success & Charts
Number One Debut:
Slashed straight to the top of the charts, marking her 10th career No. 1 album.

Sales Milestone:
Opened with 114,000 traditional sales and over 20 million first-week streams.

Historic Feat: Made Madonna the only artist with at least one No. 1 album across the 1980s, 2000s, 2010s, and 2020s.

*Way back for me is 60's/70's. 80's are quasi modern history for me.
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
BGolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
West Coast Bears 2026

bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BGolden said:

West Coast Bears 2026






" I see genius. By seemingly embracing the cliches of the West, the composer of West Coast Bears 2026 is underscoring its excruciating banality."
Dieter
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?


“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
~ Dolly doing Townes might have broken Nashville

-- best Dolly, & it's not close, dog






bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?
May well be, but I found Linda's voice more pleasing to my ear (as well as Emmylou's).
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?



-- for those cats who slag on Eagles, country rock or CA

smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
according to the internet the Townes dude lived a hard life, badly, and died fairly young..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townes_Van_Zandt
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
~ 'eat dessert first' is sometimes alluded to be a decadent 'french'-type gastronomic indulgence, practice, but is also (mainly ) a strong digestive aide if eating any sugar ( or alcohol ) at all, for protein or whole-grain carbs eaten later, seperately; and both sugars no bueno for dementia, brain health, overall, particularly later in life



bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Leon Russell and Glenn Campbell 1983
“Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside”
—Jim Morrison

“I love Cal deeply, by the way, what are the directions to The Portal from Sproul Plaza?”
prospeCt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
~ scant reports on rock concert sound quality of ( new? ) speakers, settings, sound engineers . . . where's 'Bear' Stanley when you need him, single speaker theory, dig







concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How much do you suppose this guitar sold for?



concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And a Prince guitar…

Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.