Eastern Oregon Bear said:cal83dls79 said:
Thanks Pete! What a farce
https://www.military.com/influencer-brothers-jake-logan-paul-paid-visit-to-the-pentagon-people-have-questions
https://www.themirror.com/sport/boxing/jake-paul-pentagon-visit-military-2033093
Jake Paul argued that the Second Amendment no longer serves its original purpose, saying the right to bear arms was intended to give civilians the ability to resist a tyrannical government.
He claimed modern weapons such as pistols and shotguns would be ineffective against technologies including drones, autonomous robots, EMPs and advanced military systems. "I think we need an amended and updated Constitution. It was written in 1781, I believe, and life is just so much different now," said Paul.
"Especially, I think the Second Amendment was made so that if the government was doing ridiculous things to us and controlling us in harmful ways, citizens could overthrow them. That's obviously what happened and why people came to the United States initially. They revolted, fought back and became independent.
"And so I think, as weapons systems get more advanced, a pistol or a shotgun is not going to be able to overthrow the government if we, the people, decide that the United States government is taking advantage of us and that we maybe need to be able to bear more advanced weapons systems as citizens."
When asked to clarify what he meant, the 29-year-old added: "Drone EMPs, RPGs, potential anti-helicopter [weapons].
Your tax dollars paid to have this moron tell us that the public needs to have the right to arm themselves with "Drone EMPs, RPGs, potential anti-helicopter [weapons]".
Grrrrrrr...........
Guess what I would do if granted Paul's suggestion!