Off Topic
Sponsored by

I had no idea

627 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by DiabloWags
LudwigsFountain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ran across an atricle in the WSJ noting that we spend 1.4 trillion each year eating out. (presume this includes fast food). That seemed like a lot to me so I looked up how much we sepnd on groceries. That's around 1 trillion.
When I told my wife I was surprised by these numbers she said, "That's because your idea of going out for dinner is picking up burritos from Gordos."
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yes, and that $1.4 Trillion data point was for 2023.
+ 42% from 2018.

$4,074 per capita in 2023.

BearlySane88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does eating out include ordering in? If so, not at all surprised the numbers are so high
Cal88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It comes to less than $80 per week per person, very reasonable.
LudwigsFountain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DiabloWags said:

Yes, and that $1.4 Trillion data point was for 2023.
+ 42% from 2018.

$4,074 per capita in 2023.



I looked up what the amounts are per income quintile and for the top 20% it's $7.500 or for a married couple $300 per week. Definitely not pulling my weight. When I was growing up we never went out to eat, so I guess it's carried over.
DiabloWags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
LudwigsFountain said:

DiabloWags said:

Yes, and that $1.4 Trillion data point was for 2023.
+ 42% from 2018.

$4,074 per capita in 2023.



I looked up what the amounts are per income quintile and for the top 20% it's $7.500 or for a married couple $300 per week. Definitely not pulling my weight. When I was growing up we never went out to eat, so I guess it's carried over.


And of course it also depends on what state you live in.
Per capita could be anywhere between $5,300 to $2,870

CA is $5,189.00

AR is $2,870.00

Dining Out Is Devouring Your Budget - And It's Worse in Some States Than Others - 24/7 Wall St.


Refresh
Page 1 of 1
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.