Ooh, this is gonna be funny!

5,913 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Another Bear

Another Bear

https://twitter.com/SachaBaronCohen/status/1014553587903442944/video/1
Another Bear
okaydo
!!!!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sarah-palin-was-duped-sacha-baron-cohens-who-is-america-1126106
wifeisafurd
Another Bear said:

a third ex-UCLA basketball player in a week?
okaydo
I keep seeing on Twitter people who 1) Are outraged that Sacha Baron Cohen insulted injured veterans by impersonating one of them and 2) are devoted supporters of a guy who said of POWs, "I Like People Who Weren't Captured."
golden sloth
okaydo said:

I keep seeing on Twitter people who 1) Are outraged that Sacha Baron Cohen insulted injured veterans by impersonating one of them and 2) are devoted supporters of a guy who said of POWs, "I Like People Who Weren't Captured."

I do feel the people in this country have developed a mystique that overvalues veterans. Don't get me wrong, they do deserve our appreciation and I hope the government agencies in charge of taking care of them do there job, but we should not hold them in such high regard that they are mini-gods above reproach.
okaydo
golden sloth said:

okaydo said:

I do feel the people in this country have developed a mystique that overvalues veterans. Don't get me wrong, they do deserve our appreciation and I hope the government agencies in charge of taking care of them do there job, but we should not hold them in such high regard that they are mini-gods above reproach.

This was published today: https://www.gq.com/story/patriotic-correctness-will-doom-us-all

Another Bear

Sacha Baron Cohen's 'Who is America?' lures politicians into supporting guns for toddlers
Another Bear
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear
FYI: clicking on the first youtube video gets you pop-up redirect to spam.
B.A. Bearacus
AB, both links are legit Youtube links:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

youtu.be/vt9AJm4EbMI

You might have some adware on your computer? Maybe try a good ol' Malwarebytes scan?
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

AB, both links are legit Youtube links:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

youtu.be/vt9AJm4EbMI

You might have some adware on your computer? Maybe try a good ol' Malwarebytes scan?
It's definitely youtube because it plays...but then it jumps.

Any way, could be malware, so I'll check it. On an iPad that means clearing cookies and history.
okaydo
B.A. Bearacus said:

That clip doesn't include this:

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
Not Sacha Cohen-related. Something ain't right with Ted Cruz.

This campaign ad, for example:

Another Bear
Q: What's wrong with El Cubano de Canada?
A: Poll: Senate race between Cruz, O'Rourke a dead heat

It's only a shocker because the race is in rudy red Texass.
Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Any air time Alex Jones gets is life wasted. Still, this clip of him getting into it with Rubio is a form of entertainment.

Another Bear
B.A. Bearacus said:

Any air time Alex Jones gets is life wasted. Still, this clip of him getting into it with Rubio is a form of entertainment.
Jones is plain nuts. And I guess that's what it takes to humanize Rubio because he came off as rather normal and human with his reaction.
B.A. Bearacus
bearister
I wonder why Ted Cruz' dad and Woody Harrelson's dad killed JFK?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus

B.A. Bearacus

Full circle/15-mins of fame on the guy behind trump in Montana. Looks damn old for a high schooler - calling it now... NARC!

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
Whoa...

Sacha Baron Cohen Reveals He Filmed an Interview That was Too Grim for Even "Who is America?"

Quote:

And there was an interview that didn't make it in, with Gio. We were shooting some of this at the time of Harvey Weinstein. We wanted to investigate how does someone like Harvey Weinstein gets away with doing whatget away with criminality, essentially. And the network that surrounds him. We decided that Gio would interview a concierge in Las Vegas. During the interview, I revealed that basically Gio has molested an eight-year-old boy. Now, mind you, this is extreme comedy and we thought that the guy would leave the room. Instead, this concierge stays in the room and I go, listen, you've got to help me get rid of the problem. And this guy starts advising Gio how to get rid of this issue. We even at one point talk about murdering the boy, and the concierge is just saying, "Well, listen, I'm really sorry. In this country, we can't just drown the boy. This is America we don't do that." And then, in the end, he puts me in touch with a lawyer who can silence the boy. I became really dark stuff. And then at the end of the interview I say, listen, I want to go out and celebrate now. Can you get me a date for tonight? He says, "What do you mean, a date?"

I go, you know, like a young man. He says, "Well, what kind of age?" I say, lower than Bar Mitzvah but older than eight. And he says, "Yeah, I can put you in touch with somebody who can get you some boys like that."

Peanut Gallery Consultant
concordtom
golden sloth said:

okaydo said:

Agreed!

Sometimes people join for truly patriotic reasons, like many WW2 guys who dropped everything after Pearl Harbor or 9/11. George Bush Sr. and Pat Tillman comes to mind, but there are many more. And many guys suffered beyond words. I know some old guys here will have commentary, but I'm thinking of my coworker's dad who was on the Buthan Death March, or my brother's godfather and D-Day.

However, other guys sign up for the military only for economic or work opportunities, as they had no other choice. Some guys do it because they lack self respect and think the uniform will give them social standing. And many of these guys don't have much of a thought about ethics or morality of their actions, because they are just 18 and haven't crossed that bridge in life yet. They thus allow themselves to be tools of older men's will or poor command.

I imagine Presidents and Kings could negotiate better peace deals if it were they who had to go out on the battle field. Thus, I sometimes purse my lips when I hear about the glorification of vets. A willingness to be used like that is how we got here. I'm not willing to sacrifice myself like that. Particularly for a president like Trump. I'd only serve if he were on the other side.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.