Breaking News

889,991 Views | 11151 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by MinotStateBeav
82gradDLSdad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bearister said:

82gradDLSdad said:

…. I'm embarrassed and scared for our country and I no longer feel I can do much more than laugh. Way to go.

When a former POTUS running for an additional term has the audacity and the crassness to monetize and politicize something as embarrassing and humiliating as a felony conviction, and something as somber and tragic as an assassination attempt where an innocent man was murdered, and millions of his supporters not only have no problem with it but wholeheartedly and vigorously embrace it, America has hit its nadir and there is no coming back.

Hitting the nadir is exactly when things turn around...unless we are starting the extinction process. I'm not so sure we've hit the nadir but when we do things will start the slow grind back to some sort of normalcy and decency. I'm not ready to give up hope.
movielover
tequila4kapp
That is a bad look.
It is also an interesting insight into the deep state that this gets leaked to the WaPo. The Left is at it again ...
dajo9
tequila4kapp said:

That is a bad look.
It is also an interesting insight into the deep state that this gets leaked to the WaPo. The Left is at it again ...

Why are you accusing the left of being up to something?
We are not going back
movielover
Looks like Zelensky doesn't believe the Steal 2.0 will happen.

movielover
Where's Fang Fang and Feinstein's driver?

movielover
bear2034
Mostly peaceful protests today in our nation's capital.

movielover

bear2034
Joe Biden fell down and injured himself? Stroke? That was the medical emergency in Nevada.
Big C
movielover said:

Way to exploit the ol' those-Jews-are-so-cheap stereotype. Maybe when the Prime Minister of Ireland visits, he/she will swipe all the little liquor bottles out of the hotel room fridge.

Classy stuff from LordBebo and those who promote him/her!
dimitrig
Big C said:

movielover said:

Way to exploit the ol' those-Jews-are-so-cheap stereotype. Maybe when the Prime Minister of Ireland visits, he/she will swipe all the little liquor bottles out of the hotel room fridge.

Classy stuff from LordBebo and those who promote him/her!

Yes, because carting around suitcases of dirty laundry is so much cheaper than just getting it laundered.

What I would be wondering is... what else is in those suitcases that he is smuggling?

SFCityBear
movielover said:

Is this a great country, or what?
bear2034
movielover said:

Fang Fang bang bang Eric Swalwell, a Democrat representing Alameda County.
movielover
Musk notes Democrats have become anti Semites.

movielover
Because USSS Director Cheeto and Border Czar Kamala Harris utterly failed in their jobs?

bear2034
movielover said:

The LGBTQ+ for Hamas supporters have also created a great deal of confusion for the Hamas community.
movielover
Big C
movielover said:

I think it's bs on the part of the Dems (or anyone) to boycott the speech of an influential world leader. What happened to hearing somebody out, then discussing it further, afterwards? Not a good look. Instead, try showing that you value civilized free speech.
sycasey
Big C said:

movielover said:

I think it's bs on the part of the Dems (or anyone) to boycott the speech of an influential world leader. What happened to hearing somebody out, then discussing it further, afterwards? Not a good look. Instead, try showing that you value civilized free speech.
The truth about Netanyahu is that his popularity is way underwater at home and the only reason he is doing this speech in front of Congress is that he wants to use them as a political prop to shore up support in Israel. Democratic leadership should never have agreed to this, so I don't mind individual members choosing not to attend.

It's not like they won't know what was in the speech; they just don't want to give Bibi the political capital he wants.
bear2034
Diddy Is Accused Of Paying $1M To Have Tupac Killed As His Name Appears 77 Times In Murder Docs

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/diddy-accused-paying-1m-tupac-164509443.html
Big C
sycasey said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

The truth about Netanyahu is that his popularity is way underwater at home and the only reason he is doing this speech in front of Congress is that he wants to use them as a political prop to shore up support in Israel. Democratic leadership should never have agreed to this, so I don't mind individual members choosing not to attend.

It's not like they won't know what was in the speech; they just don't want to give Bibi the political capital he wants.

Fair enough. That is an angle I had not considered. And yet (just wondering), maybe we should listen to him because he holds the position of Prime Minister of Israel, without thinking about all the political angles? I will admit to being undecided about this issue at the moment.
sycasey
Big C said:

sycasey said:

Big C said:

movielover said:

Fair enough. That is an angle I had not considered. And yet (just wondering), maybe we should listen to him because he holds the position of Prime Minister of Israel, without thinking about all the political angles? I will admit to being undecided about this issue at the moment.
Perhaps, though to take it to an extreme example (for the sake of argument): if the Republican leadership got a wild hair and decided to invite Vladimir Putin to speak in front of Congress, should Democrats go along with that?
MinotStateBeav
IMHO no foreign leader should ever be speaking inside congress. They need to stop doing this. I am with Thomas Massie on this one, this was Netanyahu using this platform to shore up support. I wish more Republicans didn't attend. These foreign lobbying orgs like AIPAC need to be completely dismantled. Btw this goes for all foreign leaders, Zelensky included.
First Page Refresh
Page 319 of 319

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.