NRA Tells Doctors To Stay In Their Lane Regardinging Gun Control

1,324 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Another Bear
BearNIt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The NRA decided in its infinite wisdom to tell doctors who had commented on gun control to stay in their lane. Doctors advised the NRA that because they treat those affected by gun violence that they had a right to speak out. Doctors also advised the NRA that they were invited to stand beside them as they call code on a child who is a victim of gun violence, and whose mother screams in such a way that you can never forget it. I've heard these screams and treated the victims and families of gun violence. Maybe just maybe the NRA should SHUT THE ***** UP and do what they do best, make sure that there are enough guns out there for the next FREAKIN MASS SHOOTING! Maybe those that are tone deaf would enjoy telling a victim's family that they didn't make it despite your best efforts and watch a family break into pieces before your eyes.

I have been in that bar and know Thousand Oaks extremely well and will tell you that this will scar the close knit community for years to come.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/415806-doctors-take-on-nra-over-tweet-warning-them-to-stay-in-their-lane
Anarchistbear
Another veteran. The US war machine is creating more mass murderers and more suicides.
concordtom

Wait, wait, don't tell me. They said, "We'll shoot 'em, you stitch 'em."

That's a catchy slogan. They should consider It!
sp4149
concordtom said:

Wait, wait, don't tell me. They said, "We'll shoot 'em, you stitch 'em."

That's a catchy slogan. They should consider It!
With the Dems taking over the House, it might be time for an investigation of the NRA. Muddled in the Media Chaos created by the WH of the last two years were reports of Russian oligarchs giving millions to the NRA to campaign for Trump. AT the time it looked like money laundering by NRA of donations from Russians sanctioned by the US. Some of these Russians were also life members of the NRA; maybe they thought the letters were for the National Russian Association. How about a RICO prosecution of the NRA?

Many years ago when the NRA was stepping up it's fight against gun registration in the Cold War, the NRA feared that government registration might enable a foreign government to locate ALL gun owners. I told other gun owners that those fears were groundless. NO, instead,the Russians would create a gun owners association; give it a patriotic, nationalist name, and the gun owners would self register themselves with the Russians as gun owners. I wonder if the Secretary of the NRA in charge of their mailing list speaks Russian?
Another Bear
During the recent election cycle, the NRA only spend half of their usual amount on campaigns and elections. That's a significant drop and many speculate it's because the Russkies stopped "investing" in the NRA.

Putin's favorite congressman, Dan Rohrabacher, met with the Russians in 2015, via Maria Butina, the Russian "gun rights advocate", NRA babe and spy (currently in US prison). It's not a stretch to say there's a connection, FBI records confirm it. Now we'll see where it goes now that Devin Nunes is out and Adam Schiff is in and says he'll open the Rohrabacher Russian files.

Russian money in the NRA explains a lot of things but mostly it explains the division the NRA has sown in the US and the seemingly endless money they had...now drying up.

bearister
I foresee a day when the distraught parent of a child slaughtered in a mass school shooting attends an NRA convention with a suicide vest on.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
The NRA has now lost this argument. They don't realize it yet, but we're just running out the clock now. Gun control will happen.
bearister
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Another Bear
Nothing like the human spirit turning tragedy into victory and common good. Congresswoman elect McBath has pulled off something big here, in deep red Georgia.

And the Russkie money has run dry...

The NRA Is Running Scared Now
Quote:

Gun-control advocates won big in the midterms, even in deep-red districts

Quote:

One of the congressional districts to flip from red to blue in the midterm elections this year was Georgia's 6th. The winner there was Lucy McBath.

Nearly six years ago, on Black Friday of 2012, a man shot McBath's 17-year-old son Jordan Davis to death in a gas-station parking lot over a dispute about loud music. The murder turned McBath into a gun-safety activist and inspired her to run for Congress. Her district had been easily held by Republicans since Newt Gingrich took it in 1978. It might be hard to imagine a woman of color identified so closely with gun control winning in such a district.

B.A. Bearacus
Another Bear
I find it very interesting that NRA spending is way down at the same time the Russkies have pulled away. Methinks Captain Mueller might uncover something significant. Russian money and intel explains quite a bit how the NRA has been (excuse the term) bulletproof. They somehow could just run over people and blow them off. Suddenly that's the case and suddenly they're broke.

Really looking forward to Adam Schiff unsealing the Rohrabacher file.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.