Music for struggling federal workers after the Grand Wizard of 1600 Penn ended his SD

1,863 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
B.A. Bearacus
How long do you want to ignore this user?

prospeCt

Blueblood
concordtom
Why the hell did Davis trade Stabler for Pastorini?
bearister
concordtom said:

Why the hell did Davis trade Stabler for Pastorini?

Don't know but I think Kenny leaked off Al. Pastorini would have been a HOF QB had he played on a team with a good O line. For most of his career in Houston he got lit up. They invented the flak vest because of him. By the time he was traded to the Raiders, he was a broken down old man.
He had a cannon. He once threw a baseball over Swig Hall, an 11 story dorm at Santa Clara. He was also married to the English pin up model, June Wilkinson. Check her out.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt

https://www.cardboardconnection.com/top-10-ken-stabler-football-cards

concordtom
So, she was 9 years and 2 months older than him when they got married. He was just 24, and she was 33. Imagine what the parents of both thought.

Dante Anthony "Dan" Pastorini (born May 26, 1949)

June Wilkinson (born 27 March 1940 in Eastbourne is an English model and actress, known for her appearances in Playboy magazine and in films of the 1960s. One of the world's most-photographed women in the late 1950s and early 1960s, at the height of her career she was called "the most photographed nude in America".

She met Dan Pastorini, NFL quarterback for the Oilers and Raiders in 1972, and they were married in 1973.They co-starred in the 1974 film Florida Connection (also known as Weed), for the producer of Rage. The couple divorced in 1982, and Wilkinson never remarried. She has a daughter, Brahna, with Pastorini.

Later in 1980, Oilers owner, Bud Adams, traded Pastorini to the Oakland Raiders in exchange for an aging Ken Stabler who was 3 years Pastorini's senior.

Five weeks into the 1980 season with Oakland, after posting a 2-2 record, Pastorini broke his leg against the Kansas City Chiefs. The fans, who had been unhappy with his performance and wanted to see backup Jim Plunkett, cheered when they realized he was hurt. Plunkett, a Heisman Trophy winner out of Stanford, and former starting quarterback for the New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers, had been with the Raiders as a backup quarterback since 1978. He took over and led the Raiders to a Super Bowl victory over the Philadelphia Eagles in January 1981.

Pastorini is an Honorary Texan. In January 2012, on The Jim Rome Radio Show, Pastorini recalled a story how then-Raider owner Al Davis completely blew him off in the locker room after a game. "He sneered at me" said Pastorini. Pastorini then went on to say that, "when he (Davis) passed away, I wasn't sad to see him go." Pastorini currently lives and works in Houston. His autobiography, Taking Flak: My Life in the Fast Lane, was released in November 2011.
concordtom
Tennis With an Attitude : Taft's Brahna Pastorini Has Ability, and She Knows It
December 03, 1993|BARRY BAUM | SPECIAL TO THE TIMES

Warming up to play in the City Section team tennis playoffs last month, Brahna Pastorini twisted her ankle and collapsed.
More painful to her than the injury was her opponent's reaction.
"The girl was laughing at me," said Pastorini, a senior at Taft High in Woodland Hills. "That really just ticked me off."
As Taft Coach Marvin Jones helped carry his star off the court, Pastorini told him not to forfeit the match.
"Mr. Jones, I'm not going to give up," she said. "She laughed at me, and I hate that."
After icing her ankle for 10 minutes and taping it, Pastorini hobbled back to the court, where she quickly dismissed her opponent, Nicole Adams of Hamilton, 6-1, 6-1. And Adams was no longer laughing, just questioning Pastorini's line calls.
"Whatever," Pastorini told her. "Score says all."
But score does not say all about Taft's top player, who, in frustration, used to smash her legs with her racket.

Score also says nothing about why she has used her racket as an ax, trying to strike down poles after missing a drop volley.
Or why, fed up with her play, she once hurled her racket over the net, nearly hitting an opponent.
That from someone who is 41-0 since her sophomore year, won last year's City Section Division 4-A individual championship and will defend her title today at 2 p.m. at the Racquet Centre in Studio City.
Jones, who has helped Pastorini rein in her frustrations, believes there is a possible explanation for her temper.
"She has this inner anger regarding her father not being around, not being supportive," Jones said. "That has been a main concern of hers since she's been at Taft."
Pastorini's father, Dan, a former NFL player, has not had a close relationship with his daughter. After separating from June Wilkinson, Brahna's mother, in 1977, he moved to Big Bear and stayed out of his daughter's life. She says they had their first telephone conversation when she was 7, and the next three years later.
Each time, Wilkinson called Dan and put Brahna on the phone.
"She didn't want me growing up hating my father," Brahna said. "But I didn't even know who my father was. Dan Pastorini was just a name to me. It wasn't like if I saw him walking down the street I could pick him out."
But others could. Pastorini had a successful 13-year career in the NFL, with stints at Houston, Philadelphia and with the Rams and Raiders. He was a member of the Oakland Raiders' 1980 Super Bowl championship team, and later was a professional drag racer.
Brahna, an only child who lived with her mother and grandmother in Sherman Oaks, rarely saw her father as a youngster.
"I would have loved to have been around her more," he said from Vail, Colo. "But unfortunately, she lives (in California) and I live here. I don't think it's different than any other divorce situation."
When Brahna was 13, Wilkinson, a long-time actress and former Playboy magazine model, was cast in a show in Toronto that was to last six months. She asked Dan, 44, if Brahna could temporarily live with him. He agreed.
By then, Dan was remarried and living in Houston. He said he enjoyed getting to know his daughter and soon learned of her tennis ability.

He arranged for a coach to work with her and began occasionally going to her matches.
But Brahna decided after three months that she was not happy living in Houston and moved back to Sherman Oaks to live with her grandmother, Lilly Wilkinson.
But Lilly developed liver cancer and died when Brahna was 15.
"I had my defenses up," Brahna said of her grandmother's death. "I mean, no one could get close to me. I'd just go off to my little corner and read."
But she stuck with tennis, her one escape.
"That was the only time I felt peace," she said. "I'd go out there wanting to win for her and I could get my anger out. I would be pounding balls. I'd just see that ball and I'd be so mad at God for taking my grandmother away."
That rage has contributed to Brahna's success on the court. After losing in the City semifinals her sophomore season, she returned last year to earn Taft's No. 1 singles spot and beat teammate Julia Feldman in the City final.
Pastorini also plays nearly every weekend in U.S. Tennis Assn. tournaments.
Sometimes, however, her intense desire to win has been interpreted as arrogance.
"She's very good," said Marit Kraim, a junior from Chatsworth who was shut out by Pastorini in a match this season. "But she'd be even better if she didn't have such a big attitude. She thinks of herself as the best. It might be good to have that sort of confidence, but she overdoes it, and looks down on the other person.
"When I was warming up against her, she was talking to her other teammates behind her, going, 'This will be easy.' "
While her mother finishes a six-month run in a play in Edmonton, Canada, Brahna is living with Gene Malin, her private coach, and his wife. Malin said he often tells Pastorini to be more courteous on the court.
"I point it out and show her how detrimental (discourtesy) can be," Malin said. "She wants to be a pro, but there are certain aspects you have to get over. You have to get tougher mentally."
Pastorini's mother is due home soon, if not for long, and she is looking forward to that. And recently, she and her father talked and Brahna came away surprised.
"I found out stuff that I didn't know before," she said. "He was saying how he really does care for me and that he's going to love me no matter what. I never knew he cared that much. It sort of made me feel that I was somewhat wanted by him."
Pastorini, 17, who maintains a 2.6 grade-point average, wants to play for UCLA next season, but said the school has not contacted her. She has received recruiting letters from Stanford, Penn State and Haverford.

concordtom
Also the LA Times:

Pastorini Nets $150,000 Award in Settlement
June 23, 1994

Brahna Pastorini, a tennis champion and softball standout at Taft High, was awarded $150,000 by the Los Angeles City Council Wednesday to settle a suit she filed after she was hit and injured in 1990 by a parks maintenance worker driving an electric cart.
Pastorini suffered a broken left leg and injuries to her right leg that required surgery and the continued use of a leg brace, according to a report by the City Attorney's Office to the City Council.
Pastorini was in the parking lot of the Van Nuys/Sherman Oaks Recreation Center on Aug. 22, 1990, when a city maintenance worker driving an electric utility vehicle that hit her and pinned her against a parked car, according to the report.
The worker apparently was bending over to pick something off the ground while driving toward Pastorini, the report said. When he tried to slam on the brakes, he accidentally pressed the accelerator and hit Pastorini, then 14.

concordtom
She's real estate agent today in Los Alamitos. Here's her profile on Moveto.com

About Brahna
[url=http://brahna.pastorini@facebook.com/][/url] [url=http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brahna-pastorini/35/78a/99b/][/url]
Licensed since 2000 License #01342920

I have always been a natural athlete, I love every sport and have played them all! I received a tennis scholarship to over 20 schools, also softball scholarships to 4 schools, I ended up playing tennis for LMU. I graduated in 2000 I double majored in Communications and Psychology. I did the Aids life cycle in 2013 which is a bicycle ride from San Francisco to Los Angeles 545 miles in 7 days. It was an amazing experience and I have signed up for it again in 2015!

concordtom
From her twitter, only post, may 2017

concordtom
Tell me, why did they make bras so pointy?

Resulting in the bullet look:

That's just a turn-off.
I much prefer the softer rounded look.

concordtom
Pastorini looks like Chuck Woolery, no?

concordtom
Brahna and Dan from www.junewilkinson.com

concordtom

Aids ride pic.
bearister
Based on a review of the photo gallery above, it appears you needed to wear safety goggles to go on a date in the old days.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
prospeCt

concordtom
bearister said:

Based on a review of the photo gallery above, it appears you needed to wear safety goggles to go on a date in the old days.
Okay, I'm sure that's a funny punchline, but I didn't exactly get it.
I am laughing though, and yes, I probably did!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.