Today is a good test of the rumor mill/internet

2,386 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by concordtom
blungld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lots of buzz that today, March 8th, is a big day in the investigation with high probability that Mueller files a report to Barr after the stock market closes, with a lot of inference that a Trump child or Kush will possibly being indicted too.

Very curious if these sources, which have been pretty accurate to date, are right, or if this is a whiff. There is so much misinformation on social media and MSM that is hard to know which reports to trust--and I think that is entirely the point of those participating in the cover up.

We'll see.

"The Bear will not quilt, the Bear will not dye!"
blungld
I don't know what to think.

I am hearing that Mueller briefed Barr today and they are engaged in the discussion of the report, the report to Congress (or not), and to indict/unseal or not. Effectively the report was filed today.

A friend who reports for NYTimes is saying report goes public or, at least the public acknowledgment that it was filed, on Tuesday.

But not a peep in the press.

So maybe none of that is true?

blungld
Well, I see by the viral reactions to this thread that you are all sitting on the edge of your seat...but this is an interesting article today. Is this the first step towards verification that report was effectively filed on Friday?

Mueller vs Barr

Another Bear

Collusion bomb still coming...
Peanut Gallery Consultant
blungld
Erik Prince being in the Trump Tower meeting and then running off to Seychelles to set up a back channel; Manafort changing GOP platform and exchanging polling data with Russians; Kremlin operative in with GOP and NRA; money laundering and debts to oligarchs by Trump and other key GOP players; Moscow Tower deal negotiations during the presidency; foreknowledge of Clinton email dump; using Cambridge Analytics to micro target voters with misinformation through social media with the aid of Russian bots/hackers; secret meetings with Putin and repeated pro-Russian-interest policies and anti-NATO stances; ongoing acts of voter suppression; a near steady stream of lies and denials of every piece of evidence and total disinterest in stopping Russian interference; every effort to end investigation and no effort to cooperate or testify under oath; a de facto state run propaganda blow horn participating in lies to the public; violation of emoluments clause and appointment of family to use the presidency as a for profit branding exercise; the strict execution of the Roy Cohn playbook to attack all critics, lie and never admit the truth or failure, and never apologize or listen; an obsessive appeal to his base with bigoted rhetoric and the most polarizing policy as protection from Congressional oversight; the installation of court judges for future protection; and the existence of compromising information from sex scandals (prostitution, trafficking, molestation/harassment/and under age) and financial crimes that can all be used to silence critics and direct US officials (including Trump) to do the bidding of Trump/Putin...and that's not the entire list.

Hell yeah, there was mutha effing collusion. But the way they will arrest him is on obstruction and financial misconduct.

People want a Hollywood version of "collusion" but what we have is this collage of crime that is a conspiracy against the United States and then a cover up of those actions. Can you even imagine three years ago a president doing any one of those things?

Looking back in a few years, those people who refused to connect the dots (I mean this is all out in the open even now) will be seen as stupid loyalists, or at the very least, willfully ignorant. I can't believe the man is still in office. He isn't just a loudmouth, or a Reality Show president, he is a criminal and a traitor. He is an actual traitor to our country. Let that sink in, our president is not working for American interests. We have voted in a criminal family with mafia ties to sit in the most sacred seat of government.

Shame on all of us. Double shame on anyone who ever supported or denied any of this.

Another Bear
Frankly if you've been following this and haven't connected the dots, you're willfully ignorant or a "look the other way and profit" Republican. Mueller is dealing with a different animal here. Even Nixon had a conscience and an idea of what was right and wrong. Trump does not so he won't give himself up like Nixon...have to take him down and that takes a little more skill and set up but Mueller can do it. I think it's just a matter of time... and then...

concordtom
Okay, internet rumor mill... not a rumor.
Check out this idiot, Dion Cini. A real winner!

concordtom
concordtom
This guy puts himself into the line of fire.
He provokes intentionally, wants conflict.

concordtom
So, I came upon this clown because there is the following viral video today where he gets kicked out of a bar. But then I found he has a history (above).

I wish we could go to that bar. I'd leave a big f***ing tip for that bartender.
I can't believe this guy hasn't been assaulted yet.
He's living dangerously.
Lots of good people showing restraint.

concordtom
Another Bear said:

Frankly if you've been following this and haven't connected the dots, you're willfully ignorant or a "look the other way and profit" Republican. Mueller is dealing with a different animal here. Even Nixon had a conscience and an idea of what was right and wrong. Trump does not so he won't give himself up like Nixon...have to take him down and that takes a little more skill and set up but Mueller can do it. I think it's just a matter of time... and then...

The case has to be so overwhelmingly obvious and grotesque that even the Dion Cini's leave trump. Otherwise, Roger Stone will call for a civil war and they will listen. "Coup d'etat!"

Stone would actually love it if Dems try to impeach trump, because then a civil war can start and trump can declare martial law and bring out the guns. Then rewrite the laws to allow him and his to stay in power.
These people are dangerous!! They need to be voted out and then physically removed. Like Don Cini at the bar.

blungld
So I am getting close to declaring my "sources" a bust...but I'm not sure.

The original assertion was that Barr and Mueller met Friday and the report was effectively though not officially filed (meaning he was debriefed and critical decisions/next steps were discussed: subpoena, indictment, and reporting to Congress), and that the report would be made "public" this week (probably Tuesday) along with probable indictment of one or more Trump family.

So, there is reporting that does seem to indicate that Barr and Mueller met on Friday. But we have no way of confirming what was discussed, and the report has yet to emerge as public and no indictments.

If nothing happens this week, then this was all just false chatter. But what I am hearing (though I am increasingly skeptical of the sources) is that the original assertions are true, and that Barr and Mueller agreed on much and have been working out their areas of disagreement, and that they know and fear what the indictment of Trump family will trigger and that it requires very careful steps and coordination between agencies and is being treated as a national security issue.

I hope that I am not guilty of hearing what I want to believe or being victim to the same type of conspiracy info that is peddled to the right through Breitbart/InfoWars/Blaze. I thought by making this public it would be an interesting study on internet factuality and my own potential cognitive dissonance to left-leaning alternative news sources. I remain curious to see and learn.

concordtom
While that's all somewhat intruiging, though not terribly satisfying, I'll repeat myself:

Is a simple heart attack too much to hope for?
concordtom
Barr and Mueller are surely discussing ways to stop the roger stone civil war crowd at the river's edge:

395, Memorial Bridge, Key Bridge for starters.

Lock down Canal Rd, MacArthur Blvd, Wisc Ave, Mass Ave, CT Ave....
And the east side of town will take care of all those corridors on their own.

Oh, Metro needs to be shut down, too. Bummer, that's a handy network.

Rule of law:
Another Bear
The thing is, Mueller is playing this whole thing INSIDE his vest, not just close. Why? Because of who's involved; the Trump Crime family, AMI/Pecker, the KGB/Putin. Mueller has an ungodly grip on this thing because a leak could sink things or give Trump fuel to repel.

I had some high up sources but they've always been every indirect, cryptic really. I stopped asking a long time ago. It's really a waiting game now. My guess things hit the fan in July/August, in the dog days of summer...and/or surprise no one was expecting.
concordtom
Another Bear said:

The thing is, Mueller is playing this whole thing INSIDE his vest, not just close. Why? Because of who's involved; the Trump Crime family, AMI/Pecker, the KGB/Putin. Mueller has an ungodly grip on this thing because a leak could sink things or give Trump fuel to repel.

I had some high up sources but they've always been every indirect, cryptic really. I stopped asking a long time ago. It's really a waiting game now. My guess things hit the fan in July/August, in the dog days of summer...and/or surprise no one was expecting.
Well, I'll look forward to hearing you spell it out when it's all over down the road...

But I just cannot fathom being satisfied by the outcome.

On 9/12, i recall reading the WSJ, and the poor reporter told very graphically what his experience was. What he saw. He was so angry, and sickened.

Bush wanted revenge against those who knocked down our towers and did so much damage!

That's how I feel, and what I want. Finality. Gone.

Instead, we will have to live with the Trump aftermath for the rest of our lives. Even with a heart attack, the crowd will continue to spew their filth and lies for decades, until eventually they all die off.

I suppose folks felt that way about WW2, too. Or vietnam.
Does the nightmare ever end?
How do we get past this?
blungld
Okay, I am officially calling BS on my sources.

They may have some inside info, but they were clearly wrong.

What they are now saying is that Barr and Mueller are in agreement (did meet last Friday) about indictment on Trump kids, but still discussing indictment of Trump. And that from their discussions and the ways sentencing and other details have played out, they are moving back release of report to April.

There is much concern about having one chance at this, and that they are treating this as a national security issue. The Pelosi quote is a signal of caution and needing more time to align all agencies (including Secret Service) for a coordinated filing of report and unsealing of indictments such that Trump/WH can not block or counter (or escape).

I think there may be truth in there, but I don't know to what degree, so I am taking this all with HUGE grain of salt and cynicism, and tuning out until something actually happens.

Unit2Sucks
blungld - are your sources personally known to you or are they people only known to you over the internet? If the latter, without a "proof of life" so to speak, hard to put much credence in what people say.
dajo9
A wrong source is not a source and should be outed so the public can examine motivations
American Vermin
blungld
Unit2Sucks said:

blungld - are your sources personally known to you or are they people only known to you over the internet? If the latter, without a "proof of life" so to speak, hard to put much credence in what people say.
2 that I know personally who share first hand and second hand info with me.

concordtom
May i buy you a beer?
You're in Connecticut, right?

I liked your old icon, though I cannot recall what it was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.