Now that the Progressives are taking Biden down....

9,561 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by cbbass1
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?

wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

Gee yet another group progressives want to piss off (I guess old white male Bernie will still support whoever the nominee turns out to be). How Trump of them.
okaydo
wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Gee yet another group progressives want to piss off (I guess old white male Bernie will still support whoever the nominee turns out to be). How Trump of them.

Yes, progressives won't back somebody who is old, white, male and heterosexual because he's old, white, male and heterosexual, which is why they backed Bernie Sanders last time.
Anarchistbear
The goofy Joe narrative validates Trump's Crazy Uncle Joe meme. (Whatever you think of Trump his nicknames are usually bullseyes. )

Biden is surrounded by handlers- consultants, staffers, media, etc. You don't think any of them have told him to cut it out? That maybe smelling women's hair or swimming naked in front of female secret service agents aren't good optics. The fact that it has gone on this long leaves two possibilities- he is totally out of it or he has odd ways of sexual gratification. Neither are an endorsement for President. Oh, and the first time Mayor Buttcheek puts his hand on a young boy will be the last time the right wing complains that too much is being made of innocent touching.
Another Bear
The swing leftward in American poltics is inevitable given nearly 70s years of post WWII conservativism driven by the military industrial complex. First it was Goldwater "Kill the Commies" conservativism. Then the Jobh Birch fringe, then the Reagan Revolution...and now Trump.

Clearly Trump is nuts. or to put things in conservative parlance: President Trump is Mentally Unwell, from the Bulwark, a nouveau consertive website.

So how are these connected? First "Kill the Commies" have come back to. inseminate the U.S., like VD. The U.S. lost the cold war, they just don't know it yet and the Reagan Revolution got us Libertarian "kill the government" BS...which got us Trump and his Nazi pals Bannon and Miller, both "kill the government" types.

The next step for the Nazi branch of the GOP...WAR, a big fcckin' WAR...because that's what they do.

Or it's a swing leftward because people are tried of this. Coinciding with massive generational shift, it's too late. Conservatives should have doled out more breadcrumbs and cake to ensure this didnt' happen instead of screw everyone and squeeze blood from a rock...b..but..BUT NO!

To the progressives...hold steady. There will be blow back but it will come no matter what. Once the old fcckers are done, me included, it'll be a clearer path. As for Trump, ignore him. He's the symptom not the cause. Frankly I say let him stay in office...because the Russia investigation is onlly starting. When the special counsels released the Watergate report and then the Starr report..it was only half way. Two more years of Trump madness and I think conservatives are done. Look at the conservative moment right now...unsustainable really. It just needs a kick in the butt. and that's coming.

Cheers.
Anarchistbear

Biden vows "hands-off" policy for trick or treaters.
wifeisafurd
okaydo said:

wifeisafurd said:

okaydo said:

Yes, progressives won't back somebody who is old, white, male and heterosexual because he's old, white, male and heterosexual, which is why they backed Bernie Sanders last time.
I was being sarcastic about the dumb comment made by the twitter turd.
drizzlybears brother
wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

...I'm actually going to laugh instead of cry when the fat orange stupid guy wins again in 2020. Gosh I wish there was a viable Third Party.
Before you hammer progressives, just remember whose people put up the first Creepy Joe Biden video on the internet. Some Senator from New York who was seeking the Presidential nomination a few years ago. The threat was don't ruin against me Joe. I know people love her, but she did quite a number on the Democrat party, not the least somehow losing to Trump.
You know that using the term "Democrat Party" demeans you.
going4roses
The trumpy white nationalist(fascist) mindset that got him in the Oval Office has not been dealt with (continues to flourish) and Dems/whomever choose/will not address the cold hard truth head on.
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Yogi58
drizzlybears brother said:

wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

...I'm actually going to laugh instead of cry when the fat orange stupid guy wins again in 2020. Gosh I wish there was a viable Third Party.
Before you hammer progressives, just remember whose people put up the first Creepy Joe Biden video on the internet. Some Senator from New York who was seeking the Presidential nomination a few years ago. The threat was don't ruin against me Joe. I know people love her, but she did quite a number on the Democrat party, not the least somehow losing to Trump.
He votes for both parties. He'll even tell you so.
wifeisafurd
Yogi Bear said:

drizzlybears brother said:

wifeisafurd said:

bearister said:

He votes for both parties. He'll even tell you so.
Actually on the local level, I vote probably vote for more Dems than Reps. I almost always vote conservative on the federal level, but having represented local government agencies and the state, amount others, federal power IMO needs to be curtailed (and if you think that is happening other "I'm goring to pull your federal funds" Donald Trump, guess again) . I did vote for Obama his first term and Clinton both terms because of the alternatives.

My Republican wife calls Hilary the gift that keeps on giving. Creepy Joe or whatever you call him can beat Trump, but is dead in the water on wining the nomination. I don't think Sanders or various very left candidates can beat Trump . Harris (or a similar positioned candidate) if she can win the nomination, can, and probably even get my vote.
chazzed
Sanders can certainly beat Trump, unless things have drastically changed since 2016.
okaydo
Wow, had no idea Joe Biden helped design the Big Game program.

bearister
chazzed said:

Sanders can certainly beat Trump, unless things have drastically changed since 2016.

No, just like Bernie crybabies didn't vote, moderate Dems won't vote if Bernie gets the nomination and tRump wins again. Any thoughts on why the Bernmeister won't release his tax filings?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
sycasey
bearister said:

chazzed said:

No, just like Bernie crybabies didn't vote, moderate Dems won't vote if Bernie gets the nomination and tRump wins again. Any thoughts on why the Bernmeister won't release his tax filings?
I have big doubts about that. Democrats want to get rid of Trump, full stop.

That's not to say he can't win again, but I don't think he can count on a de-energized Democratic electorate like last time.
Another Bear
I will vote for whoever gets the Democrat's nomination; Bernie, Uncle Joe, Kamala.

I believe the same energy and turn out that was there in '18 will be there in 2020, if not stronger.

Splitting Democrats is exactly what Trump and his Nazi boys want.

This is why I'm taking a wait and see attitude. Why rush into things when I know I'll vote for the Dem.

I have my preferences but the over-riding factor is ANYONE BUT TRUMP.

That said, if Trump is reelected, so be it. This country is broken, Russkies won the cold war and generational change is afoot.
bearister
The best part of the generational change is when the next generation gets to pick up the tab for free college so you can turn out a whole bunch of punks that spent 4 years on your dime acquiring a substance abuse problem, designer STDs and knowledge no one except McDonald's is willing to cut a paycheck for.

*I would be on board footing the bill for a certificate in a skilled trade, however.
Another Bear
Yeah...no. You'll be dead like me when it goes down. But good for you, you got yours. Screw everyone else.
Anarchistbear
It's always amusing when Old Blues who got a "free education" rant about the young uns.
Another Bear
So it appears Uncle Joe put his foot in mouth YET again without knowing it. The Gaffe Machine continues. I'll still vote for him if he gets the nod but man, he's making it difficult. What a freakin' dinosaur. Unbelievable really.

Joe Biden just made it clear he doesn't 'get' the touching controversy
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

It's always amusing when Old Blues who got a "free education" rant about the young uns.

That's a lie! I paid $212.50 per Quarter! Isn't like $20,000 a year when you factor in inflation?
BearsWiin
Another Bear said:

So it appears Uncle Joe put his foot in mouth YET again without knowing it. The Gaffe Machine continues. I'll still vote for him if he gets the nod but man, he's making it difficult. What a freakin' dinosaur. Unbelievable really.

Lost in this particular discussion is the photographic record of Biden putting his hands on men's shoulders, hugging men, and close-talking men. He's a handsy close-talker, not some prurient creep. People are making a bigger deal of this than it merits.
Another Bear
BearsWiin said:

Another Bear said:

Lost in this particular discussion is the photographic record of Biden putting his hands on men's shoulders, hugging men, and close-talking men. He's a handsy close-talker, not some prurient creep. People are making a bigger deal of this than it merits.
I get that part. Joe is old school. Upthread I posted about how he reminds me of uncles who did the same stuff, to relatives. I agree he's not a predator or p*ssy-grabbing Orange Turd but it still rubs some people the wrong way and his joking about it shows he doesnt' get that part. Sort of like how he didn't get how he chaired the Clarance Thomas hearing was basically caveman terrority...but that was 30+ years ago.

Not getting it now shows he's out of touch...still not a predator but doesn't get it and it's the 21st century. I have no problem calling my uncles and even my dad, old school knuckledraggers on some issues and I'll extend that to Joe Biden too. The issue is he's going for votes. If anything, if Joe gets the nod many women will sit the election out.

Unfortunely it's extremely difficult to fix old. I know that personally.

Another Bear
bearister said:

Anarchistbear said:

That's a lie! I paid $212.50 per Quarter! Isn't like $20,000 a year when you factor in inflation?
$212 in 1970 dollars = $1,381 in 2019. X3 = $4,143 for a year. The current tuition/fees is $13k.
BearsWiin
Another Bear said:

BearsWiin said:

Another Bear said:

I get that part. Joe is old school. Upthread I posted about how he reminds me of uncles who did the same stuff, to relatives. I agree he's not a predator or p*ssy-grabbing Orange Turd but it still rubs some people the wrong way and his joking about it shows he doesnt' get that part. Sort of like how he didn't get how he chaired the Clarance Thomas hearing was basically caveman terrority...but that was 30+ years ago.

Not getting it now shows he's out of touch...still not a predator but doesn't get it and it's the 21st century. I have no problem calling my uncles and even my dad, old school knuckledraggers on some issues and I'll extend that to Joe Biden too. The issue is he's going for votes. If anything, if Joe gets the nod many women will sit the election out, just like how you're inferring you'll do the same for Bernie if he gets the nod.

JFC, WhatTF are you talking about?

He said a mea culpa online and he's trying to address it with humor. Not sure how you can be so certain that he doesn't get it. I don't even want the guy to run, but I think this whole thing is overblown.
Another Bear
Okay, you think it's overblown. Ask some women if they think it's overblown. Don't take my word for it.

I'll leave it at that.
golden sloth
Another Bear said:

Not getting it now shows he's out of touch...still not a predator but doesn't get it and it's the 21st century. I have no problem calling my uncles and even my dad, old school knuckledraggers on some issues and I'll extend that to Joe Biden too. The issue is he's going for votes. If anything, if Joe gets the nod many women will sit the election out.

I think it is both overblown and a problem, and I will still vote for him if he gets the nod, but this makes me think he is less likely to get the nod.
BearsWiin
Another Bear said:

Okay, you think it's overblown. Ask some women if they think it's overblown. Don't take my word for it.

I'll leave it at that.
I said it's overblown, not a non-issue. FWIW, my wife thinks it's overblown too, and she's generally pretty sensitive to these issues in part because she's a female in a male-dominated industry.

I still want you to address my question as to how you get any inference from any of my comments that I'd sit out the general election if Bernie gets the nod. You seem to like to jump to some weird conclusions.
Another Bear
golden sloth said:

Another Bear said:

I think it is both overblown and a problem, and I will still vote for him if he gets the nod, but this makes me think he is less likely to get the nod.
This is a fair way to put it and I agree it's both...and it damages his chances. The problem is he'll have two different sides pushing back: some women and ironically the GOP, the p&ssy grabbing party who fear him.
Another Bear
BearsWiin said:

Another Bear said:

I'll leave it at that.
I said it's overblown, not a non-issue. FWIW, my wife thinks it's overblown too, and she's generally pretty sensitive to these issues in part because she's a female in a male-dominated industry.

I still want you to address my question as to how you get any inference from any of my comments that I'd sit out the general election if Bernie gets the nod. You seem to like to jump to some weird conclusions.
Honestly, thought you were someone else...and thus the edit.
bearister
BearsWiin said:

....Biden putting his hands on men's shoulders, hugging men, and close-talking men. He's a handsy close-talker, not some prurient creep. People are making a bigger deal of this than it merits.

concordtom
okaydo said:

Wow, had no idea Joe Biden helped design the Big Game program.

Wow. 1928.
Impressive!
okaydo
BearsWiin said:

Another Bear said:

Your statement is untrue -- unless you can link to 10 images of Biden being handsy with men.
bearister
Another Bear said:

bearister said:

Anarchistbear said:

$212 in 1970 dollars = $1,381 in 2019. X3 = $4,143 for a year. The current tuition/fees is $13k.

Fuzzy math!
concordtom
Watching Biden stumble in this touching issue upsets me because I am reminded of how trump ACTUALLY does stuff, like screw lots of women, porn stars, and grabs others on the plane, or on the pu**y. So, it's ridiculous that Biden should go down for simply being an excessive social grasped, a close talker, whatever.

That said, I think he looks bad and so if this doesn't clear up, he's not going to make it. Turning elsewhere, I'm going for Amy. At least, taking a look at Vann Jones Show Saturday night (by demand via my Roku app after it airs - hint hinto you all).

And after listening to this straight talk, I'm ready for a woman.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.