Mayor Pete 2020

10,380 Views | 113 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by okaydo
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I knew there was a reason I'm not a fan of Mayor Pete -- he reminds me of Cory Booker, whom I also not a fan of.

okaydo
I'm not a fan of Mayor Pete's, but that doesn't mean I'm not enjoying his candidacy...

BearsWiin
okaydo said:

I knew there was a reason I'm not a fan of Mayor Pete -- he reminds me of Cory Booker, whom I also not a fan of.

FWIW, Pete's not a former furd football player
Anarchistbear
Isn't Booker gay too? He's using the wrong algorithm
okaydo

wifeisafurd
Anarchistbear said:

Isn't Booker gay too? He's using the wrong algorithm
Booker did say he had a Spartacus moment, but I think he probably wasn't thinking abut Tony Curtis.
okaydo
Anarchistbear
okaydo said:

" So there are these guys at Cambridge Analytics that can help you, just friend me.. is that a Sonic! I love Sonic"

" Me too! You have to try the Blast Cup with sprinkles!"
Cal88
Beavis and Butt-gieg
bearister
okaydo said:

"There's only two people who blink less than me: Elizabeth Holmes and Rod Rosenstein."
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

concordtom
Here come the homophobes.
(As I said, he is unelectable.)

For Pete, we have to expect that a successful candidacy will be dampening down that phobia, the myths. Path to normalization takes time. Culture.
concordtom
Stunning though, that people are more comfortable with a liar bully cheat narcissist bumbling fool in the WH than a smart fair capable gay guy.
Sad.
GBear4Life
concordtom said:

Stunning though, that people are more comfortable with a liar bully cheat narcissist bumbling fool in the WH than a smart fair capable gay guy.
Sad.
You're having repetitive conversations with yourself on multiple threads. In my humble opinion, that should concern you more than political theater.

Also, political elections are not inherently affirmations of character. It's folly to treat them as such.
blungld
GBear4Life said:

You're having repetitive conversations with yourself on multiple threads. In my humble opinion, that should concern you more than political theater.

Also, political elections are not inherently affirmations of character. It's folly to treat them as such.
Is this what is going to happen now? The Trump supporters on these threads are going to lecture the rest on what should and should not be done and explain political theater and character to the people who have shown to have a much better understanding?

Can you at least do a little introspection before you start attacking the Dem candidates and posters. You have been shown to be wrong and given a pass to an immoral and criminal WH. Maybe you want to learn from and listen to the ones who didn't instead of just plowing ahead with the same thinking? You really have no sense of humility and taking stock--let alone maybe some form of mea culpa?
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

concordtom said:

Sad.

What concerns me is that there are hordes of people with mindsets like yours walking amongst us, in every city, in every state. You guys are like an Ebola breakout amongst the general population. Unfortunately, you are also like zombies, cause you don't die or go away.

Hey, look, somebody else has already identified the same observational sentiment:

Actually, I thought I invented the phrase/concept Trump Zombie. Alas, very late to the party.

GBear4Life
You're unhinged.

Everybody who disagrees with you or calls you out is a stereotypical Trump sycophant, apparently. This is a pathology centered on undeserved self- and moral-superiority
NYCGOBEARS
GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Everybody who disagrees with you or calls you out is a stereotypical Trump sycophant, apparently. This is a pathology centered on undeserved self- and moral-superiority

Nah... He's just weird.
concordtom
GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Alright then. If you think you're so right and I'm so wrong tell me why you would stick with Trump as your guy?
I would love to be convinced, because this whole episode has given me great sadness and pause for the human race. If so many Americans are able to not see the horror which he is, I fear we are doomed.
concordtom
NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Nah... He's just weird.
Well, I suppose we'll always have Cal Basketball circa 2012 +/- a few, when it was fun.
Btw, whatever happened to your NYC twin?
Yogi58
blungld said:

GBear4Life said:

Is this what is going to happen now? The Trump supporters on these threads are going to lecture the rest on what should and should not be done and explain political theater and character to the people who have shown to have a much better understanding?

Can you at least do a little introspection before you start attacking the Dem candidates and posters. You have been shown to be wrong and given a pass to an immoral and criminal WH. Maybe you want to learn from and listen to the ones who didn't instead of just plowing ahead with the same thinking? You really have no sense of humility and taking stock--let alone maybe some form of mea culpa?
Stop trying to converse with this clown. Ignore him. Talk down to him if you must interact at all.
Yogi58
NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Nah... He's just weird.
Better to be weird than be an enemy of democracy.
GBear4Life
Yogi Bear said:

blungld said:

GBear4Life said:

Stop trying to converse with this clown. Ignore him. Talk down to him if you must interact at all.
Blungld, did you hear him? He gave you a direct order! Belittle me!!!! ROFL

Yogi, unbeknownst to him, has become a caricature of the Leftist even liberals have started to make fun of through his endless of train of stereotypical posts (Someone disagrees with your compassion orthodoxy? Attack them, discredit them, obfuscate, appeal to emotional finger wagging -- they will rightfully point out the flaws in your argumentation, but you will have departed from the abject failure of your positions. WINNING!)
NYCGOBEARS
concordtom said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Nah... He's just weird.
Well, I suppose we'll always have Cal Basketball circa 2012 +/- a few, when it was fun.
Btw, whatever happened to your NYC twin?

I didn't mean weird as a pejorative. NYCBear has been dealing with some stuff and taking a break. Not a Wyking fan.
Cal88
That's understandable, we are all afflicted with varying degrees of Cal Basketball PTSD.
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
Mayor Pete has jumped the shark. Let's all pay attention to Warren again.
Anarchistbear
B.A. Bearacus said:

One of the two Democrats you can vote for without applying Purrell to your hands afterwards
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Did you watch the town halls tonight.
Pete continues to impress!
I'm serious.

I still say he can't win in 2020, but if I were the winner, I'd be finding him a position on my staff! And then we'll see where he's at in another decade or so. And where the phobic nation is at.
Yogi58
concordtom said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

Did you watch the town halls tonight.
Pete continues to impress!
I'm serious.

I still say he can't win in 2020, but if I were the winner, I'd be finding him a position on my staff! And then we'll see where he's at in another decade or so. And where the phobic nation is at.
I've yet to hear a substantive reason why I should want him to win the nomination over the other Democrats. I don't read him taking a stand on any policy. Just talking in generalities like Obama did. Well, I may really rather have Obama in office right now instead of Trump, but I'd rather have someone who wants to change things for the better.

Right now, it's just pure fanboy **** with him and I'm not remotely interested in that.
concordtom
Yogi Bear said:

I've yet to hear a substantive reason why I should want him to win the nomination over the other Democrats. I don't read him taking a stand on any policy. Just talking in generalities like Obama did. Well, I may really rather have Obama in office right now instead of Trump, but I'd rather have someone who wants to change things for the better.

Right now, it's just pure fanboy **** with him and I'm not remotely interested in that.
Okay, well, here's what I have liked when listening to him.

He is comfortable with himself. I was a bit disappointed with Klobuchar in that she appeared nervous at times, and she appears to feign smiles and enthusiasm, acting like her own cheerleader. Bernie is also just himself, which I like. Elizabeth Warren did a good job, but she also seems to craft stuff too much. Pete is just flat-line emotional. Not dead, and not feigning anything. He is just himself. That's huge. When the lights are on and everybody is watching you, are you able to think your way thru answers? There are no bigger lights than the US Presidency.

He is smart as hell. It's just apparent, listening to him.
He is able to speak intelligently about anything thrown at him so far.
He is honest. Appears to be a straight shooter.
His values matches mine fairly closely. Like, I like the way he thinks and expresses himself.
The way he talks about religion is great. He totally is for separation of church and state, doesn't want to impose his religion on anyone. He doesn't wrap himself up in biblical talk the way so many republicans do, nor does he distance himself from religion the way so many democrats do. There's none of this staged Reaganesque "god bless America" crap, which, I'm sorry, but after a lifetime of it comes off as "and remember, gods on our side" signaling. I get the sense Pete says, "god is not on any particular side."

He is crystal clear that the #1 goal is to get Trump out. He is horrible. (They all said that last night which was music to my ears.)
He was crystal clear is answering that prisoners should not get right to vote.

Have you listened to him?
If you are not impressed, why?

I'd like to see him graduate from Mayor. I'd like to see him talk on Mitch McConnell. I'd like to see him engaged in a public spat the way Nancy Pelosi engages in every day.

Obama AND Pete are very similar in that they are smart and cool under the collar. You need that. Obama could have been more effective were he older. Same goes for Pete.

I think eventually the homophobia is what disallows Pete to move on in this race, but his career arc will be interesting to watch. How would he do running a company, as a senator or governor?
concordtom
NYCGOBEARS said:

concordtom said:

NYCGOBEARS said:

GBear4Life said:

You're unhinged.

Nah... He's just weird.

I didn't mean weird as a pejorative.
Oh, you mean like when Bad means Good?

GBear4Life
It will come down to Bernie and Warren. The rest are just wasting their time.
Anarchistbear
GBear4Life said:

It will come down to Bernie and Warren. The rest are just wasting their time.

Although these are the only two I would vote for, I think you are wrong about Warren. She is a terrible retail politician. She should have way more traction than she does.
GBear4Life
Possibly. Voters are fickle. She lacks charisma, as did Hillary.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.