Mass shooting at Gilroy Garlic Festival

10,007 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
Yogi011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Biggest threat to public safety is white people
OneKeg
BearNakedLadies said:

Another tragedy. Hoping casualties are no more than reported.

BNL, I suspect we are on the same end of the US political spectrum (left), but please consider changing the content and spirit of your post. It doesn't help and certainly will not change anyone's mind. Speaking as a non-white person (not that it matters).

Yes there are multiple issues to discuss once the facts all come out, but maybe don't lead by throwing virtual bombs talking about people of one specific race? Just because some of our leaders do it doesn't mean we should, especially in a moment of grief, of which there have been too many.
Yogi011
OneKeg said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Another tragedy. Hoping casualties are no more than reported.

BNL, I suspect we are on the same end of the US political spectrum (left), but please consider changing the content and spirit of your post. It doesn't help and certainly will not change anyone's mind. Speaking as a non-white person (not that it matters).

Yes there are multiple issues to discuss once the facts all come out, but maybe don't lead by throwing virtual bombs talking about people of one specific race? Just because some of our leaders do it doesn't mean we should, especially in a moment of grief, of which there have been too many.
I'm a little past thoughts and prayers at this point. Facts are facts.
OneKeg
Ok, do what you need to do. I wasn't saying T&P either.
okaydo
Prediction: By the time of the next presidential debate, which is in less than 48 hours, this story will have long been forgotten.

I subscribe to nearly a thousand twitter feeds, many of them news, and this story is getting so little Ttention as it is.
okaydo
oski003
BearNakedLadies said:

Let's generalize even more and say, "People are the biggest threat to public safety.". It's less racist.
bearister
"The momentum for gun control legislation in the United States has been blunted repeatedly by the use of the phrase "now is not the time", offered as a defense against what could potentially be hastily-drafted laws.[29] David Weigel pointed out that repeated calls to wait for an "appropriate time" to discuss gun control is the strategy used by the National Rifle Association (NRA) to avoid meaningful legislative action.[30]" Wikipedia
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Yogi011
oski003 said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Let's generalize even more and say, "People are the biggest threat to public safety.". It's less racist.
Oh, let's not Mr. "We need to secure our borders from brown people."
sycasey
Take away all the guns.
BearForce2
BearNakedLadies said:

Racist statement.
Yogi011
BearForce2 said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Racist statement.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

B.A. Bearacus
Alert: senile, heartless man thinks he is a news reporter.

okaydo
This is big news.

concordtom
BearNakedLadies said:

If all the stuff Trump says is racist, so is this !!!
Come on, man. Construct your point better than that.
concordtom
B.A. Bearacus said:

Alert: senile, heartless man thinks he is a news reporter.

Good one. It's crazy, right? He gets it from the media, and then rebroadcasts it as if HE is the pinnacle mouthpiece.

He loves attention. He loves the sound of his own voice. He thinks he is at a party and everyone is hanging on his host with the most moves.
Playing the narcissist.
bearister
The shooter was heard saying he was angry. It will be real interesting what he was angry about and who participated in feeding that beast within him.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

Take away all the guns.
Take away your right to post about gun violence. It's a 'privilege' you've clearly abused.
GBear4Life
BearNakedLadies said:

What a racist POS clown.

Bearacus, resident outrage thermometer, seemed to overlook this OP so he can rehash more Trump tweets. I'm shocked that the loudest actually don't care about racism or civility or lives itself -- just the opportunity to stand on the shoulders of provocative headlines

"Mass shootings" (6 or injured/dead) are a tiny fraction of gun violence. Half of homicides are committed by African Americans, who are only 13% of the population. over 85% of their victims are also AA. Since an extraordinarily high percentage of all homicides are intraracial, the statistically correct answer to "the biggest threat to your safety" is other people who look like you.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Take away all the guns.
Take away your right to post about gun violence. It's a 'privilege' you've clearly abused.

Take your guns away first.
Anarchistbear
?w=782&h=442

Killer is Santino William Legan
Iranian and Italian flags- so typical Muslim Catholic Nut Job
B.A. Bearacus
CNN on the shooter's instagram post before killing a 6-year-old boy and others:

Quote:

"Read Might is Right by Ragnar Redbeard," the caption said. "Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white tw**s?"

A "mestizo" is a person of mixed descent, usually white and Hispanic, or white and American Indian. "Might is Right" is a book published in the late 1800s which has been described as a white supremacist text that promotes anarchy, vilifies Christianity and calls Jesus the "true Prince of Evil." The natural order, according to the book, is a world at war in which the strong must vanquish the weak, and white men must rule over those of color.

bearister
bearister said:

The shooter was heard saying he was angry. It will be real interesting what he was angry about and who participated in feeding that beast within him.

GILROY GUNMAN CITED WHITE SUPREMACIST MANIFESTO ON INSTAGRAM JUST BEFORE SHOOTING

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/gilroy-shooter-white-supremacist-manifesto-instagram-1451586%3famp=1

Well, I can't believe that the Orange Tub of Guts and Fox News could have any culpability at all in feeding the beast inside him.

GBear4Life
Partisan Leftists care less about the tragedy than they do about being able to point out to all their stupid friends that Trump is culpable cuz duuuuuh white supremacy durpppp
B.A. Bearacus
If it can happen at the Gilroy Garlic festival, it can happen at noon on Sproul Plaza while school is in session. No one would be surprised AT ALL if something like that happened and 50-100 Berkeley students were hit. The only difference is that the thread around the Cal massacre would live on longer than all the other assault weapon massacre threads and the NRA-aligned folks would just lay low until the next massacre because this one ran a little too hot.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

Partisan Leftists care less about the tragedy than they do about being able to point out to all their stupid friends that Trump is culpable cuz duuuuuh white supremacy durpppp

Interestingly enough, the Alt Right would be first to tell you that they love and are inspired by tRump. The melee at Berkeley City Hall a couple of years ago was a pro tRump rally manned by the Proud Boys and opposed by the ANTIFA Ninjas. Both groups are equally heinous to me but you are ignoring the facts if you don't think that with regard to the more lunatic fringes of the Alt Right Movement that tRump and certain elements of Fox News are not the equivalent of the talking dog that was giving kill directives to David Berkowitz.
GBear4Life
bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

Interestingly enough, the Alt Right would be first to tell you that they love and are inspired by tRump. The melee at Berkeley City Hall a couple of years ago was a pro tRump rally manned by the Proud Boys and opposed by the ANTIFA Ninjas. Both groups are equally heinous to me but you are ignoring the facts if you don't think that with regard to the more lunatic fringes of the Alt Right Movement that tRump and certain elements of Fox News are not the equivalent of the talking dog that was giving kill directives to David Berkowitz.
And there were hateful anti-Americans who loved Obama. We've been over this. You're better than this.
AunBear89
Remind me again: how many of those "hateful anti-Americans who loved Obama" shot up a public gathering and killed and wounded innocent people?

Asking for a friend...
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

Not me. I care about taking away all the guns.
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Yeah we know buddy, just don't come knocking on our doors when the Zombie apocalypse comes looking for shelter and protection, K?
GBear4Life
AunBear89 said:

Remind me again: how many of those "hateful anti-Americans who loved Obama" shot up a public gathering and killed and wounded innocent people?

Asking for a friend...
Again, at the risk of giving people too much credit, you're better than this.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

bearister said:

GBear4Life said:

And there were hateful anti-Americans who loved Obama. We've been over this. You're better than this.

...but when is the last time an Obama lover and a fan of the liberal media engaged in a mass shooting? Oh, and you would be surprised at the things I am "not better than."
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

Yeah we know buddy, just don't come knocking on our doors when the Zombie apocalypse comes looking for shelter and protection, K?
It's already here, just a different kind of zombie.
BearForce2
BearNakedLadies said:

BearForce2 said:

BearNakedLadies said:

Racist statement.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

"Based on statistics, the largest number of mass shootings in the US between 1982 and May 2019 where committed by white people." That's very different from your statement. If you think it's the same thing, just substitute white with black and see how that sounds.
Unit2Sucks
I'm surprised we haven't yet reached the point in this thread where the totally-not-racists point out how many people of color died this weekend in Chicago as I've seen elsewhere to deflect from yet another mass shooting.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.