Did Epstein really commit suicide ?

12,212 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by calbear93
okaydo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Unit2Sucks
Seems like Epstein tries to suicide himself before so I don't know why this surprises anyone. The fact that he wasn't on suicide watch is a bit peculiar but probably just another example of how poorly run the federal government is, particularly under this administration.

Epstein's molesting days were clearly over so I guess he had very little to live for.
GBear4Life
Epstein was suicidal because of the shame he felt once publicly outed.

Shame is a good thing, it gets a bad rap sometimes.
Anarchistbear
GBear4Life said:

He was outed in 2008. Time release shame?
GBear4Life
Anarchistbear said:

GBear4Life said:

He was outed in 2008. Time release shame?
There was more shame to come.
MSaviolives
Is it wrong that I am enjoying the rorschach test that the "apparent" suicide (as the media is reporting it) provides for each person to fashion their own personal conspiracy theory based on their political biases?
sp4149
MSaviolives said:

Is it wrong that I am enjoying the rorschach test that the "apparent" suicide (as the media is reporting it) provides for each person to fashion their own personal conspiracy theory based on their political biases?
A couple of years ago I realized that Trump accuses 'his enemies' of crimes he seems to have committed, he just can't help it. HIs tweet accusing the Clintons, is more an admission of an involvement with Epstein.
wifeisafurd
MSaviolives said:

Barr: "co-conspirators should nor rest easy." Keep enjoying.
MSaviolives
wifeisafurd said:

MSaviolives said:

Do you read that to mean co-conspirators in Epstein's death or in his pedophile activities? I read it to mean the latter. To be clear, I have no idea whether Epstein was killed as part of a conspiracy, or if he bribed the guards to look the other way so he could kill himself, or if simple incompetence was involved.

As for the latter, I am reminded of Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
wifeisafurd
MSaviolives said:

wifeisafurd said:

MSaviolives said:

Do you read that to mean co-conspirators in Epstein's death or in his pedophile activities? I read it to mean the latter. To be clear, I have no idea whether Epstein was killed as part of a conspiracy, or if he bribed the guards to look the other way so he could kill himself, or if simple incompetence was involved.

As for the latter, I am reminded of Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
As I read the article, he was responding to Epstein's death. I'm not sure if he meant the people running the prison or some global conspiracy like the type you would see on TV or in movies. Rather loose language from an attorney general.
MSaviolives
sp4149 said:

MSaviolives said:

A couple of years ago I realized that Trump accuses 'his enemies' of crimes he seems to have committed, he just can't help it. HIs tweet accusing the Clintons, is more an admission of an involvement with Epstein.
Are you Cal grad Max Boot? The opening sentence from his Washington Post column today:

Quote:

President Trump projects so much that it's a wonder he hasn't gotten a job in a movie theater.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/08/11/does-trump-really-want-debate-mental-fitness/
bearister
Are we now to assume that Ghislaine Maxwell's life expectancy is that of a medic's on Normandy Beach?

Ghislaine Maxwell: the woman accused of helping Jeffrey Epstein groom girls | Jeffrey Epstein | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/12/ghislaine-maxwell-woman-accused-jeffrey-epstein-groom-girls

*I bet I can guess what her nickname is.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
dajo9
bearister said:

Are we now to assume that Ghislaine Maxwell's life expectancy is that of a medic's on Normandy Beach?

Ghislaine Maxwell: the woman accused of helping Jeffrey Epstein groom girls | Jeffrey Epstein | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/aug/12/ghislaine-maxwell-woman-accused-jeffrey-epstein-groom-girls

*I bet I can guess what her nickname is.

No doubt, she'll be killed by a Clinton in a Trump controlled facility.
American Vermin
Another Bear
Jesus Christ, the "wealthy" can be a really fccked up bunch. Word is, no one knows how Epstein's brother gained his wealth either, given both are/were average kids from Brooklyn. Let's see if he dies.
BearGoggles
sycasey said:

Apparently Bill Clinton has been able to execute all kinds of dastardly criminal schemes for multiple decades and get away with it, but somehow he can't get his wife elected President.
HRC would have been elected if she listened to Bill. Dude is a scum bag, but his political instincts and abilities can't be disputed.
B.A. Bearacus
Photos of Epstein offer new clues.

bearister
Of all the people in Epstein's sphere, who has the most to lose?

bearister
In an act of poetic justice, I hope Epstein went out like David Carradine.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Photos of Epstein offer new clues.

That J. Epstein is also a resident of the Marble Orchard.
B.A. Bearacus
BearGoggles
I'm amused by how many people in this thread think Epstein was particularly bad for Trump. They knew each other and, not surprisingly, before the pedophilia was known, Trump said nice things about him (like he does about everyone, including Putin and Kim). But by most accounts they weren't particularly close and Trump disassociated a long time ago.

In contrast, Epstein was a big Dem donor who, in addition to being long time friends with the Clintons, gave big dollars to Schumer and the DNC. Bill regularly flew on the Lolita express.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/24/democratic-groups-will-not-commit-to-returning-donating-epstein-funds.html

I'm guessing that far from being relieved by Epstein's death, Trump is disappointed this scandal most likely won't be a campaign issue next year. The only hope is that the DOJ can squeeze the other con-conspirators (who may already be cooperating) or follow the money.
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

I'm amused by how many people in this thread think Epstein was particularly bad for Trump. They knew each other and, not surprisingly, before the pedophilia was known, Trump said nice things about him (like he does about everyone, including Putin and Kim). But by most accounts they weren't particularly close and Trump disassociated a long time ago.

In contrast, Epstein was a big Dem donor who, in addition to being long time friends with the Clintons, gave big dollars to Schumer and the DNC. Bill regularly flew on the Lolita express.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/24/democratic-groups-will-not-commit-to-returning-donating-epstein-funds.html

I'm guessing that far from being relieved by Epstein's death, Trump is disappointed this scandal most likely won't be a campaign issue next year. The only hope is that the DOJ can squeeze the other con-conspirators (who may already be cooperating) or follow the money.

Really? I understand the right wing spin will overwhelm the facts of this story but Epstein was recruiting underage masseuses from Trump properties, is on video partying with Trump, and Trump has been accused by an Epstein victim of rape.

Clinton has some flight logs.
American Vermin
B.A. Bearacus
BearGoggles
dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Really? I understand the right wing spin will overwhelm the facts of this story but Epstein was recruiting underage masseuses from Trump properties, is on video partying with Trump, and Trump has been accused by an Epstein victim of rape.

Epstein gave tons of money to dems and had personal relationships with Schumer, Bill Richardson, the Clintons, John Kerry, among others. Trump eventually banished him from mar lago - well before anyone knew of the pedophilia.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeffrey-epstein-donated-democrats-1990s-early-2000s/story?id=64255485

Even Vox acknowledges Trump long ago cut off Epstein, cooperated with his accusers, and that the rape claim is a sham. Is Vox the source of right wing spin? From the article linked below:

" In 2009, Brad Edwards, an attorney who has represented various Epstein victims, had Trump served with a subpoena for testimony in a case against Epstein.

But Edwards is not alleging any wrongdoing from Trump; rather, the opposite. He said in a recent interview that he had served subpoenas on many connected people in 2009, and that Trump was "the only person who picked up the phone and said, 'Let's just talk. I'll give you as much time as you want.'"

Edwards added that Trump "was very helpful, in the information that he gave," calling it "good information that checked out and that helped us." And, he said, Trump "gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever."

Virginia Roberts's lawsuit: In 1999, 16-year-old Virginia Roberts worked as a spa attendant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. It was there, she says, that Epstein's girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell recruited her to give massages to Epstein at his house. But Roberts (who now goes by Virginia Giuffre) hasn't accused Trump of any wrongdoing, and her previous status as a Mar-a-Lago employee is the only connection to Trump.

The Katie Johnson lawsuit: This is the only accusation against Trump for Epstein-related wrongdoing. An anonymous woman sued Trump in 2016, claiming that in 1994, he violently raped her at an orgy hosted by Epstein. She said she was 13 years old at the time, and accused Epstein of raping her as well. She first filed suit in California under the name "Katie Johnson," and when it was thrown out there for technical reasons, she filed it in New York under "Jane Doe."

But many journalists were wary about this claim. There was no corroborating evidence offered (except for affidavits from two anonymous people claiming to have been told of or witnessed it), and the suit appeared "to have been orchestrated by an eccentric anti-Trump campaigner with a record of making outlandish claims about celebrities," the Guardian's Jon Swaine wrote. Jezebel's Anna Merlan tried for some time to get to the bottom of what was going on and concluded in June 2016, "The facts speak less to a scandal and more, perhaps, to an attempt at a smear."

Trump himself said, "The allegations are not only categorically false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated."

All that was before the Access Hollywood tape and before many women had spoken outpublicly to accuse Trump of sexual assault. But even after that, the anonymity of "Katie Johnson" and the sketchiness of her associates kept mainstream US journalists wary about this accusation. She ended up withdrawing her lawsuit days before the 2016 election; her attorney Lisa Bloom said it was because she was getting death threats."

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton
dajo9
BearGoggles said:

dajo9 said:

BearGoggles said:

Epstein gave tons of money to dems and had personal relationships with Schumer, Bill Richardson, the Clintons, John Kerry, among others. Trump eventually banished him from mar lago - well before anyone knew of the pedophilia.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jeffrey-epstein-donated-democrats-1990s-early-2000s/story?id=64255485

Even Vox acknowledges Trump long ago cut off Epstein, cooperated with his accusers, and that the rape claim is a sham. Is Vox the source of right wing spin? From the article linked below:

" In 2009, Brad Edwards, an attorney who has represented various Epstein victims, had Trump served with a subpoena for testimony in a case against Epstein.

But Edwards is not alleging any wrongdoing from Trump; rather, the opposite. He said in a recent interview that he had served subpoenas on many connected people in 2009, and that Trump was "the only person who picked up the phone and said, 'Let's just talk. I'll give you as much time as you want.'"

Edwards added that Trump "was very helpful, in the information that he gave," calling it "good information that checked out and that helped us." And, he said, Trump "gave no indication whatsoever that he was involved in anything untoward whatsoever."

Virginia Roberts's lawsuit: In 1999, 16-year-old Virginia Roberts worked as a spa attendant at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort. It was there, she says, that Epstein's girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell recruited her to give massages to Epstein at his house. But Roberts (who now goes by Virginia Giuffre) hasn't accused Trump of any wrongdoing, and her previous status as a Mar-a-Lago employee is the only connection to Trump.

The Katie Johnson lawsuit: This is the only accusation against Trump for Epstein-related wrongdoing. An anonymous woman sued Trump in 2016, claiming that in 1994, he violently raped her at an orgy hosted by Epstein. She said she was 13 years old at the time, and accused Epstein of raping her as well. She first filed suit in California under the name "Katie Johnson," and when it was thrown out there for technical reasons, she filed it in New York under "Jane Doe."

But many journalists were wary about this claim. There was no corroborating evidence offered (except for affidavits from two anonymous people claiming to have been told of or witnessed it), and the suit appeared "to have been orchestrated by an eccentric anti-Trump campaigner with a record of making outlandish claims about celebrities," the Guardian's Jon Swaine wrote. Jezebel's Anna Merlan tried for some time to get to the bottom of what was going on and concluded in June 2016, "The facts speak less to a scandal and more, perhaps, to an attempt at a smear."

Trump himself said, "The allegations are not only categorically false, but disgusting at the highest level and clearly framed to solicit media attention or, perhaps, are simply politically motivated."

All that was before the Access Hollywood tape and before many women had spoken outpublicly to accuse Trump of sexual assault. But even after that, the anonymity of "Katie Johnson" and the sketchiness of her associates kept mainstream US journalists wary about this accusation. She ended up withdrawing her lawsuit days before the 2016 election; her attorney Lisa Bloom said it was because she was getting death threats."

https://www.vox.com/2019/7/9/20686347/jeffrey-epstein-trump-bill-clinton
Thanks for confirming everything I wrote above
American Vermin
bearister

Jeffrey Epstein Spent Time Alone With Young Female Prison Visitor

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/richardbehar/2019/08/15/jeffrey-epstein-spent-time-alone-with-young-female-prison-visitor/amp/

Another Bear
"Okay Jeff, here's the deal...one last youngster to bang because we know you're an OCD perv...then you kill your self, deal? Or do we do it our way?"

"What's your way ahole?"

"We take these things called a Jorvet Emasculatome...and get to work."

"Hahaha..."

"It's what cowboys use to castrate bulls. We won't use any anesthesia...you just bite your llp."

(drops on table)

Okay...the ball clipper is a joke but I do imagine a trade was made.
bearister

I hope she owns Kevlar long johns.
B.A. Bearacus
BearlyCareAnymore
B.A. Bearacus said:

I've been saying all along, conspiracy theories of murder were silly.

1. This is real life, not an episode of Law and Order. Murder is actually a bridge too far for most people

2. Even if the immorality of murder isn't a bridge too far, the risk of getting caught is.

3. Why would you murder a suicidal person? You just "fall asleep" and give him the opportunity to take care of it himself. If there was any conspiracy theory to be had it would be in why he was taken off suicide watch and left unsupervised shortly after trying to kill himself
bearister
Not so fast, boys...

B.A. Bearacus

Another Bear

"I was not consulted in these matters and I have no intent to fulfill these duties, whatsoever."
- Boris Nikolic

In other Epstein news: Prominent MIT professor resigns in protest over lab's links to Epstein
bearister
Epstein's body bore marks of strangulation, claims medical examiner

https://mol.im/a/7630343

blungld

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.