Another Mass Shooting in California

8,328 Views | 81 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by going4roses
sycasey
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

You seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between what I personally WANT and what I WILL SETTLE FOR based on current political realities.

I hope that one day the public will come around to my preference for a full civilian gun ban. Given that is not the reality now, I will settle for other gun control measures that do currently enjoy majority support.
This has always been my understanding of your position. What you would settle for is irrelevant. You support a full gun ban. That is what is nonsensical in my view, and that's what I was criticizing. If I was a Nazi in Germany 80 years ago, I'd support exterminating all Jews, but I might settle for imprisoning all of them and making them slaves. What I'd settle for is irrelevant in evaluating the merit of the position I'd prefer. It doesn't save me from criticism for supporting genocide.

Do YOU get it?

Banning guns = support for genocide

Got it.
I knew you'd go there! You know analogies are to illuminate comparative logic, not to literally equate the two scenarios. You were attempting to skate accountability for your gun ban by asserting your willingness to compromise.

But hey, now we're not talking about your gun ban

But you are basically saying that you find a lack of guns in society as equally unacceptable as the Holocaust, yes? Otherwise why make such an analogy?
GBear4Life
sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

You seem to have a hard time understanding the difference between what I personally WANT and what I WILL SETTLE FOR based on current political realities.

I hope that one day the public will come around to my preference for a full civilian gun ban. Given that is not the reality now, I will settle for other gun control measures that do currently enjoy majority support.
This has always been my understanding of your position. What you would settle for is irrelevant. You support a full gun ban. That is what is nonsensical in my view, and that's what I was criticizing. If I was a Nazi in Germany 80 years ago, I'd support exterminating all Jews, but I might settle for imprisoning all of them and making them slaves. What I'd settle for is irrelevant in evaluating the merit of the position I'd prefer. It doesn't save me from criticism for supporting genocide.

Do YOU get it?

Got it.
I knew you'd go there! You know analogies are to illuminate comparative logic, not to literally equate the two scenarios. You were attempting to skate accountability for your gun ban by asserting your willingness to compromise.

But you are basically saying that you find a lack of guns in society as equally unacceptable as the Holocaust, yes? Otherwise why make such an analogy?
TO ILLUMINATE THE ABSURDITY OF YOU USING YOUR WILLINGESS TO COMPROMISE AS A CRUTCH TO AVOID ANSWERING FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT/PREFER: A GUN BAN.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I'M SAYING
Yogi011
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Do YOU get it?
In a short career full of dumbassery, this is the dumbassiest thing you've ever written.
sycasey
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Do YOU get it?

Got it.

TO ILLUMINATE THE ABSURDITY OF YOU USING YOUR WILLINGESS TO COMPROMISE AS A CRUTCH TO AVOID ANSWERING FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT/PREFER: A GUN BAN.

No I don't, because I don't think I've avoided stating my preference for a gun ban at all. I say it all the time.

You seem very emotional about this issue.
offshorebear
GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

GBear4Life said:

sycasey said:

Do YOU get it?

Got it.

You don't own any assault rifles, large magazines, or body armor by chance, do you? Just askin, ya know, on behalf of myself and the rest of society.
GBear4Life
Just a pump action shotgun
GBear4Life
BearNakedLadies said:

In a short career full of dumbassery, this is the dumbassiest thing you've ever written.
Thanks
B.A. Bearacus
sycasey
Take away all the guns.
bearister
Menace of Destruction Gang involvement?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
That means civil war.
bearister

Yep. There will be blood. Among the toughest people God put on earth. We're talkin' heavy pipe totin', blow torches, pliers, and full Medieval.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menace_of_Destruction

*Oops! You weren't replying to my post.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
going4roses
Lol

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.