Trump / HSA Death Panels

1,583 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AunBear89
sp4149
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Since Aug 16th, the Trump Administration has been sending out letters (from HSA) to critically ill foreign children receiving life saving care in US hospitals that the program allowing them to stay in the country to receive medical care has ended and they have 33 days to leave. Final decision, go die elsewhere.

The HSA letters first surfaced in Boston where several patients at Boston's Children's Hospital received deportation notices. Rachel Maddow reported Tuesday night the Boston stories. Since then similar letters have surfaced in Miami, but no where else yet. The Trump Administration is not commenting, since they did not announced this change in policy; but who in the Trump Administration just looks like The Angel of Death? And has been working on changing immigration policy? Well there aren't many permanent Trump administrators any more; But if you said Stephen Miller; I would instantly agree.

And I wouldn't be alone. Google agrees...
bearister
Can someone please explain to me how a Christian can be a tRump supporter. Aren't those diametrically opposed concepts?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
BearForce2
bearister said:

Can someone please explain to me how a Christian can be a tRump supporter. Aren't those diametrically opposed concepts?
Oh have a drink first, then you'll start wondering why I haven't thought about illegals before Trump.

going4roses
BearNIt
bearister said:

Yes.
sp4149
BearNIt said:

bearister said:

Yes.
I think the problem is in definition. We have American Evangelicals praying for the end of the world and on the other side: Christians in the rest of the world; They are not the Same. Thus it is easy for American Christians to support the persecution of Christians in countries the President 'foregives'.

The Trump Presidency Theme
GBear4Life
bearister said:

That's hard to do, when Christianity -- western religions generally -- is a hodgepodge of tenets available to anybody in a buffet-like ala carte manner. I don't know what it means to be Christian, or Jewish, or Muslim. I know what it should mean, but in reality that's not the case.
GBear4Life
It seems the core tenets of Jesus are pretty opposed to western liberal capitalism generally, including both American political ideologies. I don't think Jesus put any value on nation-states and their borders.
bearister
GBear4Life said:

It seems the core tenets of Jesus are pretty opposed to western liberal capitalism generally, including both American political ideologies. I don't think Jesus put any value on nation-states and their borders.

English actor Robert Powell's portrayal of Christ was piercing.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
GBear4Life said:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." -M Gandhi
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
sycasey
bearister said:

I found the interview guest in this podcast pretty enlightening:

https://crooked.com/podcast/apocalyptic-safe-spaces-with-elizabeth-bruenig/

In short: they're not totally delusional. They know Trump is no Christian. They have decided that as long as he gives them the stuff they want (conservative judges, etc.), they are fine with someone who at least works for them, even if he's not one of them.

Is this a sadly cynical way of practicing Christianity? Yes, probably. But it's how they seem to be looking at it.
AunBear89
IOIYAR! Party over country; party over creed.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.