CNN making sure Biden faces no tough questions like Trump had to face in town hall

6,923 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearForce2
Yogi38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/no-public-tickets-to-biden-town-hall/article_7932f1b6-a491-5d45-80a5-af8ce2341f80.html

No public tickets are available for a CNN town hall Thursday with Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden, a Lackawanna County stadium official said Monday.

The network is selecting the 90 attendees, all Democrats and independents, who will drive in and park near the stage, said Christopher Munley, chairman of the county multi-purpose stadium authority.
AunBear89
Bernie Bro can't let it go and wants to make sure EVERYONE knows how he feels. Over and over and over again.

Anarchistbear
Q1: Joe, is our democracy at stake in this election?
Q2: Joe, I heard the Russians are interfering with our election. Do you have a plan?
Q3: Joe, Do you think Donald Trump has enough respect for our brave men in uniform?
Yogi24
Anarchistbear said:

Q1: Joe, is our democracy at stake in this election?
Q2: Joe, I heard the Russians are interfering with our election. Do you have a plan?
Q3: Joe, Do you think Donald Trump has enough respect for our brave men in uniform?
Joe, tell us why you called Corn Pop Esther?
helltopay1
Typical question for Trump: How do you account for the fact that so many people think you are a terrible person??
Typical question for Biden: And, what did you have for breakfast, dear??And, is it really true that you are a wonderful person??
helltopay1
Anarchist: As an anarchist, since when do you have respect for our brave men in uniform? And, as an anarchist, since when do you believe in American democracy??and, as an anarchist, why would you support one of our major parties??
AunBear89
Typical Trump answer (to any question): "We're doing something very big, very important, soon, and we're looking in, you see, that's a beautiful thing, isn't it, when it goes like that and then next, it becomes like, the most beautiful thing, the likes we've seen before, never seen before. "
helltopay1
Here's another possible question for Biden: How is it that you have changed your mind on every position you took when you were a US Senator??
What tests would you be willing to undergo to prove to people that you don't have stage 3 dementia?
You said that iff a black doesn't vote for you--thgen, they are not really black--could you explain that?
you said that Trump is responsible for the rioting in our cities...could explain why/
You said that any woman who files a sexual assault charge should be presumed to be telling the truth: So how come Tara Reade should not be believed when she said that you assaulted her in your office when she worked for you?
You earlier said that you would ban fracking...then you changed your mind..what made you change your mind?
Just the other day, Kamala Harris said, " in a HarrisAdministration along with Joe Biden.....Yesterday you had a chance to remind Kamala Harris that you are at the top of the ticket, but you did not...You repeated what she said.." In a Harris Administratrion alongside Joe Biden." Do you not know that you are the one running for President rather than Vice President?????Please explain."
during the Democrat debates, Kamala Harris all but called you a racist because you supported busing policies to achieve integration. Do you agree with her that you are a racist, or, if you are not a racist, why would you want her on the ticket??
Several months ago during a campaign, you confused your wife with your sister..could explain again how that happened?
When Trump issued a ban on flights from China you said that Trump was "xenophobic." .Do you have any evidence that Trump is anti-chinese??...and, in retrospect, was it not a good thing that Trump banned flights from China??
You famously did not want Osama Bin Laden killed....could you explain why???
You claim that you are still a catholic, and, yet, you have officiated at Gay weddings and are an unabashed supporter of abortion at all three trimesters..
You have also said that, as President, you would continue to force the Little Sisters of the Poor ( a catholic charity) to still provide contraceptives and other abortifascents against their will..So--in what sense, are you still a Catholic??
helltopay1
Three more obvious questions for joie:
1) It is well known that your former boss begged you not to run on many occasions. in your own words, why was Obama so opposed to your running??
2) You have run for President many times in the past, and, have not gotten more than 1% of the vote. What is it about your Candidacy that is so different from the past?
3) After you left the White Office, you instructed the University of Delaware to release all your records from public office. ( all 49 years). Then, when you decided to run for the Presidency, you instructed Delaware to conceal all your records from public view. Joe----Do you not believe the American public has a right to access your 49 years in public office???"C'mon man'!!!!!!!!!!!How lame is that!!!!!!
AunBear89
Answer to number 1) Because he knew I'd be dealing with dipsticks like you for the next 8 years - in the media, in Congress, and on social media. He wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Yogi37
AunBear89 said:

Answer to number 1) Because he knew I'd be dealing with dipsticks like you for the next 8 years - in the media, in Congress, and on social media. He wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Why does AunBear89 respond to so many people he claims to not like? Who has the time? He's just proving to be the biggest jerk on this site, as all old-timers on Bear Insider know him to be.
Golden One
helltopay1 said:

Here's another possible question for Biden: How is it that you have changed your mind on every position you took when you were a US Senator??
What tests would you be willing to undergo to prove to people that you don't have stage 3 dementia?
You said that iff a black doesn't vote for you--thgen, they are not really black--could you explain that?
you said that Trump is responsible for the rioting in our cities...could explain why/
You said that any woman who files a sexual assault charge should be presumed to be telling the truth: So how come Tara Reade should not be believed when she said that you assaulted her in your office when she worked for you?
You earlier said that you would ban fracking...then you changed your mind..what made you change your mind?
Just the other day, Kamala Harris said, " in a HarrisAdministration along with Joe Biden.....Yesterday you had a chance to remind Kamala Harris that you are at the top of the ticket, but you did not...You repeated what she said.." In a Harris Administratrion alongside Joe Biden." Do you not know that you are the one running for President rather than Vice President?????Please explain."
during the Democrat debates, Kamala Harris all but called you a racist because you supported busing policies to achieve integration. Do you agree with her that you are a racist, or, if you are not a racist, why would you want her on the ticket??
Several months ago during a campaign, you confused your wife with your sister..could explain again how that happened?
When Trump issued a ban on flights from China you said that Trump was "xenophobic." .Do you have any evidence that Trump is anti-chinese??...and, in retrospect, was it not a good thing that Trump banned flights from China??
You claim that you are still a catholic, and, yet, you have officiated at Gay weddings and are an unabashed supporter of abortion at all three trimesters..
You have also said that, as President, you would continue to force the Little Sisters of the Poor ( a catholic charity) to still provide contraceptives and other abortifascents against their will..So--in what sense, are you still a Catholic??
Given how friendly the media is toward Biden, there isn't a chance in hell he will be asked any of those questions. He will just be lobbed softball questions that he likely has already rehearsed. The town halls he has held have been a real joke. The questions were screened in advance by his staff, and Biden was given the answer they wanted him to say. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the answers on a teleprompter that was off camera. After all, the poor guy has Stage 3 dementia.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Golden One said:

helltopay1 said:

Given how friendly the media is toward Biden, there isn't a chance in hell he will be asked any of those questions. He will just be lobbed softball questions that he likely has already rehearsed. The town halls he has held have been a real joke. The questions were screened in advance by his staff, and Biden was given the answer they wanted him to say. I wouldn't be surprised if they had the answers on a teleprompter that was off camera. After all, the poor guy has Stage 3 dementia.
I'm impressed that someone who has stage 3 dementia and according to some around here, doesn't know his wife's name can somehow muster up the mental faculties to memorize the answers to 60 minutes of questions.
LMK5
Why didn't they ask him what the Harris administration will accomplish in the first 100 days?
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
Golden One
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Golden One said:

helltopay1 said:

I'm impressed that someone who has stage 3 dementia and according to some around here, doesn't know his wife's name can somehow muster up the mental faculties to memorize the answers to 60 minutes of questions.
He doesn't memorize the answers; they're on the teleprompter right in front of him but off the camera; in some cases the answers are on notes right in front of him on the podium. Haven't you seen some of his so-called news conferences? The reporters allowed to ask questions are screened in advance, and the questions they ask were submitted in advance. Biden is then provided the answer on notes that are right in front of him. In spite of all this, on occasion he stills flubs his answer. Plus the questions are all softball questions that a normal person would be able to answer without any advance rehearsal or a teleprompter or notes. Face it--the poor guy is well into Stage 3 dementia and approaching Stage 4.
helltopay1
Thank you Golden one. Can you imagine what the Press would say if Trump were the Demo candidate ? I've never seen such a dereliction of duty in all my life. The Press is now in full campaign mode with the Demo party. Honest journalism has been officially dead since 2008 when the Fraud became President. Since Journalism schools are populated by lefty professors, I don't see honest journalism ever coming back.
helltopay1
Biden: stage 3 dementia
Press; Stage 5 dishonesty
dajo9
I didn't watch either town hall. What was a tough question Trump was asked?
American Vermin
Golden One
helltopay1 said:

Thank you Golden one. Can you imagine what the Press would say if Trump were the Demo candidate ? I've never seen such a dereliction of duty in all my life. The Press is now in full campaign mode with the Demo party. Honest journalism has been officially dead since 2008 when the Fraud became President. Since Journalism schools are populated by lefty professors, I don't see honest journalism ever coming back.
Sadly you are correct. All forms of "journalism" today are nothing more than subsidiaries of the Democrat party--that includes virtually all of today's so-called "newspapers", news magazines such as Time and Newsweek, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc. They all slant their reporting to heavily favor the Democrats. If Trump were a Democrat, he would be hailed as the greatest President in the history of our country. His list of accomplishments, domestic and international, is long and unmatched by any of those who preceded him. He just gets things done.
Golden One
dajo9 said:

You're kidding, right. Have you seen any of the President's press conferences? Watch one someday, and you'll see the difference quite clearly between a Biden presser and a Trump presser. If you can't, you're just unwilling to acknowledge the obvious.
dajo9
Golden One said:

dajo9 said:

You're kidding, right. Have you seen any of the President's press conferences? Watch one someday, and you'll see the difference quite clearly between a Biden presser and a Trump presser. If you can't, you're just unwilling to acknowledge the obvious.

I think I asked a pretty simple question
American Vermin
LMK5
helltopay1 said:

Journalism has been largely replaced by advocacy and punditry.
The truth lies somewhere between CNN and Fox.
Golden One
dajo9 said:

Golden One said:

dajo9 said:

I think I asked a pretty simple question
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-town-hall-trump-cnn-abc-joe-concha

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/politics/decision-2020/trump-to-join-voters-town-hall-at-constitution-center-in-philadelphia/2533879/

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-abc-news-town-hall-full-transcript/story?id=73035489

Unit2Sucks
dajo9 said:

I will make it easy for the Trump defenders.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trumps-abc-news-town-hall-full-transcript/story?id=73035489

Here's the last question, and it's pretty indicative of the sorts of softballs. There wasn't a single question asked at his town hall that he shouldn't have expected to answer. They were all quite obvious and based on recent events. This answer to a softball is hilarious. You'll notice that he randomly brings up "your mother" because he was confused about the previous question from a different woman whose mother had cancer but who he repeatedly claimed had COVID. He couldn't answer a question about the current weather without lying or confusing himself.

STEPHANOPOULOS: We have time for one final question. It comes from Ashley West of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
WEST: Hi, Mr. Trump.
TRUMP: Hi, Ashley.
WEST: Sorry. My question is, what has been the most difficult part of your presidency? And what have you learned from it?
TRUMP: So I think without question, I would say, because things were going so well, I think I'd have to say the whole COVID, the China virus, as I call it, because it comes from China, I think it's a much more accurate term.
But it's been very difficult, it's been so sad. As an example, talking to you about your mother, it's just a sad situation. Yes, we're getting there, we will get there, it's going to happen. But it's a very difficult -- nobody's seen anything like probably since 1917

bearister
tRump is profoundly unintelligent. Dementia, regardless of stage, would be an up play.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Here's the last question, and it's pretty indicative of the sorts of softballs. There wasn't a single question asked at his town hall that he shouldn't have expected to answer. They were all quite obvious and based on recent events. This answer to a softball is hilarious. You'll notice that he randomly brings up "your mother" because he was confused about the previous question from a different woman whose mother had cancer but who he repeatedly claimed had COVID. He couldn't answer a question about the current weather without lying or confusing himself.

STEPHANOPOULOS: We have time for one final question. It comes from Ashley West of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
WEST: Sorry. My question is, what has been the most difficult part of your presidency? And what have you learned from it?
TRUMP: So I think without question, I would say, because things were going so well, I think I'd have to say the whole COVID, the China virus, as I call it, because it comes from China, I think it's a much more accurate term.
But it's been very difficult, it's been so sad. As an example, talking to you about your mother, it's just a sad situation. Yes, we're getting there, we will get there, it's going to happen. But it's a very difficult -- nobody's seen anything like probably since 1917

You're nuts. Read the entire transcript. That last question isn't at all indicative of the type of questions asked throughout the town hall. But, please compare the questions Trump was asked with those Biden was asked. I know you won't dare do that.
Golden One
bearister said:

Trump is profoundly intelligent and knowledgeable. He is mentally alert and coherent. Unlike Biden, he shows no sign of dementia, regardless of stage.
Fixed it for you!
Blueblood
Golden One said:

bearister said:

Trump is profoundly intelligent and knowledgeable. He is mentally alert and coherent. Unlike Biden, he shows no sign of dementia, regardless of stage.
Fixed it for you!
Hey, maybe you could fix it for us real Americans to see trump's incriminating taxes!
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

You're nuts. Read the entire transcript. That last question isn't at all indicative of the type of questions asked throughout the town hall. But, please compare the questions Trump was asked with those Biden was asked. I know you won't dare do that.
Stop beating around the bush. Tell us what questions were difficult. I read the transcript and didn't see a single question that couldn't be easily answered. Prove me wrong.
dajo9
Can somebody give me a tough question that was asked of Trump?
American Vermin
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

Stop beating around the bush. Tell us what questions were difficult. I read the transcript and didn't see a single question that couldn't be easily answered. Prove me wrong.
I seriously doubt that you read much of the transcript; if you did you could have seen hard-hitting question after hard-hitting question. Here are just a few examples of questions that aren't exactly softballs:

Question from Paul Tubiana: "I thought you were doing a good job with the pandemic response until about May 1. Then you took your foot off the gas pedal. Why did you throw vulnerable people like me under the bus?"

Question from Stephanopoulos: "Mr. President, you said a number of things here. Let's talk about the mortality first. You said we're doing better in mortality than other countries. But here's this chart right here. It says the United States is right here. This is the number of deaths per million residents. Here's Western Europe here, Canada way down there. We're not at the top of the list."

Question from Joni Powell: "If you believe it's the President's responsibility to protect America, why would you downplay a pandemic that is disproportionately harming low income families and minority communities?'

Question from Stephanopoulos: "So you think it's OK to be dishonest?"

I could go on with many more, but I think my point is made. Unlike Biden, Trump was not getting softball questions.
Blueblood
More important is how trump responded to these hardball questions. I mean, he didn't really answer any of them becausehe decided that he was only goingto play softball no matter what! Although I would've liked someone ask him "when are you going to release your taxes."
Unit2Sucks
Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

I seriously doubt that you read much of the transcript; if you did you could have seen hard-hitting question after hard-hitting question. Here are just a few examples of questions that aren't exactly softballs:

Question from Paul Tubiana: "I thought you were doing a good job with the pandemic response until about May 1. Then you took your foot off the gas pedal. Why did you throw vulnerable people like me under the bus?"

Question from Stephanopoulos: "Mr. President, you said a number of things here. Let's talk about the mortality first. You said we're doing better in mortality than other countries. But here's this chart right here. It says the United States is right here. This is the number of deaths per million residents. Here's Western Europe here, Canada way down there. We're not at the top of the list."

Question from Joni Powell: "If you believe it's the President's responsibility to protect America, why would you downplay a pandemic that is disproportionately harming low income families and minority communities?'

I could go on with many more, but I think my point is made. Unlike Biden, Trump was not getting softball questions.
The only reason those would be difficult to answer is due to Trump's culpability. No one should be surprised that, gasp, people are asking Trump to answer questions about things that he's said and done during his time as President.

Seriously if you thought those were hard questions, you've been watching too much Fox and Friends. Chris Wallace and Jonathan Swan asked much more pointed questions of Trump, which, predictably, he flubbed. If you consider these tough questions, you have set the bar far too low for the presidency.
Golden One
Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

Golden One said:

Unit2Sucks said:

dajo9 said:

The only reason those would be difficult to answer is due to Trump's culpability. No one should be surprised that, gasp, people are asking Trump to answer questions about things that he's said and done during his time as President.

Seriously if you thought those were hard questions, you've been watching too much Fox and Friends. Chris Wallace and Jonathan Swan asked much more pointed questions of Trump, which, predictably, he flubbed. If you consider these tough questions, you have set the bar far too low for the presidency.

They're a helluva tougher than any question Biden has received during the past 4 months. So, as a Biden supporter, maybe you've set the bar far too low for the presidency. Biden doesn't even come close to Trump's cognitive ability.
Blueblood
Golden One said:

They're a helluva tougher than any question Biden has received during the past 4 months. [Uhh...McFly, Biden hasn't been the President "during the last 4 months"...DoooHHH] So, as a Biden supporter, maybe you've set the bar far too low for the presidency. [Impossible because "the bar" is already resting on the ground!] Biden doesn't even come close to Trump's cognitive ability. [Well you may have a point there in that trump knows enough not to release his taxes!]
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.