Rona getting closer to the Prez

39,468 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
BearlyCareAnymore
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Matthew Patel said:

OaktownBear said:

okaydo said:

Omar has no sense whatsoever.
I love it. I wish she'd been born here. There is no reason to be polite about this.

Everything she said is true. We all know it. We are all thinking it. If you said it, fine. He doesn't deserve our politeness. I agree. As a politician a month before a presidential election you have to know your party doesn't want to appear to be gloating over the President getting a life threatening illness. Cable news is saying it so you don't have to. Unlike AOC, Omar's act has been amateur hour from the beginning. This doesn't hurt Trump at all so what is the point?
harebear
bearister
Calypso said:

Looks like the Conservative priest President of ND kind of f@ucked himself volunteering to be a pawn for tRump. My grandmother told me that if you lay down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Cal84
Things to watch for next:

Now that Trump has been hospitalized, the next big sign post is whether or not he get moved to the ICU. That would be significant for two reasons. First as a signal that the illness is progressing, and second it is at that stage that he would be expected to temporarily give up his duties as President and have Pence take over command responsibility.

It is worth examining how this process played out with Boris Johnson the PM of the UK. Johnson was admitted to the hospital after his illness was not responding to treatment. Within 24 hours of entering the hospital, he was transferred to the ICU. At the time doctors said this was a precautionary move. He was never put on a ventilator which does tend to corroborate the view that his move to the ICU was precautionary. Once he moved to the ICU however, Johnson deputized his Foreign Minister, Dominic Raab, to take over his functions. Ultimately after a week in hospital Johnson recovered enough to be discharged and resumed his PM duties.

In our case it appears that Trump's illness has not progressed as far as Johnson's at the time he was admitted to the hospital. Thus it would be surprising if Trump was moved to the ICU in the next day, or even two. Therefore if such a move actually happened, it would be a significant negative - certainly not priced into markets or political expectations. All the more reason it would be a huge marker.
okaydo

okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo

B.A. Bearacus
okaydo

Krugman Is A Moron
OaktownBear said:

Matthew Patel said:

OaktownBear said:

okaydo said:

Omar has no sense whatsoever.
I love it. I wish she'd been born here. There is no reason to be polite about this.

Everything she said is true. We all know it. We are all thinking it. If you said it, fine. He doesn't deserve our politeness. I agree. As a politician a month before a presidential election you have to know your party doesn't want to appear to be gloating over the President getting a life threatening illness. Cable news is saying it so you don't have to. Unlike AOC, Omar's act has been amateur hour from the beginning. This doesn't hurt Trump at all so what is the point?
She knows the highest office in the land she'll ever command is a senator. She doesn't have to be nice. She is our best representative in the house by far, unlike AOC and Jayapal who bend the knee when Pelosi tells them to. She tells it like it is 100% of the time.
"Yogi is right" - Oaktown Bear
okaydo
BearlyCareAnymore
Cal84 said:

Things to watch for next:

Now that Trump has been hospitalized, the next big sign post is whether or not he get moved to the ICU. That would be significant for two reasons. First as a signal that the illness is progressing, and second it is at that stage that he would be expected to temporarily give up his duties as President and have Pence take over command responsibility.

It is worth examining how this process played out with Boris Johnson the PM of the UK. Johnson was admitted to the hospital after his illness was not responding to treatment. Within 24 hours of entering the hospital, he was transferred to the ICU. At the time doctors said this was a precautionary move. He was never put on a ventilator which does tend to corroborate the view that his move to the ICU was precautionary. Once he moved to the ICU however, Johnson deputized his Foreign Minister, Dominic Raab, to take over his functions. Ultimately after a week in hospital Johnson recovered enough to be discharged and resumed his PM duties.

In our case it appears that Trump's illness has not progressed as far as Johnson's at the time he was admitted to the hospital. Thus it would be surprising if Trump was moved to the ICU in the next day, or even two. Therefore if such a move actually happened, it would be a significant negative - certainly not priced into markets or political expectations. All the more reason it would be a huge marker.
They moved Trump to the hospital now because he can walk in on his own two feet and if it gets to the point where he can't, they won't have to tell us.
okaydo

okaydo

okaydo
bearister
Poetic justice for Trump in the worst week of his presidency | The Star

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/contributors/2020/10/01/trumps-debate-performance-exposes-the-frailty-of-us-democracy-under-attack-by-a-white-house-mob-boss.html
bearister
Regarding Tucker's attempt at analogy: it is a typical dumb guy's "like a fish riding a bicycle" non sequitur.

My analogies:
tRump getting COVID 19 is like a bomb maker blowing himself up while making a bomb; or Jeffrey Dahmer getting his arm stuck in a bear trap, having to cut it off, and choking on it when he started eating it because he was starving.
bearister

...if this pattern keeps up, Devin Nunes will get struck by lightening...and Billy Barr will go to the White House bunker.
okaydo
bearister said:

...if this pattern keeps up, Devin Nunes will get struck by lightening...and Billy Barr will go to the White House bunker.

https://s3media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/232/535/9535232.gif
IMG_8241.gif" />

For those of you who haven't been following the drama, Kellyanne's daughter outed her, prompting that tweet.

okaydo
okaydo
bearister
Rudy and Chris Christie for sure will get it after spending hours with tRump in debate prep.

Question:

Precisely what were all these rocket scientists basing their opinion on that it was not unsafe to not wear masks and not socially distance? I am truly interested to hear the answer. Did Furd Doctor Scott Atlas tell them it was cool? Or was it the hippie doc or the drunk Navy doc? Does the pillow guy give medical opinions?
okaydo
Kellyanne is practically breathing in Bill Barr's mouth.

bearister
When Kellyanne went in real tight with Barr Sinister, she as good as did this to him:

I think this entire crew of geniuses Grossly overestimated the reliability of daily testing.
okaydo

bearister
God-tier genetics': A stunned MAGA world offers blame, adulation after Trump's diagnosis

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/02/maga-world-blame-adulation-trump-covid-425624
Cal84
Discovery of the event isn't the issue. The significance of the event is the issue. And by corrollary the probability of the event.
BearlyCareAnymore
okaydo said:

Twitter booth
okaydo

bearister

Gee, that moral and ethical crew that orchestrated the debate strategy that made your chest swell with American pride are starting to look a lot like they attended a party that served bad shrimp.
BearNIt
Who on the Trump Campaign or in his immediate vicinity hasn't tested positive for CIVID, hasn't been tackled by the police and hauled off for a period of "rest", or isn't worried about being indicted? You just can't make this **** up. Karma?
Big C
bearister said:

Regarding Tucker's attempt at analogy: it is a typical dumb guy's "like a fish riding a bicycle" non sequitur.

My analogies:
tRump getting COVID 19 is like a bomb maker blowing himself up while making a bomb; or Jeffrey Dahmer getting his arm stuck in a bear trap, having to cut it off, and choking on it when he started eating it because he was starving.

For a Berkeley connection here. it would be like if the Unibomber had died when he opened a package that had arrived at his shack in the woods, marked "RETURN TO SENDER".
Big C
Big C said:

bearister said:

My analogies:

For a Berkeley connection here. it would be like if the Unibomber had died when he opened a package that had arrived at his shack in the woods, marked "RETURN TO SENDER".

It would be like if Shayne Skov, when he was up for a cup of coffee in the NFL, died when somebody took a cheap shot on him.
Big C

It would be like if Dumpster Muffin died from falling out of a tree.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.