Rona getting closer to the Prez

39,509 Views | 358 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by concordtom
BearChemist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Put Ron Johnson on the list.
bearister
" Fate leads the willing, Seneca said, while the unwilling get dragged.

For his entire life, Donald Trump has stayed one step ahead of disaster, plying his gift for holding reality at bay.

He conjured his own threadbare reality, about success, about virility, about imbroglios with women, even about the height of Trump Tower.

As president, he has created a bubble within his bubble, keeping out science and anything that made him look bad. He has played a dangerous game of alchemizing wishes to facts, pretending that he was a strong leader, pretending that the virus will magically disappear and that it "affects virtually nobody,'' pretending that we don't have to wear masks, pretending that dicey remedies could work, pretending that the vaccine is right around the corner.

Now, in a moment that feels biblical, the implacable virus has come to his door...

... And, in the end, the con man in the Oval Office could not con the virus. He was a perverse Pied Piper of contagion, luring crowds to his rallies and events on the White House lawn, even as he mocked the safety measures recommended by his own government, sidelined and undermined Dr. Anthony Fauci, and turned the mask into a symbol of blue-state wimpiness.....

.... Even for Trump, it was an astonishing act of hubris, asking his base to choose between paying homage to him or protecting their own lives.....

...... The pictures from the Rose Garden last Saturday, where President Trump nominated Judge Barrett, scream superspreader. There's a maskless Trump and maskless Republican lawmakers and a maskless president of the University of Notre Dame and lots of hugs, kisses and handshakes. Mike Lee and Thom Tillis, both Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee, were there; on Friday they said they had tested positive for the virus, as did John Jenkins, the president of Notre Dame, and Kellyanne Conway, Trump's former top aide who was also in the Rose Garden that day. (Judge Barrett, who recovered from the virus this summer, graduated from the law school and became a professor there.) Bill Stepien, Trump's campaign manager, also tested positive. Three White House reporters have also reported testing positive this past week.....

..... It's impossible to know how or even whether this illness will change the president. But hopefully it will change his skeptical followers and make them realize that this vicious microbe really is contagious, that President Trump is not invulnerable and that therefore they are not either, that crowding together at rallies is not smart, that wearing a mask is important, and that it's not all going to disappear like a miracle......

Opinion | Reality Bursts the Trumpworld Bubble - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/03/opinion/trump-coronavirus-covid.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
B.A. Bearacus
BearChemist said:

Put Ron Johnson on the list.

With Johnson, now 24.

bearister
Rick Scott

*...and like the Secret Service, they are not in the position to stand up to the White House culture of being mocked for wearing masks.
B.A. Bearacus
BearChemist
okaydo
BearChemist said:

I go off Twitter for like an hour or so, and I'm missing all this news.

UPDATE: Also missed the Cam Newton news.

82gradDLSdad
Big C said:

bearister said:

Regarding Tucker's attempt at analogy: it is a typical dumb guy's "like a fish riding a bicycle" non sequitur.

My analogies:
tRump getting COVID 19 is like a bomb maker blowing himself up while making a bomb; or Jeffrey Dahmer getting his arm stuck in a bear trap, having to cut it off, and choking on it when he started eating it because he was starving.

For a Berkeley connection here. it would be like if the Unibomber had died when he opened a package that had arrived at his shack in the woods, marked "RETURN TO SENDER".
bearister
I his book, Michael Cohen explains that tRump's concept of loyalty is a one way street. The journey of Chris Christie, who spent hours with tRump in debate prep, confirms Michael Cohen's analysis:

okaydo
bearister said:

I his book, Michael Cohen explains that tRump's concept of loyalty is a one way street. The journey of Chris Christie, who spent hours with tRump in debate prep, confirms Michael Cohen's analysis:

1. It's weird that Christie would be close to Trump since he put Jared Kushner's dad in prison.

2. It's weird also because he served as an ABC News analyst after the debate.
BearChemist
BearlyCareAnymore
B.A. Bearacus said:

George Costanza reference too easy.
Unit2Sucks
Would anyone be surprised if Trump tested positive before the debate and we just haven't found out yet? Seems weird he would have symptom onset so soon given everything we know about the virus.
82gradDLSdad
bearister said:

Christie has tested positive. Shocker. I'm sure he'll be fine.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
I've posted this a few times over the years. And I'm sorry for posting it again.

I will never get over the height thing.

Yes, Ronny Jackson is now on the verge of becoming a congressman.

But that's what's worrying.

How can you trust any White House doctor under Trump?

B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Listen to the distortion.
Unit2Sucks
At this point we should have a daily proof of life. We can't trust anything the White House is telling us, at least until January 2021 when Biden is sworn in.
B.A. Bearacus
Top of FoxNews.com right now. Wut?

bearister
The WH has had its spokespeople "withdraw" public statements so many times that there is only one term to adequately describe the phenomenon: Coitus interruptus
B.A. Bearacus
BearlyCareAnymore
bearister said:

The WH has had its spokespeople "withdraw" public statements so many times that there is only one term to adequately describe the phenomenon: Coitus interruptus

Or in this case COVID Interruptus.
chazzed
TO SUM UP THE CURRENT SITUATION:

A self-proclaimed billionaire is getting free publicly-funded health care so that he can stay on the job. At this job, he---with help from other wealthy people---is suing to prevent low-income people from getting publicly-funded health care.

Ladies and gentlemen...the GOP.
Unit2Sucks
chazzed said:

A self-proclaimed billionaire is getting free publicly-funded health care so that he can stay on the job. At this job, he---with help from other wealthy people---is suing to prevent low-income people from getting publicly-funded health care.

Based on the level of income tax he pays, he may qualify for medicaid as a private citizen.
bearister
I assume that if Rudy gets The Taint he will just go to ground (unless someone leaks his test result). Barr Sinister will have a much more difficult, if not impossible, time covering up a positive test.
okaydo

okaydo

Anarchistbear
Good to see all these "essential workers" getting Covid but the fact they may recover is disappointing and of course relates to their caste system on healthcare.

Let's all pray to whomever it may concern that they all get what's coming to them.
bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

Top of FoxNews.com right now. Wut?

" Kenneth, what is the frequency?"

Yogi11
chazzed said:

I hope we send him a giant ****ing bill
bearister
Anarchistbear said:

Good to see all these "essential workers" getting Covid but the fact they may recover is disappointing and of course relates to their caste system on healthcare.

Let's all pray to whomever it may concern that they all get what's coming to them.

Right before the Eastwood character, William Munny kills Gene Hackman's character "Little Bill", Bill says, "I don't deserve to die like this." Eastwood's reply is simply, "Deserves got nothing to do with it."

If it did, tRump and associates would suffer the same fate as Little Bill did.

chazzed
...and let us cram it where the UV light doesn't shine.
okaydo
Cal84
okaydo said:

I've posted this a few times over the years. And I'm sorry for posting it again.

I will never get over the height thing.
Earlier in his presidential term Trump was described as being 6'2". Now 6'3" I guess. He's actually 5'10". How do I know this? Because when I met and was talking to him back in the 90s I was looking down at the top of his head. This is also how I know he does not wear a toupee. 'Cuz I could see his scalp. He has really thin/fine hair. He's not balding per se, but just has really thin hair strands. Correspondingly his hairdo isn't a wrap around, more like a puffed up comb over.

Anyway back in those days, he didn't wear lifts in his shoes. I'm like 6'2" in my wingtips (this is a shoe type worn in that era for you youngsters). He's was like 6' in his wingtips. So he's not short. Slightly taller than average. 5'10".

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.