Official Senator Kamala Harris v. The Man from Glad Vice Presidential Debate Thread

8,808 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by B.A. Bearacus
bearister
How long do you want to ignore this user?

I don't blame her. Pence is probably filthy with the stuff.

Pence is allegedly religious. I wonder if he has a "tell" when he is lying?
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
AunBear89
bearister said:

I don't blame her. Pence is probably filthy with the stuff.

Pence is allegedly religious. I wonder if he has a "tell" when he is lying?

Yes - when his lips are moving it's a safe bet he's lying.
bearister
...and Mother is stage right silently sobbing with pronounced heaving of the shoulders...all the while making sure Daddy isn't furtively checking out Senator Harris during her responses.
sycasey
She has a good enough reason not to do the debate at all, at least not one that's in person. Pence should be quarantined.
okaydo
I worry that Kamala will be too prosecutorial and Pence will be too "nice," making her look bad and him look good.

Pence has a way of making it so that if you criticize him, you look like the bad guy.

I remember the Hamilton cast incident. The Joy Behar incident.

He's like Trump policy-wise, except he knows how/when to do the right thing.

So she has a tricky path to navigate. She can't be the person in the Senate hearings. But she can't let him off the hook. She has to go hard, without looking like she's going hard.

B.A. Bearacus
Begin/continue the messaging that Biden isn't a real man. Go for it -- it's not gonna help.

Krugman Is A Moron
"Yogi is right" - Oaktown Bear
sycasey
It's still kind of insane that this debate is even happening. I wouldn't want anyone else in a room with Pence, who was knowingly exposed to infected people in recent weeks.
wifeisafurd
sycasey said:

It's still kind of insane that this debate is even happening. I wouldn't want anyone else in a room with Pence, who was knowingly exposed to infected people in recent weeks.
Which is millions of people like health professional, teachers, the guys at Costco, reporters, police, etc.. The questions is spacing, masks, etc. Pence supposedly has different view on masks than Trump, and even apologized for not wearing one at the Mayo clinic (Unlike Trump, the guy apologies). He has been wearing masks for the last few wearing and if you believe NPR, avoids the President and his inner staff as much as possible, won don't wear masks (which is a different discussion). Pence is vulnerable because he has closely tied himself to Trump's response, as the chair of the White House COVID task force and a constant advocate for the president publicly. So far, Pence hasn't publicly criticized the administration's response to Covid-19 even though insiders say the task force made recommendations that Pence argued for and thought he had convinced the President to follow, and Trump would then later make some off hand remarks about the CDC or Fauci undermining the recommendations, and then forcing Pence to follow. Pence as been constantly tested over the last several weeks and is negative. I assume that the limited VIPs are forced to wear masks, and they have spacing and glass barriers for the debaters and commentators, so Harris is safe. At some point you have to let democracy happen. Both Presidential candidates are elderly and there is some chance one of the debaters will run the country as some point.
sycasey
wifeisafurd said:

sycasey said:

Which is millions of people like health professional, teachers, the guys at Costco, reporters, police, etc.. The questions is spacing, masks, etc. Pence supposedly has different view on masks than Trump, and even apologized for not wearing one at the Mayo clinic (Unlike Trump, the guy apologies). He has been wearing masks for the last few wearing and if you believe NPR, avoids the President and his inner staff as much as possible, won don't wear masks (which is a different discussion). Pence is vulnerable because he has closely tied himself to Trump's response, as the chair of the White House COVID task force and a constant advocate for the president publicly. So far, Pence hasn't publicly criticized the administration's response to Covid-19 even though insiders say the task force made recommendations that Pence argued for and thought he had convinced the President to follow, and Trump would then later make some off hand remarks about the CDC or Fauci undermining the recommendations, and then forcing Pence to follow. Pence as been constantly tested over the last several weeks and is negative. I assume that the limited VIPs are forced to wear masks, and they have spacing and glass barriers for the debaters and commentators, so Harris is safe. At some point you have to let democracy happen. Both Presidential candidates are elderly and there is some chance one of the debaters will run the country as some point.
I realize Pence has been more careful than Trump, but he's still been exposed to a lot of these people recently. Seems prudent for him to be self-quarantining. The debate could still happen virtually.
bearister
The White House is a den of liars. Senator Harris, make the Man from Glad wear a HazMat suit!

sycasey
bearister said:

The White House is a den of liars. Senator Harris, make the Man from Glad wear a HazMat suit!

Trump is the super-spreader.
bearister
....he probably has the clap too, so after he goes down for tax evasion like Capone he can spend the last few years (or days) of his life fishing in his bathrobe and Omar the tent maker designed pajamas muttering to himself.

smh
dumb question -: whats the point of re-testing already covid positive patients?
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
blungld
okaydo said:

Yes, protect those sacred lives, unless they are protesting, or immigrating, or practicing a different religion, or live where there is oil, or are criminals they want to execute, or you are the birthing mother who may be at risk from labor, or any number of exceptions to how "sacred" life truly is, because ultimately that cell cluster is WAY more important than an actually formed human being who might be different from you. What a rock solid belief system!
okaydo

bearister
"My friends, we cannot tolerate or turn a blind eye to racism and exclusion in any form and yet claim to defend the sacredness of every human life." Pope Francis

*This is why the Pope refused to meet with Pompeo
bearister
BearForce2
sycasey said:

Aren't they both being continually tested?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
sycasey said:

Yeah, if Kamala dies from covid, that would be insane.
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Can we trust anything coming out of this White House?
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Can we trust anything coming from the media?
BearChemist
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

When was Donnie's last negative Covid test, smarty?
sycasey
BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Given that this is how we learned anyone in the WH even had COVID, apparently yes.
bearister
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Yes, that they all have The Taint.
Big C
smh said:

dumb question -: whats the point of re-testing already covid positive patients?

To determine at what point they are no longer able to transmit the virus, right?
BearForce2
BearChemist said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

probably today.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/07/trump-symptom-free-has-covid-19-antibodies-doc/
BearForce2
sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

Given that this is how we learned anyone in the WH even had COVID, apparently yes.
We've also learned they have feelings as they showed us their outrage as Trump left Walter Reed.
BearChemist
BearForce2 said:

BearChemist said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

probably today.

Nice dodge. Try again: when was Donnie's last negative Covid test before diagnosis?

And, the detection of antibody is like getting busted for DUI after one bottle of whiskey.
BearChemist
BearForce2 said:

BearChemist said:

BearForce2 said:

BearChemist said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

BearForce2 said:

sycasey said:

probably today.

Nice dodge. Try again: when was Donnie's last negative Covid test before diagnosis?

And, the detection of antibody is like getting busted for DUI after one bottle of whiskey. Are you dumber than I thought you are?
you're the dumb one asking.
Let the record show BearFarce is still dodging. Feeling insecure about the supreme leader?
bearister
" People who are severely ill with COVID-19 might need to stay home longer than 10 days and up to 20 days after symptoms first appeared." CDC

tRump must have been severely ill because they were treating him like he was the Titanic.
Unit2Sucks
This debate won't move the needle whatsoever so I hope Harris goes after Pence like a shark. He's a loser who was lucky to glom onto Trump after failing as governor of Indiana. He sorta kinda ran the COVID task force and we all know how that's gone. If Pence is lucky he'll go back to talk radio after he leaves office in January, but his goose is cooked.
okaydo

bearister
I wonder how squirrel nuts will do tonight under pressure from tRump to be disruptive like he was against Biden? Pence and Mother will have a good cry after the debate.
BearForce2
okaydo said:

LOL if true, I also heard Biden reserved a ticket for Luis Fonsi.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.