Glenn Greenwald Resigns From Intercept Due to Hunter Censorship

9,071 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BearForce2
calpoly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

But I do know that the establishment media has been doing everything they could to kill the Hunter Biden story (at least until the election - maybe they'll show more interest afterward) in the name of defeating Trump.

How do you "know" that? What's the proof?

And remember, you have two claims here that both must be supported: that (1) the media is deliberately killing the story and (2) that they are doing it specifically to hurt Trump (or help Biden).
Like I said, most intellectually dishonest person on this site and it isn't close. It's not like you have to look very far for journalists who are saying this very thing.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/the-media-and-social-media-drive-to-squelch-information-a-menace-no-matter-who-wins-election/

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/27/opinion/hunter-biden-story-media.html

I was asking Kaworu, not you. I know what you think, Yogi.
Well, he wasn't wrong. He's hardly the only one talking about this.
Okay, so what's your answer? You know the media is trying to kill the story because folks like Matt Taibbi say so?
Because we can see that it's happening. And it's been reported on. But apparently you only consider some sources worthwhile.
Believe it or not, I have read his arguments like Taibbi's before. He tends to cite maybe one or two instances (like Twitter blocking the link to the original NY Post story) and then spin that into a speculative argument that the media at large is trying to help the Biden campaign. It's possible they are, but IMO it hasn't really been proven with solid evidence. There are a lot of other possible reasons why this could be happening (if it even is happening) that have little to do with helping one campaign or another. Mainstream news outlets could be trying to "cover their a**es" from being blamed again for over-focusing on sideline scandals with no real proof of wrongdoing, as they were for Hillary's emails in 2016. What about the Trump-Russia stuff from earlier in his term? That wasn't happening in an election year, and the sourcing for it wasn't someone literally working for a rival candidate (Giuliani). I think the equivalence is a little false here.

Or it could be that various editors/reporters are attempting to review and confirm the evidence and aren't finding enough to warrant a major story. That seemed to be happening at the Wall Street Journal, which is typically no friend of Democrats. How do you know it's not one of those things and instead is media collusion to help Joe Biden, as Taibbi or Greenwald or any number of right-wing pundits claim?

I try to weigh various sources' arguments against one another to determine what I find worthwhile. At the moment I'm finding Taibbi's argument wanting.
I have an easier summary for the above.

I agree...this is a better look for you.
sycasey
Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

But I do know that the establishment media has been doing everything they could to kill the Hunter Biden story (at least until the election - maybe they'll show more interest afterward) in the name of defeating Trump.

And remember, you have two claims here that both must be supported: that (1) the media is deliberately killing the story and (2) that they are doing it specifically to hurt Trump (or help Biden).
Like I said, most intellectually dishonest person on this site and it isn't close. It's not like you have to look very far for journalists who are saying this very thing.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/27/the-media-and-social-media-drive-to-squelch-information-a-menace-no-matter-who-wins-election/

Okay, so what's your answer? You know the media is trying to kill the story because folks like Matt Taibbi say so?
Because we can see that it's happening. And it's been reported on. But apparently you only consider some sources worthwhile.
Believe it or not, I have read his arguments like Taibbi's before. He tends to cite maybe one or two instances (like Twitter blocking the link to the original NY Post story) and then spin that into a speculative argument that the media at large is trying to help the Biden campaign. It's possible they are, but IMO it hasn't really been proven with solid evidence. There are a lot of other possible reasons why this could be happening (if it even is happening) that have little to do with helping one campaign or another. Mainstream news outlets could be trying to "cover their a**es" from being blamed again for over-focusing on sideline scandals with no real proof of wrongdoing, as they were for Hillary's emails in 2016. What about the Trump-Russia stuff from earlier in his term? That wasn't happening in an election year, and the sourcing for it wasn't someone literally working for a rival candidate (Giuliani). I think the equivalence is a little false here.

Or it could be that various editors/reporters are attempting to review and confirm the evidence and aren't finding enough to warrant a major story. That seemed to be happening at the Wall Street Journal, which is typically no friend of Democrats. How do you know it's not one of those things and instead is media collusion to help Joe Biden, as Taibbi or Greenwald or any number of right-wing pundits claim?

I try to weigh various sources' arguments against one another to determine what I find worthwhile. At the moment I'm finding Taibbi's argument wanting.

I no longer believe you're not Yogi. I will not attempt to discuss things seriously with you anymore.
Kaworu
sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

I no longer believe you're not Yogi. I will not attempt to discuss things seriously with you anymore.
If up above is what you consider a serious discussion, I'm not so sure it's a huge loss
sycasey
Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

If up above is what you consider a serious discussion, I'm not so sure it's a huge loss

Yeah, that ostrich picture was such an attempt at serious discussion.

C'mon man.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
BearForce2
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
dajo9
Where is the E Jean Carroll coverage. Why is that story being hidden by the media?
Anarchistbear
sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

"Give me my ball back too!"
sycasey
Anarchistbear said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

"Give me my ball back too!"
Sounds like Greenwald.
Yogi49
sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg
Yeah, because it's just totally inconceivable that someone else would realize that you're the most intellectually dishonest Democratic poster on this. Everybody is Russians. Everybody is Yogi.

Let me refer to you to my previous post on this subject, since like dajo9 you are too stupid to read all the icons.
https://bearinsider.com/forums/6/topics/98344/replies/1807543
Yogi49
dajo9 said:

Where is the E Jean Carroll coverage. Why is that story being hidden by the media?
Nobody cares, twat. It has nothing to do with why the media is burying this story. It's just your typical whataboutism.
sycasey
Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

Yeah, because it's just totally inconceivable that someone else would realize that you're the most intellectually dishonest Democratic poster on this. Everybody is Russians. Everybody is Yogi.

I mean, you've got to admit you brought the "everybody is Yogi" claims on yourself.
Yogi49
sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/035ostrich_468x538.jpg

I mean, you've got to admit you brought the "everybody is Yogi" claims on yourself.
I practically yell it at you when it's me.

Ain't my fault I have so many ID's. Talk to the mods. If Chris Avery didn't have a stick up his ass because I called Tedford a fscking pvssy in chat for running a delayed draw vs Washington in 2007 on 3rd and 23 down big, I'd never have gotten the first ban. Every other ban is because he had a stick up his ass about that.

Like Glenn Greenwald, I can't be censored.
sycasey
Kid Quick said:

Ain't my fault I have so many ID's.

LOL
dajo9
Kid Quick said:

dajo9 said:

Nobody cares, twat. It has nothing to do with why the media is burying this story. It's just your typical whataboutism.

Yes but where is the E Jean Carroll coverage?
Kaworu
sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

sycasey said:

Kid Quick said:

sycasey said:

Kaworu said:

Yeah, that ostrich picture was such an attempt at serious discussion.

C'mon man.
No it wasn't. It was a reflection on what you wrote.
Bear With Me
calpoly said:

Bear With Me said:

calpoly said:

Bear With Me said:

calpoly said:

golden sloth said:

Conservatives need to learn that freedom of speech does not mean the freedom to lie.
Why would they did that? It would mean they would never get elected if they really told us what they plan to do.
You mean like with stacking the court?

Seriously, not that you said it, but it would be pretty naive to think the same couldn't be said for both parties.
Well they did not stack the courts when Obama was president so I guess you are the one being naive thinking that both parties do it.
The naive comment had to do with both parties not telling us what they really plan to do for fear of not getting elected. Biden not telling us what he plans to do in regards to court stacking is just a recent example. An Obama example would be the ramrodding of the ACA.
Please tell me how the ACA was "ramrodded"? As was mentioned in other posts, Obama campaigned on having universal healthcare so you cannot say that it was a surprise.
I must have missed the parts about the individual mandate, not getting to keep your doctor if you like your doctor, not being able to keep your health plan if you like your health plan, increased premiums, allowing zero republican input, having to pass the legislation in order to find out what was in it, and trying to implement it long before it was ready. My bad.

Obama lied about the ACA because he was afraid he wouldn't have gotten elected had he told us what he really planned to do, and then he ramrodded it through.
BearForce2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.