The New Doctor

2,347 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by smh
BearInMind
How long do you want to ignore this user?
(An old one from the archives)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The New Doctor
Quote:

A young doctor moved to a small northern community to replace a doctor who was retiring.
Quote:

The older doctor suggested that the young one accompany him on his rounds so the community could become used to the new doctor.
Quote:

At the first house a woman complains, "I've been a little sick to my stomach."
Quote:

The older doctor says, "Well, you've probably been overdoing the fresh fruit.
Quote:

Cut back on the amount you're eating and see if that does the trick."
Quote:

As they left, the younger man said, "You didn't even examine that woman.
Quote:

How'd you come to the diagnosis so quickly?"
Quote:

"I didn't have to. You noticed I dropped my stethoscope on the floor in there?
Quote:

When I bent over to pick it up I noticed a half dozen banana peels in the trash.
Quote:

That was what probably was making her sick."
Quote:

The younger doctor said, "Pretty clever. If you don't mind I think I'll try that at the next house."
Quote:

Arriving at the next house, they spent several minutes talking with a younger woman.
Quote:

She said that she just didn't have the energy she once did and said, "I'm feeling terribly run down lately."
Quote:

"You've probably been doing too much for the Church," the younger doctor told her.
Quote:

"Perhaps you should cut back a bit and see if that helps."
Quote:

As they left, the elder doctor said, "I know that woman well.
Quote:

Your diagnosis is almost certainly correct, she's very active in the church, but how did you arrive at it?"
Quote:

"I did what you did at the last house. I dropped my stethoscope and, when I bent down to retrieve it, I noticed the priest under the bed!"

smh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i opened this thread hoping to read about BBCAmerica's next DrWho lead, the first of the female persuasion..
http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2018/02/bbc-america-reveals-new-doctor-who-logo

muting ~250 handles, turnaround is fair play
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.