Knowlton in running for Northwestern AD job

9,219 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Fyght4Cal
01Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WalterSobchak said:

01Bear said:

WalterSobchak said:

01Bear said:

HearstMining said:

MilleniaBear said:

We could put together a great list of Cal sports alums who perform well at administration - Sean Marks, Shareef Abdur Rahim, Kevin Johnson, etc. KJ would be great - he managed to get that new downtown arena for Sac. Heck lets get AR! It would be great to have him sit down with his old instructor and explain why they need to inspire students!
KJ is an interesting thought and I think a great candidate. Two-term mayor of Sacramento during the Great Recession when the city's finances were really in the toilet and did a good job albeit with some controversy. Started the St Hope Development Corp to redevelop parts of the Oak Park neighborhood in Sac and the St Hope charter school. As mentioned above, shepherded the change in ownership of the Sac Kings and building of the downtown arena. It appears that the guy got a lot done and additionally demonstrated the ability to bring in outside funds for many of his projects. And not a bad guy to help close the deal on a 5* basketball prospect.

The fly in the ointment is a sexual assault/harassment charge from 1996 when he was in Phoenix that, from what I read, the authorities there elected not to pursue. While that would prevent the SF Board of Ed from naming a school after him, would it render him persona non grata by the Cal administration and faculty?

And of course the other question, would he want to do it?

Coincidentally enough, I was re-reading the thread on DJ Rodgers last night. Some very good points about why his offer may have been rescinded despite no formal charges being leveled against him were made.
You only think those points were good because you don't know the law, which is why the threads keep getting locked and the topic is forbidden.

Oh? Are you a prosecutor? Or maybe a criminal defense attorney? Were you one before? Are/were you even a lawyer? If you are/were, you should know that the law has little bearing on the rescission of a scholarship offer, except insofar as it may be determined to be a breach of a contract. Frankly, it seems you are the one who is unfamiliar with the law, here.

Along those lines, what makes you think I'm unfamiliar with the law? You have no idea who I am, what I do, or what I've studied.

Additionally, do you know to which thread I alluded? Incidentally, it was not locked. This suggests the points to which I alluded are not the same ones you you have in mind.
Wrong.

Oh? Why don't you enlighten us, Mr. Legal Expert?
GoCal80
Northwestern went with an internal hire for their athletic director and the decision has drawn a lot of negative press over this individual's controversial past: https://www.insidenu.com/2021/5/3/22416727/op-ed-northwestern-turns-a-blind-eye-instead-of-a-corner-with-polisky-promotion
Fyght4Cal
Fyght4Cal
Wow! This guy is a piece of work. A sexist racist who forced a player out in order to take his scholarship for someone else.
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.
bearister
Cal Survived Covid. Now, Back to Its Usual Problems - The New York Times

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/10/sports/sports-cal-berkeley-covid.html
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
okaydo

ColoradoBear
So now we might find out if Knowlton only said he wasn't interested after Northwestern moved on to look at other candidates....

Also, does this chump get a buyout?
GivemTheAxe
ColoradoBear said:

So now we might find out if Knowlton only said he wasn't interested after Northwestern moved on to look at other candidates....

Amazingly the chump (the new AD) just might get a nice severance package.
1. He didn't do anything wrong AFTER he was hired.
2 he was prevented from being effective in his new position based upon circumstances (i.e. the protests that started AFTER he accepted his position which did not arise from any conduct of his AFTER he was hired).
3. The school had all the relevant facts regarding his involvement in the sexist-racist conduct BEFORE he was hired.

However the other chump (the President of the school) might get fired "for cause" for being such a tone-deaf idiot.
Fyght4Cal
GivemTheAxe said:

ColoradoBear said:

Amazingly the chump (the new AD) just might get a nice severance package.
1. He didn't do anything wrong AFTER he was hired.
2 he was prevented from being effective in his new position based upon circumstances (i.e. the protests that started AFTER he accepted his position which did not arise from any conduct of his AFTER he was hired).
3. The school had all the relevant facts regarding his involvement in the sexist-racist conduct BEFORE he was hired.

However the other chump (the President of the school) might get fired "for cause" for being such a tone-deaf idiot.
What a ****show. Every time I hear a complaint about the Cal Athletics Department, my auto-response will be, "At least we're not Northwestern."
Patience is a virtue, but I’m not into virtue signaling these days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.